Wor Flags: visit worflags.org.uk/donate to support future displays

wor jackie

3 minutes ago, Yorkie said:

I got in a bit too late at the weekend but when I was up for Watford I couldn't believe the volume. :lol: That Enemy song was absolutely ear-splitting from the Gallowgate-Milburn corner, could barely talk to me dad. 

Also I think they've got Local Hero timed really awkwardly, it's finishing way later than it should be doing I think. 

Just nitpicks like.

Doesn't stop the fucker getting his "Enjoy the game" in.

3 minutes ago, WarrenBartonCentrePartin said:

:lol: The fucking clip of him. What the fuck are those shorts?

Haha fucking hell ad actually think he was canny funny if he was on the wind up but no way is he. Tragic

2 hours ago, WarrenBartonCentrePartin said:

Carmina Burana is also shite, had its time and needs to go. Still think Morricone’s Ecstasy of Gold is a far better choice if you want something orchestral that builds up.

I was personally hoping for Dope - Die Mf Die

3 hours ago, WarrenBartonCentrePartin said:

Carmina Burana is also shite, had its time and needs to go. Still think Morricone’s Ecstasy of Gold is a far better choice if you want something orchestral that builds up.

Personally think we need to go a bit more Ibiza, a bit more mental.

I hate Hey Jude over the PA system like. I didn't go from Liverpool at home (May 19) until Spurs this season in October - has it been there for the duration or just a recent thing?

Understand it's intention, but just think it's canny tacky like.

Agree with a 5 minute period with no music to let atmosphere grow organically, especially on bigger games.

4 hours ago, WarrenBartonCentrePartin said:

Too quiet, although the Metallica version would be sick.

Also, the echo around SJP when the vocals kick in would be horrendous. Need a much better PA system for something like that.

Edited by Dr.Spaceman

4 hours ago, WarrenBartonCentrePartin said:

Absolute love it - best use of it I’ve seen is Metallica at Red Square in 1991:

15 minutes ago, Shadow Puppets said:

The biggest issue I have with the pre and post match music is the volume. It's dangerously loud. I work in music... it actually hurts my ears... god knows what it's doing to kids.

So this is a thing then. Thought as much when I was at the Watford game. It's ridiculous. 

25 minutes ago, Nucasol said:

Absolute love it - best use of it I’ve seen is Metallica at Red Square in 1991:

😍😍 awesome intro that would be, camera zooming in and moving rapidly back and forth between the players eyes! 👀 

Brings back fond memories of Castle Donnington 1985 🎸🎧🤘🏼

I was at the ground on Wednesday for the first time in probably a decade, and I'd like to take the reverse stance on Hey Jude and the PA system generally.

I thought it really added to the atmosphere in a way that simply wouldn't have happened organically. The alternative to Hey Jude belting out at full time and 3/4 of the ground staying back to sing along and wave flags isn't some great wall of spontaneous human noise and chanting that people seem to think would replace it, it's everyone just filing out slowly and silently.

Maybe it could be turned down a notch or 2, I dunno, but the volume didn't bother me at all either. Personally I thought it was great and I thoroughly enjoyed it.

2 hours ago, Chicken Dancer said:

I hate Hey Jude over the PA system like. I didn't go from Liverpool at home (May 19) until Spurs this season in October - has it been there for the duration or just a recent thing?

Understand it's intention, but just think it's canny tacky like.

Agree with a 5 minute period with no music to let atmosphere grow organically, especially on bigger games.

Hey Jude is so shite. Makes the pace feel like a Saturday night in Sgt Peppers.

Edited by Papavasiliou