Isaac Hayden: on loan at QPR

4 minutes ago, relámpago blanco said:

Chris Waugh obviously doesn't understand ffp because it doesn't matter if its now or in 12 months if money is coming in. 

Was thinking that myself like.

2 minutes ago, Super Duper Branko Strupar said:

Think that's a good acquisition for Norwich personally. Cant knock his commitment here at all. Good luck to him, hope he gets back up at first time of asking. 

If they sign Gayle, fede and Murphy of us they would

Really happy for the lad, he’ll be a big asset for them if he stays fit and if they get promoted he’ll likely stay with them. He would have deserved a move to a PL club but being out with injury for so long scuppered those chances 

5 minutes ago, Super Duper Branko Strupar said:

Think that's a good acquisition for Norwich personally. Cant knock his commitment here at all. Good luck to him, hope he gets back up at first time of asking

I do to, but purely because it means he's gone for good then. :lol:

15 minutes ago, relámpago blanco said:

Chris Waugh obviously doesn't understand ffp because it doesn't matter if its now or in 12 months if money is coming in. 

Where does he mention it's about ffp? Maybe we just need the money in the bank this summer.

1 minute ago, Jack27 said:

Where does he mention it's about ffp? Maybe we just need the money in the bank this summer.

I highly doubt that we need the money in our account. Saudis could put 100 Billion in our account and as long as we didn't spend it, it wouldn't matter. 

Best of luck to him. No hard feelings but thankfully the club are finally set to outgrow these players that we should've been moving on from three or four years ago.

Seems the perfect player to yoyo between Champo and PL with a club like Norwich tbh.

Great move for both parties. Think he could have happily stayed in the Premiership but he will be a big part of their promotion push next year. 

Great servant for us and wish him all the best. 

Edited by toontownman

Good luck to him. He’s played a huge part for in getting us to where we are but was one of the major casualties when Rafa left. I don’t think Bruce moving him positions three times per game helped but before his injury he contributed to a lot of the goals we were conceding and it was clear he needed to be moved on. 

He was colossal for us in the Rafa season back in the PL and looked like he could progress into a better player.

I think he’ll do well at Norwich. 

As many have said, its a good move for all parties.

He was decent for us and good enough to hold his own in the lower half of the PL -that were moving being 'decent' and good enough for a lower half squad being not being good enough here again is most satisfying

Edited by Wolfcastle

Unconditional on Norwich's ability as a team, <50% get promoted in their first year. I think we're looking at a non-trivial possibility of him returning next season at a reduced value with the limited champ exposure. Given he seemed one of the most saleable assets that we wanted to bin, feels slightly disappointing (without knowing full details). 

1 minute ago, Jagten said:

Unconditional on Norwich's ability as a team, <50% get promoted in their first year. I think we're looking at a non-trivial possibility of him returning next season at a reduced value with the limited champ exposure. Given he seemed one of the most saleable assets that we wanted to bin, feels slightly disappointing (without knowing full details). 

He's never playing for us again and we really aren't hard up enough that the 5m or so we would have got will make a difference. We needed him and a few others out the door, so this is positive.

1 hour ago, relámpago blanco said:

It does to an extent because it pushes the money into a different year, so we don't gain anything (aside from the reduction in wages) this year. 

Our spending is capped in three-year cycles so this money doesn't count towards our current  20/21-22/23 cycle, it'll only come into play during the next one, 21/22 - 23/24.