C*CK P*SS P*RDEW

themanupstairs

34 minutes ago, The Prophet said:

I stand by my previous answers.

I'd also throw onto the mix he had a squad including Colo, Santon, Tiote, Cabaye, Ben Arfa, Cisse and Ba, which you'd expect to be pushing for European places. Yet it did that on one occasion and was nearly relegated the next.

How many of these went on to have better seasons? 

Colo (on his day), Cabaye, Ben Arfa, Ba genuinely class players. Krul, Tiote & Cisse very good players at that point too but with massive limitations. But that team also had Mike Williamson, Steven Taylor, Santon, Ryan Taylor, Shola,  Guthrie etc. A lot of genuine bottom half / Championship players.

Santon retired at 31 and didn't add to his Italian caps after us. He may have had a better career doing the inverted fullback thing but he was awful for us largely.

Pardew did well to get a talented team with limitations so far for that one season. Pardew was genuinely good at maintaining vibes (be they good or bad). A lot of that I assume is cultivating team spirit and empowering more talented players. Couple FA Cup finals and some good seasons as a PL manager. Bruce, McClaren & Souness all worse managers for us.

The Pardew revisionism is a joke like, you often see it on our Reddit page. Even if you look past the atrocious football, he was Ashley's mouthpiece, constantly attempting to run with the hare and hunt with the hounds. Acting on like he was hard done to, his hands were tied, players were sold behind his back, all things he had no problem leaning on while also paying homage to Ashley, defending Joe Kinnear, taking the job behind Chris Hughton's back, accepting an 8 year contract knowing the situation, and relentlessly and snidely bringing up that all of our players were for sale and had release clauses - basically akin to someone walking through Benwell with a megaphone going "I hope I don't get mugged!" He did it time and again with Ba, Cabaye, Ben Arfa, and Tiote. 

As I've said countless times, he's football's Lyle Lanley and time and time again people are taken in by his con-artist act with hokey revisionism because of 11-12.

Noone successfully instilled the idea that Newcastle are just also-rans who can't compete, can't keep their players, and should know their place better than Pardew imo. That was the time you first started to notice it amongst fans that Ashley's rhetoric would make it into conversations with fans, imo via Pardew and his constant downplaying of what was possible. Then beyond the propaganda there were the excuses, the lies, the digs at the fans, the tributes to Ashley, and the embarrasment of him nutting Neylor, pushing a linesman, calling Pellegrini an old cunt etc. He was a complete cunt.

Then when you get to the football, he had by far the best post-SBR squad that Newcastle have assembled imo. He had the likes of HBA, Ba, Remy, Cabaye, Tiote, Coloccini, Debuchy, Sissoko, on a silver platter and served up the worst football I've ever seen at Newcastle, breaking countless all time records for being absolutely shit in just about every way. Meanwhile, Rafa, someone it's laughable to compare his record at Newcastle with, was forced to bumble around the bargain basement and expected to make up the difference with his own talent.

You'll notice that that was a running theme with Ashley - shit manager? Better spend some money on players! Good manager? We don't need to spend any money on players then!

Just a reminder of some of the records Pardew has as Newcastle manager, in case anyone makes the mistake of putting on their rose-tinted glasses. 

Our defence

• Our goal difference under Pardew was -40, the combined goal difference under Gullit, Souness, Roeder, Allardyce, Kinnear, Shearer and Hughton was -32
  • Prior to Pardew, Newcastle had only lost 35 Premier League games by 3 goals or more. Under Pardew alone we lost by more than 3 goals 22 times - more than any other Premier League club during his tenure
  • Our 0-6 home defeat to Liverpool was the biggest home loss by Newcastle since 1925

Our attack

• Our record when losing at half time was W:1 D:7 L:38, managing 10 points from a possible 141
  • We didn't score from a corner for 102 matches - nearly 2 weeks worth of continuous football
  • In 2014 alone we failed to score in half of our matches
  • Under Pardew our PPG (including the 5th season remember) was 1.34 points
  • In 2014 alone we had the second lowest goals tally in the top 4 tiers

Losing streaks

• In every season under Pardew we went at least a third of it without winning
  • First Newcastle manager to lose 6 consecutive games
  • We lost 4 home games in a row without scoring a single goal - the first time that this has happened in our history
  • Most amount of home defeats in 12-13 with probably the best post-SBR Newcastle squad

Derbies

• Pardew managed 5 goals in 8 matches against Sunderland, something Hughton managed in 1 match before being sacked for not being good enough
  • We conceded more goals against Sunderland with Pardew as manager of Newcastle than Keegan, Dalglish, Souness, Roeder, Allardyce, Kinnear and Hughton combined (12 vs 11)
  • He managed a holy trinity of: failing to score in a derby for the first time since 1989, failing to score in a home derby for the first time since 1983, and managing it twice in a row for the first time since 1901
  • He managed us to our first 4 consecutive derby losses in the history of the club

The excuses

• The crowd got too excited and the players got wrapped up in that
  • Young players being inexperienced
  • Not being backed by a sovereign state
  • The expectations put on the players to perform
  • There weren't enough fans in the stadium (30,000)
  • Too many tournaments (World Cup, Olympics, African Cup of Nations) ignoring that that applied to every Premier League team
  • The transfer market was quiet because the Olympics was on
  • We couldn't move the date of a game that we went on to lose because of Notting Hill Carnival
  • Spies are watching our training sessions
  • Senegal were to blame for us not playing Cisse
  • The talk about our formation is getting in the way of players doing the basics right
  • Social media puts too much pressure on players and managers
  • Not having enough players (in the January after stating he was delighted that we'd only signed Vernon Anita and managed to keep hold of our players)
  • The crowd being negative (after he took Cabaye off when we were drawing with Reading at home)
  • The Europa League getting in the way/spoiling our league form
  • Our players being too small
  • The grass being too long for his liking
  • Arsenal bidding on Cabaye before we played Man City (we lost 4-0)
  • Having too many foreign players
  • Love tearing us apart (he said that the fans love the club so much that it hurts itself)
  • Science being against him after going out of the third round of the F.A Cup again (to Ole Gunnar Solksjaer's Cardiff City)
  • Having 46 points and therefore being too safe
  • Us being above Southampton gave them extra motivation to beat us
  • His touchline ban affecting the players - if he'd been there it apparently would have been different - hard cut to him on the touchline for the next match vs Arsenal, shouting "no more goals" to the players and us conceding 6 goals. :lol:

Edited by Kid Icarus

2 minutes ago, Geordie Ahmed said:

I did say I'm walking away but I can't help it

Why are you struggling with this bit, the issue isn't about enjoying that season, I enjoyed it too, all the players I mentioned were brilliant and in the form of their life, so many great moments but it's the praising of Pardew that people have an issue with

I agree with your point mate, all I would say is that granted his overall career was shite as a manager he waa probably better than some of other shite as in bruce mclaren carver etc. 

I do think Chris Houghton got ball rolling for him and would of been great for couple more seasons

1 minute ago, Kid Icarus said:

The Pardew revisionism is a joke like, you often see it on our Reddit page. Even if you look past the atrocious football, he was Ashley's mouthpiece, constantly attempting to run with the hare and hunt with the hounds. Acting on like he was hard done to, his hands were tied, players were sold behind his back, all things he had no problem leaning on while also paying homage to Ashley, defending Joe Kinnear, taking the job behind Chris Hughton's back, accepting an 8 year contract knowing the situation, and relentlessly and snidely bringing up that all of our players were for sale and had release clauses - basically akin to someone walking through Benwell with a megaphone going "I hope I don't get mugged!" He did it time and again with Ba, Cabaye, Ben Arfa, and Tiote. 

As I've said countless times, he's football's Lyle Lanley and time and time again people are taken in by his con-artist act with hokey revisionism because of 11-12.

Then when you get to the football, he had by far the best post-SBR squad that Newcastle have assembled imo. He had the likes of HBA, Ba, Remy, Cabaye, Tiote, Coloccini, Debuchy, Sissoko, on a silver platter and served up the worst football I've ever seen at Newcastle, breaking countless all time records for being absolutely shit in just about every way. Meanwhile, Rafa, someone it's laughable to compare his record at Newcastle with, was forced to bumble around the bargain basement and expected to make up the difference with his own talent.

You'll notice that that was a running theme with Ashley - shit manager? Better spend some money on players! Good manager? We don't need to spend any money on players then!

Noone successfully instilled the idea that Newcastle are just also-rans who can't compete, can't keep their players, and should know their place better than Pardew imo. That was the time you first started to notice it amongst fans that Ashley's rhetoric would make it to conversations with fans, imo via Pardew and his constant downplaying of what was possible. Then beyond the propaganda there were the excuses, the lies, the digs at the fans, the tributes to Ashley, and the embarrasment of him nutting Neylor, pushing a linesman, calling Pellegrini an old cunt etc. He was a complete cunt.

Just a reminder of some of the records Pardew has as Newcastle manager, in case anyone makes the mistake of putting on their rose-tinted glasses. 

Our defence

• Our goal difference under Pardew was -40, the combined goal difference under Gullit, Souness, Roeder, Allardyce, Kinnear, Shearer and Hughton was -32
  • Prior to Pardew, Newcastle had only lost 35 Premier League goals by 3 goals or more. Under Pardew alone we lost by more than 3 goals 22 times - more than any other Premier League club during his tenure
  • Our 0-6 home defeat to Liverpool was the biggest home loss by Newcastle since 1925

Our attack

• Our record when losing at half time was W:1 D:7 L:38, managing 10 points from a possible 141
  • We didn't score from a corner for 102 matches
  • In 2014 alone we had the second lowest goals tally in the top 4 leagues

Losing streaks

• We lost 4 home games in a row without scoring a single goal - the first time that this has happened in our history
  • Most amount of home defeats in 12-13 with probably the best post-SBR Newcastle squad

Derbies

• Pardew managed 5 goals in 8 matches against Sunderland, something Hughton managed in 1 match before being sacked for not being good enough
  • We conceded more goals against Sunderland with Pardew as manager of Newcastle than Keegan, Dalglish, Souness, Roeder, Allardyce, Kinnear and Hughton combined (12 vs 11)
  • He managed a holy trinity of: failing to score in a derby for the first time since 1989, failing to score in a home derby for the first time since 1983, and managing it twice in a row for the first time since 1901
  • He managed us to our first 4 consecutive derby losses in the history of the club

Agree with alot of those points. But we had few Ashley mouthpieces. No more so than Shola and Bobby Moncur.

The derbies in the Ashley era were awful. Felt like that 5-1 we had lads who understood game, sissiko etc looked like couldnt be fucked.

9 minutes ago, NUFC91 said:

I agree with your point mate, all I would say is that granted his overall career was shite as a manager he waa probably better than some of other shite as in bruce mclaren carver etc. 

I do think Chris Houghton got ball rolling for him and would of been great for couple more seasons

Looking at it purely as a manager then Pardew is ahead of Bruce, McClaren and Carver but that's hardly a ringing endorsement

But for the reasons Kid Iracus has beautifully laid out he is arguably the worst of the lot 

and FWIW I enjoyed 11-12 as well, particularly the end of it, but it didn't take long into 12-13 to work out that even if any of it had much to do with Pardew, he for some bizarre reason went out of his way to undo everything that was good about it.

That 4231 that worked so well was never once seen again in 12-13, instead with him opting to play a 442 that meant HBA was picking up the ball half way in his own half and expected to perform miracles, and Jonas Gutierrez, someone who was effective as the runner in the midfield 3 in 11-12 was then expected to play as a winger, something he was completely hopeless at aside from covering for Santon's defensive shortcomings. Tiote and Cabaye, 2 good players at the time were regualrly overrun in midfield, and Ba was having to drop in and help out, completely blunting his attacking side.

It was just a total mess and totally his own doing. 

Edited by Kid Icarus

16 minutes ago, Kid Icarus said:

Noone successfully instilled the idea that Newcastle are just also-rans who can't compete, can't keep their players, and should know their place better than Pardew imo. That was the time you first started to notice it amongst fans that Ashley's rhetoric would make it to conversations with fans, imo via Pardew and his constant downplaying of what was possible. Then beyond the propaganda there were the excuses, the lies, the digs at the fans, the tributes to Ashley, and the embarrasment of him nutting Neylor, pushing a linesman, calling Pellegrini an old cunt etc. He was a complete cunt.

Our defence

• Prior to Pardew, Newcastle had only lost 35 Premier League goals by 3 goals or more. Under Pardew alone we lost by more than 3 goals 22 times - more than any other Premier League club during his tenure

Our attack

Losing streaks

Derbies

Your magnum opus.

Forget his record here, he should be forever villified for that dance at Wembley and that picture of him standing next to a couple of oompa loompa lasses in a club whilst wearing horrific glasses.

4 hours ago, NUFC91 said:

Might get some flack on this but Pardew imo gets far too much stick given how highly Rafa is thought of. I know that it went down hill in the end but that season was arguably some of best away days i've been on including Brugge and Bordeux and that season we played liquid football.

I get he comes across a cock at times but with what he was working with 5th place was very impressive. 

[emoji38]

3 minutes ago, Nine said:

I seem to remember he had a ridiculous record for us never gaining a point back from a losing position after half time or something.

Aye:

Our record when losing at half time was W:1 D:7 L:38, managing 10 points from a possible 141

1 hour ago, Geordie Ahmed said:

You came into this thread praising Pardew and with a not so subtle dig at Rafa

And then to top it off you aren't a fan of Ben Arfa, honestly in real life I'd walk away from anyone that had the following opinions so I'm going to do that here as well

Pardew = Good

Rafa = Not Good

Ben Arfa = Not Good 

Worthy of a ban imo 

How can a person get everything so wrong :lol:

The one thing other thing I'll say is that like a lot of people, when Rafa went I was done, I watched Match of the Day and that was it, so I had no idea what Bruce was like. I know there are people who continued watching and claim that Bruce was way worse than Pardew. If that's true, then you have my deepest sympathies because Pardew was fucking awful in just about every way. 

1 hour ago, Kid Icarus said:

Our defence

Our attack

Losing streaks

Derbies

One day, we’re going to meet. I’m buying you a couple of pints.

I could write a dissertation on Pardew’s time managing NUFC, it very nearly killed football for me altogether. You’ve said it all though so I don’t need to add anything here. All I will say is that Alan Pardew threatened the long term achievement of NUFC more than any other individual in my lifetime other than the obvious Mike Ashley. If NUFC was the UK, he’s Farage (or maybe Johnson is a better analogy). An absolute fucking danger.

Edited by Dr Venkman

I think it might be time to just lock this thread so we don't get posters gaslighting everyone just because it's a bit of a giggle. There's not really much else we need to say about Pardew anyway, he eventually got found out. Shit managers always do.

5 minutes ago, Kid Icarus said:

Aye:

Our record when losing at half time was W:1 D:7 L:38, managing 10 points from a possible 141

Just read that in your above post mate, pathetic that like 

1 minute ago, TRon said:

I think it might be time to just lock this thread so we don't get posters gaslighting everyone just because it's a bit of a giggle. There's not really much else we need to say about Pardew anyway, he eventually got found out. Shit managers always do.

Gaslighting for the king of the gaslighters.

1 minute ago, Dr Venkman said:

Gaslighting for the king of the gaslighters.

His time as manager will always go down as one of the worst periods of supporting NUFC for me. When your only interest in watching games is to hope we get beat so we can be shot of him, it's about as bad as it gets. I'm not interested in hearing about results or league positions in some random season, the man was no sort of football manager, and an absolute cunt to boot. He was probably given the job based solely on those credentials.

2 minutes ago, TRon said:

His time as manager will always go down as one of the worst periods of supporting NUFC for me. When your only interest in watching games is to hope we get beat so we can be shot of him, it's about as bad as it gets. I'm not interested in hearing about results or league positions in some random season, the man was no sort of football manager, and an absolute cunt to boot. He was probably given the job based solely on those credentials.

Look at the context of his appointment. Hughton sacked when he’d done a great job and we weren’t in trouble. Already failed PL manager appointed in his place specifically to gaslight fans.

10 minutes ago, TRon said:

Wasn’t there some rumour that he owed Ashley cash from gambling, or vice versa, or something? I remember people being aghast when he was appointed. The anger then was worse than Keegan going in my memory. My biggest fear with Ashley was that it was going to eventually get to the point he didn’t even hire a football coach, just a business manager. Like some bloke from Sports Direct in to manage the team. 

23 minutes ago, Kid Icarus said:

The one thing other thing I'll say is that like a lot of people, when Rafa went I was done, I watched Match of the Day and that was it, so I had no idea what Bruce was like. I know there are people who continued watching and claim that Bruce was way worse than Pardew. If that's true, then you have my deepest sympathies because Pardew was fucking awful in just about every way. 

Worst was the Mclaren side for me. We won a few games under pardew at least lol. Thr mclaren side was same formation and 11 week in week out. Thats why when some fans moan this season i often refer back to then.