sunder↓and

Greg
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Guest ElCid

He's been good like. Looks a great shot stopper and decision making has been good. His distribution which I have heard most about has been bang average tonight like. Mind you it's probably cause Sunderland players barely generate a yard of space. He has f*** all in front of him. Really good keeper but the most they will get for him will be about 20million. Wouldn't surprise me if he went to somewhere like Liverpool or Everton.

He will go for 10 - 15 million no chance anyone will pay more for a keeper than that with only 30 games played. Be good seeing the mackems cry again when it happens though

He's been good like. Looks a great shot stopper and decision making has been good. His distribution which I have heard most about has been bang average tonight like. Mind you it's probably cause Sunderland players barely generate a yard of space. He has f*** all in front of him. Really good keeper but the most they will get for him will be about 20million. Wouldn't surprise me if he went to somewhere like Liverpool or Everton.

He will go for 10 - 15 million no chance anyone will pay more for a keeper than that with only 30 games played. Be good seeing the mackems cry again when it happens though

Depends on the buying club entirely. Everton for example seem ripe to take for big fees, if Koeman fancies him could see it being North of 20m

Guest ElCid

Depends on the buying club entirely. Everton for example seem ripe to take for big fees, if Koeman fancies him could see it being North of 20m

Better goalkeepers currently than him for that money though. 30 games is nothing, he's not an international either. Maybe in a year or two he will but clubs will pay for more established keepers if there going to pay big.

Not scored in 20 of 37 games and only scored 4 goals since mid february....they came in 2 games

Fucking horrific stats.....not a cat in hells chance these will be challenging the top 6 next season

Especially when the source of most of their goals will have fucked off. After Defoe with 15 their next top scorer is Anichebe with 3  :lol:

Not scored in 20 of 37 games and only scored 4 goals since mid february....they came in 2 games

f***ing horrific stats.....not a cat in hells chance these will be challenging the top 6 next season

Especially when the source of most of their goals will have f***ed off. After Defoe with 15 their next top scorer is Anichebe with 3  :lol:

Oof, ya fucker.

He's seems to have given them a new cause to hang their hats on judging by the number of "our Jordan" threads replacing the weary "our fans" ones.

I only saw the goals and it looked like he flapped for one of them but I suppose if you play in a game where the opposition has 36 shots in a match your goalkeeper is probably the one who will catch the eye.

Even if they got 30ish for him its simply not enough for the rebuild thats required take out the loans and you would hope they would let the out of contractors go that doesnt leave a big squad of players. It was certainly a long slog for us this season due to volume of games, simply relying on kids is a risky buisness. So 30million gets you 5 or 6 championship players if your lucky it doesnt restock the ranks.

Sunderland are in for a though season.  Many of their fans think they are going to walk it without sweating.

There top arguments are:

- They won the league after their 15 points relegation in 2006

- Championship is piss poor, their u23 team would do well there

- Newcastle won it and they are shit

IMO Sunderland are not totally doomed, but they need to get the shit together fast.

They need to get rid of high earners, which will be difficult for them.

They need someone to provide them with goals, Borini and Anichebe will not be enough.  They haven't scored much this season (28 goals) and more than half (15) came from Defoe who is leaving.  They will need 2 strikers which will cost them around 25m.

They will not generate much through sales and wages will be high, so the owner needs to provide extra funds for squad investment.

But all of this will be pointless if Moyes can't get the team harmony right.

Sunderland will also have a lot of competition.

Hull will finish above them in the Premier league and didn't invest heavily after being promoted last year so they should be lean financially and much better equipped to invest for promotion run.  Hull also have less of a cleanup job to do.

Middlesboro is almost the same as Hull and are good candidate for promotion push.

I expect Villa also to be in playoffs/promotion contention. 

Leeds will get stronger if they keep Monk and invest a bit.  Leeds have a strong income for a Championship club.

Fulham, Reading and Sheffield Wednesday (one will be promoted) will be in top 6.  But I'm not expecting Huddersfield to push so high again, seem to have lost their form in the end of this season.

I have no faith in Derby, they have a strong squad but always managed to fuck it up.  But they might make the playoffs.

There is much work to do for Moyes.  Get the team mentality right, get the owner to commit money. After that he still has 46 games to get through.

Lee 'Catts' Cattermole will be the best player in the league and will finally get the 40 England caps he's had stolen from him by the London based media and officials.

:lol: mint how Look North's entire fucking sports report was Mackem Dawn and the ugly bloke off the commentary gushing about the crowd and the atmosphere at the stadium etc, desperate to find a positive for the mackems.

0-5 :lol: :lol: