Newcastle United vs Crystal Palace - Saturday 30th April 2016 @ 15:00 (No TV)

nemtizz

Feel foolishly optimistic about a NUFC victory for some reason.

The circumstances of the game are such that we play right into their hands - they need a point, we need a win. They will defend for 60 minutes then hope for a bit of magic to nick it.

Benitez needs to make sure the players are switched on and have attacking urgency and purpose, without being reckless and porous when off the ball, from minute 1.

For any other club, this would be a banker home win....

This is Newcastle United though...wherever there is bad luck we'll be there. Wherever there is ineptitude we'll be there, wherever there are stupid mistakes we'll be there, wherever there's a suspect referee we'll be on the end of his decisions, whenever a team on a bad run shows up we'll be there to help them out, whenever we win other results go against us....and the list goes on.

Any I've missed other than the obvious like science, spies, Notting Hill, Europa?

Souness was undoubtedly worse in footballing terms, in a time where he pulled apart a great team, however Pardew is responsible for the disemination of mediocrity and destruction of expectations. He destroyed the spirit of the club, it's hardened supporters and dismantled the pride throughout the club. Psychologically what he has done has ruined a generation of supporters and created an ethos of "that'll do" throughout the club, now I'm not saying he is solely responsible but he was the chief facilitator and will be reviled for his part in the ruination of a once proud club. That for me is much, much worse.

:clap:

I have been just trying to write the exact same message but yours is much more eloquent that my effort.

This. Souness was a terrible manager, but no one destroys clubs from the inside out like Pardew, and the pattern has repeated at every club he's been at. I hated Souness and I hated Allardyce even more, but none of them compare to Pardew when it comes to being a lying self congratulating cunt.

Confident of win. I shouldn't be at all but just can't imagine Palace give a f*** about this game.

Agreed, which is why in an ideal world I'd like to hold the barrage of pardew chants until we are 2 up and comfortable, rather than give them a reason to get riled up.

Souness was undoubtedly worse in footballing terms, in a time where he pulled apart a great team, however Pardew is responsible for the disemination of mediocrity and destruction of expectations. He destroyed the spirit of the club, it's hardened supporters and dismantled the pride throughout the club. Psychologically what he has done has ruined a generation of supporters and created an ethos of "that'll do" throughout the club, now I'm not saying he is solely responsible but he was the chief facilitator and will be reviled for his part in the ruination of a once proud club. That for me is much, much worse.

Great post mate!

I'm both nervous and bouncing off the walls for this one. I worry that Pardew will be desperate to beat us, but then remember that that means absolute nothing because he's shite. Their wingers against Anita and Dummett could be a worry, whilst if they sit back I'm not sure how we'll break them down.

But we have to beat that bellend - Cabaye too. The narrative is there for them to virtually relegate us, let's just trust Rafa.

Minutes applause for hillsbrough before kick off. Just me that thinks this is getting over done and dragged out to death. It was a awful tradegy but over 25 years ago surely it's time to let it lie rather than dragging it up every week.

you're not alone.

Minutes applause for hillsbrough before kick off. Just me that thinks this is getting over done and dragged out to death. It was a awful tradegy but over 25 years ago surely it's time to let it lie rather than dragging it up every week.

you're not alone.

Get it booed then :thup: