Newcastle United transfer rumours in the press

Kaizero
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

The Atsu announcement is being held for after we sell Sissoko. Despite many fans being f***ed off by his attitude, he's quite clearly one of our best players remaining after relegation so they want to appear that we're not just a selling club.

Which we are and have been since Ashley came in.

Absolutely, but they've always tried to cover it up. This time it might even be Rafa's idea.

Would like to hear off Rafa why he has changed his mind about not letting the cunt go if it was too late in the transfer window when he stressed it wouldn't happen. Pleased he has gone but money should have been used to bring in a quality winger and not a loan deal from Chelsea who was pushed pretty quickly from Everton and Bournemouth.

Can't remember which Journo but one of them tweeted yesterday Ashley will decide on Sissoko.

The Atsu announcement is being held for after we sell Sissoko. Despite many fans being f***ed off by his attitude, he's quite clearly one of our best players remaining after relegation so they want to appear that we're not just a selling club.

Absolutely, but they've always tried to cover it up. This time it might even be Rafa's idea.

Would like to hear off Rafa why he has changed his mind about not letting the cunt go if it was too late in the transfer window when he stressed it wouldn't happen. Pleased he has gone but money should have been used to bring in a quality winger and not a loan deal from Chelsea who was pushed pretty quickly from Everton and Bournemouth.

They were playing a game man. They were hardly going to encourage late offers. Nor were they going to knock back late bids of 30m.

Would like to hear off Rafa why he has changed his mind about not letting the c*** go if it was too late in the transfer window when he stressed it wouldn't happen. Pleased he has gone but money should have been used to bring in a quality winger and not a loan deal from Chelsea who was pushed pretty quickly from Everton and Bournemouth.

They were playing a game man. They were hardly going to encourage late offers. Nor were they going to knock back late bids of 30m.

Just sick of years of shit coming out of the club and I thought that had changed under Rafa - obviously not.

Would like to hear off Rafa why he has changed his mind about not letting the c*** go if it was too late in the transfer window when he stressed it wouldn't happen. Pleased he has gone but money should have been used to bring in a quality winger and not a loan deal from Chelsea who was pushed pretty quickly from Everton and Bournemouth.

Just sick of years of shit coming out of the club and I thought that had changed under Rafa - obviously not.

We live in a PR world unfortunately mate.

I must have missed this one. I really can't see what they have done wrong this time? They have the best squad in the league and we are 40m in the black.

Bit of a gormless comment for a professional sports writer. The 12 signings have been brought in to do a specific job, but we'll have to start again if we get promoted, so it's hardly great business to be making profit by selling premier league assets.

Which premiership assets have we sold again? I must have missed that.

How else would you describe Sissoko, Townsend and Wijnaldum? They are all in the premier now, assuming the Sissoko deal goes through, and we got the best part of £70m for them. Do you have a different definition of assets?

Assets that got us relegated.

I think some of the other players and the manager might have had something to do with it as well. I don't see any rush to take McClaren or Colback back to the premier.

Surely it's better to go with what we've got, which is surely more than enough to get us up...than spend say, £20m on Knockaert who didn't make the step up to the Premier League last time, then have to spend similar again (or more) to replace him next year?

I'm happy with the money there for next summer tbh.

How much did we get in parachute payments?

Don't think you get anything the first year do you? We got our PL money.

Yep, parachute will be end of this season.

Have it in my head that if you go straight back up you don't get anything anyway, might be wrong though.

How much did we get in parachute payments?

Don't think you get anything the first year do you? We got our PL money.

Yep, parachute will be end of this season.

Have it in my head that if you go straight back up you don't get anything anyway, might be wrong though.

Pretty sure that's not true. Think we get a percentage of the PL rev share (something like 55%) in year one. If we go straight back up we're back on the PL gravy train. If we don't we have up to two more years of decreasing parachute payments. After that it's game over.

Just sick of years of s*** coming out of the club and I thought that had changed under Rafa - obviously not.

I must have missed this one. I really can't see what they have done wrong this time? They have the best squad in the league and we are 40m in the black.

Time will tell but imho don't say something is not going to happen and then do it and know doubt Rafa will explain why - as said not unhappy at all about Sissoko but certainly not impressed with the lad from Chelsea at all. I think on the left hand side we are pretty weak.

Just sick of years of s*** coming out of the club and I thought that had changed under Rafa - obviously not.

Agreed. Don't know what Rafa has said exactly, but can understand he wasn't saying we want rid. He played it as if sissoko was still an important player, which has helped with the end fee. And for me, we have gotten £30m for a player who was fairly ineffective and disinterested last season, and who hadn't played at all this season, so not like we were missing him. Unlike when we sold Carroll who was a first team regular and we really should have replaced / not sold as late.

I just cant see how the club and/or Rafa are wrong for doing this deal, even if we don't spend any of the Sissoko money till at least January.

I'm happy enough with our transfer dealings this summer, and feel that a lot of deadwood/playesr who didn't want to be here are gone, and we have problem areas having been addressed - obviously some still need to see how good they are, but under Rafa I'm confident they will be ok.

Sissoko had his chance under Rafa last season, and even got the armband, yet his performances only improved marginally.

People really just want something to complain about if they've got a problem with this deal like.

I'm entitled to my opinion if you don't like it then tough

People really just want something to complain about if they've got a problem with this deal like.

I haven't seen too many complaining tbf. I'm one of those who believes that Sissoko was one of our best players, but I'm more than happy if we get £30m for him.

I'm entitled to mine.  Not stopping you, but I don't agree.

I haven't seen too many complaining tbf. I'm one of those who believes that Sissoko was one of our best players, but I'm more than happy if we get £30m for him.

Not too many, their are people complaining that this now puts us in profit, we're a selling club ect ect.  Its a good deal for a player who didn't even want to be here if we stayed up and I wouldn't trust as far as I could throw him if/when we go back up.  Don't see a single issue with it, as long as Rafa is allowed to do what he sees fit I'm happy and confident of the direction we're headed in.

I'm entitled to mine :shrug:  Not stopping you, but I don't agree.

Thing is I never said I had a problem with the deal either as my previous posts on Sissoko will tell you - do have a problem with the replacement and the left side in general which i think is very weak and was just disappointed of years of shit statements another was made but Rafa will no doubt explain why.

According to the BBC we've spent 59m and you've spent 57m this window. Next down the list is Norwich with 11 or so.

What I don't get is the sort of sniffy reaction this spending has got. Are we supposed to just accept our new status and stay where we are, or aren't we allowed to do whatever it takes to get back?

idle curiosity how much have Villa gotten back in?

A quick google search makes it look like they have a net spend of about £33m.  Spent around £49m and got back about £16m, according to Transfermarkt. 

Surely it's better to go with what we've got, which is surely more than enough to get us up...than spend say, £20m on Knockaert who didn't make the step up to the Premier League last time, then have to spend similar again (or more) to replace him next year?

I'm happy with the money there for next summer tbh.

this occurred to me last night thinking how 'happy' i was with the fee for sissoko - that if we get promoted and want to push on when we get back up we're either going to have to sign gems for good money, develop a load of bairns to come through pretty quick, or end up spending similar sums ourselves to what everton were looking to splash and that spurs have splashed

that'll be a massive test under ashley like, massive

there's always the possibility that rafa will build a team that's more than the sum of its parts i guess but on coming back up at the very minimum you'd expect we'll need to splash slimani type cash on a proven striker