C*CK P*SS P*RDEW

themanupstairs

What's the exact origin of the "king" business? I vaguely remember a post a while back about him referring to himself this way.

From the book of someone under is employment.

Let me tell you a story. In fact, it’s called the ‘King story’ among those who were present and who believe it’s a perfect example of Pardew’s arrogance. We were staying at a hotel in the North East ahead of a game at Sunderland during Alan’s first season in charge and were about to have our Friday evening meal. The players were restricted to boiled chicken or pasta, or suchlike, whereas the rest of the West Ham party had the choice of the entire menu. I sat down with Pardew, kit manager Eddie Gillam, physiotherapist John Green and fitness coach Tony Strudwick, who now works for Manchester United and has done very well for himself. We ordered our meals and suddenly Pardew asked us all what we were having. I think Eddie said he’d gone for the chicken, while I’d chosen the steak. Pards then turned to Struds, who revealed whatever it was he’d asked for. ‘That sounds good,’ said Pards. ‘Tell you what; if yours is better than mine when it turns up, I’m having that.’ That was one of the things he’d always say: I’m having that. ‘See that bloke’s haircut? I’m having that.’ He said it all the time. Anyway, I wasn’t ‘having that’ at all. So I said, ‘Well, you’re certainly not having my dinner. You’ll get a fork in the back of your hand!’ Pardew sort of laughed, before turning back to Struds and saying, ‘Yeah, if yours is better than mine, I’m having that.’ Our meals eventually arrived and Pards looked at Tony and said, ‘Yeah, I was right, yours definitely looks much better than mine; I’m having that.’ And he went to swap the plates over. ‘You can’t do that!’ I said. ‘What do you mean?’ he asked. ‘You can’t just take somebody else’s dinner,’ I said in disbelief. And he replied, without any hint of a joke, ‘When you’re the King, you can do anything.’ Eddie, Tony, John and I just looked at each other and there was an uncomfortable silence for a moment. Struds was a nice guy but he could be a bit of a ‘yes man’ at times and so he just allowed Pardew to swap the plates. However, the rest of us were flabbergasted by it all and we ended up discussing what had happened in the bar. Alan kept a straight face when referring to himself as ‘the King’ and I just couldn’t believe the arrogance of the man. By sheer coincidence, our next away game was at Reading, Alan’s former club. Eddie and I took the team’s gear down to the Madejski Stadium before the game and one of the girls from the office came out and said, ‘Hello, how are you getting on with Alan Pardew?’ We just mumbled, ‘Yes, okay, you know…’ We were putting the kit out in the dressing room when a member of the Reading backroom staff popped his head in and asked, ‘So, how are you boys getting on with the King?’ We burst into laughter. We couldn’t believe that Alan had also used that term at Reading. ‘Yeah,’ the guy said, ‘he always used to call himself the King.’ From that moment on, that’s how the West Ham backroom team began to jokingly refer to Pards behind his back. ‘Seen the King yet today?’

What's the exact origin of the "king" business? I vaguely remember a post a while back about him referring to himself this way.

From the book of someone under is employment.

Let me tell you a story. In fact, it’s called the ‘King story’ among those who were present and who believe it’s a perfect example of Pardew’s arrogance. We were staying at a hotel in the North East ahead of a game at Sunderland during Alan’s first season in charge and were about to have our Friday evening meal. The players were restricted to boiled chicken or pasta, or suchlike, whereas the rest of the West Ham party had the choice of the entire menu. I sat down with Pardew, kit manager Eddie Gillam, physiotherapist John Green and fitness coach Tony Strudwick, who now works for Manchester United and has done very well for himself. We ordered our meals and suddenly Pardew asked us all what we were having. I think Eddie said he’d gone for the chicken, while I’d chosen the steak. Pards then turned to Struds, who revealed whatever it was he’d asked for. ‘That sounds good,’ said Pards. ‘Tell you what; if yours is better than mine when it turns up, I’m having that.’ That was one of the things he’d always say: I’m having that. ‘See that bloke’s haircut? I’m having that.’ He said it all the time. Anyway, I wasn’t ‘having that’ at all. So I said, ‘Well, you’re certainly not having my dinner. You’ll get a fork in the back of your hand!’ Pardew sort of laughed, before turning back to Struds and saying, ‘Yeah, if yours is better than mine, I’m having that.’ Our meals eventually arrived and Pards looked at Tony and said, ‘Yeah, I was right, yours definitely looks much better than mine; I’m having that.’ And he went to swap the plates over. ‘You can’t do that!’ I said. ‘What do you mean?’ he asked. ‘You can’t just take somebody else’s dinner,’ I said in disbelief. And he replied, without any hint of a joke, ‘When you’re the King, you can do anything.’ Eddie, Tony, John and I just looked at each other and there was an uncomfortable silence for a moment. Struds was a nice guy but he could be a bit of a ‘yes man’ at times and so he just allowed Pardew to swap the plates. However, the rest of us were flabbergasted by it all and we ended up discussing what had happened in the bar. Alan kept a straight face when referring to himself as ‘the King’ and I just couldn’t believe the arrogance of the man. By sheer coincidence, our next away game was at Reading, Alan’s former club. Eddie and I took the team’s gear down to the Madejski Stadium before the game and one of the girls from the office came out and said, ‘Hello, how are you getting on with Alan Pardew?’ We just mumbled, ‘Yes, okay, you know…’ We were putting the kit out in the dressing room when a member of the Reading backroom staff popped his head in and asked, ‘So, how are you boys getting on with the King?’ We burst into laughter. We couldn’t believe that Alan had also used that term at Reading. ‘Yeah,’ the guy said, ‘he always used to call himself the King.’ From that moment on, that’s how the West Ham backroom team began to jokingly refer to Pards behind his back. ‘Seen the King yet today?’

:lol: that's it, christ.

:lol: "It's good that you were here for this rough patch, because if we were winning there might not have been much for you to film at all."

Wouldn't even surprise me if he said that tbh.

:lol: I paraphrased him, but he absolutely said that shit.

:lol: "It's good that you were here for this rough patch, because if we were winning there might not have been much for you to film at all."

Wouldn't even surprise me if he said that tbh.

:lol: I paraphrased him, but he absolutely said that s***.

Not even surprised. :lol:

Did I really just see him celebrating a 1-1 draw away at Swansea with the fans like a 4-0 win away at Arsenal? :idiot2:

He even said on MOTD that it was like a win for them.

Its almost as if he's some kind of super cunt who spouts shit all of the time

Did I really just see him celebrating a 1-1 draw away at Swansea with the fans like a 4-0 win away at Arsenal? :idiot2:

He even said on MOTD that it was like a win for them.

Its almost as if he's some kind of super c*** who spouts s*** all of the time

Never...

Shame his usual slump didn't come about a few weeks earlier because they'd be right in the clarts. He'll be in and around the relegation zone next season though which will be pleasing to watch. Just hope we're still in this league so we can enjoy it more.