sunder↓and

Greg
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

One thing I have noticed, when we lost at Arsenal, Wenger said in his interview he didn't understand how a team with our ability was down there, Klopp said similar a couple of weeks ago in his press conference....I don't seem to remember seeing similar quotes about this lot.

Probably because these are the proverbial turd that wont flush... and have been down there since they came up last.

Hopefully this time, the flush will take them away.

Odds aren't made from some genius deciding what's likely. It's the result of a betting trend. Just loads of confident mackems, basically.

That's true when betting trends are probably down to insider info (eg transfers, new managers) but not in the case of matches.  Those odds are determined by who the bookie thinks is going to win.

Never seen them as low as 7/4 to beat Chelsea mind. For some reason that's making me more nervous.

Chelsea's last eight away were W6 D1 L1. I guess our fans will want to stay away because the risk of cursing it, but the odds for anyone betting on a Chelsea win will be relatively tasty.

Odds aren't made from some genius deciding what's likely. It's the result of a betting trend. Just loads of confident mackems, basically.

That's true when betting trends are probably down to insider info (eg transfers, new managers) but not in the case of matches.  Those odds are determined by who the bookie thinks is going to win.

But that's just the starting odds, isn't it? Then trends change the odds so the bookies have less chance of losing out.

Correct. They're initially set by an algorithm then a different one adjusts to the trend to minimise loss. Will probably be some sort of complex least squares regression model.

Bought a proven goal scorer and he saved them, who knew that would work? Big Sam is a horrible cunt and the fans are rancid as well but as far as the football goes they deserve to be in this league more than our shower of shite. Least we've a full set of league fixtures to try and win next season though rather than starting out 2 down as usual.

Fair play to them after being Chelsea at home after being 2-1 down.

We had a solid attempt in recent weeks but the damage has already long been done. Some of our players are shocking and we're positionally imbalanced all over the pitch. I'm not as gutted as I thought I would of been and after watching that it's pretty clear we deserve it.

Every fucking season, man. My only crumb of comfort is that they'll have to watch Allardyce football for the next few years. I wonder how long it'll take them to get ideas above their station and hound him out.

They have survived yet again to be in another relegation battle next year. Pointless c***s.

No way. Cushty mid table next year.

They have scraped survival for about 5 seasons now.

Once again, the unflushable turd pulls out an unlikely result at the right time.

They've pulled out as decent results as us lately. They also have a game in hand. I thought the 2-1 down and pressure would make them crumble, but watching Cattermole and Colback says a lot while they're staying up. Both are horrendous footballers, but one drives his team forward with passion and wins every challenge at every cost, while the other is a coward who does nothing.

Credit where credit is due. And their place was jumping today :anguish:

Have to agree with the latter too. Haven't heard SJP that passionate (with good reason) for too long. There was never enough true belief and confidence at our club that we would survive from the fans obviously down to the players.

Only shining light is the fact Ashley pockets won't be lined with the tv money. Downside to that is he will just make us pay for it by being even more of a skin flint.