Barnsley - 12

Forest - 11

Burton - 10

and then go on to discount the following who all have the same as us:

Huddersfield

QPR

Brighton

Wigan

I think you will find that we are infact top league goalscorers. Check your facts  :aww:

:lol: Fair enough

I like the goals against column. It's been a long time since we conceded so few, ok it's the Championship but still. It's nice to see so few flying in.

Top goalscoring team in the division currently. :aww:

Barnsley have 12....

:blush:

Forest 11  :lol:

ok, fine. So if you discount:

Barnsley - 12

Forest - 11

Burton - 10

Huddersfield

QPR

Brighton

Wigan

I think you will find that we are infact top league goalscorers. Check your facts  :aww:

I like the goals against column. It's been a long time since we conceded so few, ok it's the Championship but still. It's nice to see so few flying in.

Aye, it feels weird to not have a feeling of shame when looking at the goal difference.

To be honest I thought we had +12 goals, I read Barnsley's as ours by accident :lol:

Top goalscoring team in the division currently. :aww:

Barnsley have 12....

:blush:

Forest 11  :lol:

ok, fine. So if you discount:

Barnsley - 12

Forest - 11

Burton - 10

Huddersfield

QPR

Brighton

Wigan

Aye, it feels weird to not have a feeling of shame when looking at the goal difference.

To be honest I thought we had +12 goals, I read Barnsley's as ours by accident :lol:

Matters not, we've just took our time to get going. Actually thought it should have been 3 or 4 tonight.

If we can start finding the net regularly in away games, it'll take away the away day worries we've had for years now.

They were unbeaten in the league (obvs not playoffs) since Feb, apparently :thup:

They were also the division's joint top scorers in 15/16 too.

Narrow flukey wins though.

If you'd seen the games instead of relying on Google you know you're misinformed. Yeah they scored goals. They also conceded far more than the teams around them, finished third and got dicked by Sheffield Wednesday in the playoffs.

Drop it, anyway. I don't want to talk about Brighton & Hove Albion. Awful club who won't get promoted.

You respect their manager though, don't you Ron?

Yeah, I like Chris. I do hope he does well, just at another club.

Why do you dislike Brighton Ron, always seemed a harmelss club to me.

FA Cup games with them plus what I've seen of them in the Championship in the last couple of years. Just an absolutely odious, cheating playing staff and I don't like their fans much either.

Missed game as on a family holiday but followed match thread and just watched highlights. Based on highlights we looked good, really pleased with Shelvey! Beckham would have been happy with that free kick back in the day.

Guest firetotheworks

They were unbeaten in the league (obvs not playoffs) since Feb, apparently :thup:

If you'd seen the games instead of relying on Google you know you're misinformed. Yeah they scored goals. They also conceded far more than the teams around them, finished third and got dicked by Sheffield Wednesday in the playoffs.

Drop it, anyway. I don't want to talk about Brighton & Hove Albion. Awful club who won't get promoted.

FA Cup games with them plus what I've seen of them in the Championship in the last couple of years. Just an absolutely odious, cheating playing staff and I don't like their fans much either.

Brighton's lush ye nah, have you been?

I see, i tend to blame Pardew for the FA Cup shite. Tonight i can see what you mean about the cheating, they were diving about far too much. Must admit i didn't notice it as much watching them last season.  I think this is where my liking of Hughton comes in, i really did like him when he was here. Kind of gave us back some dignity getting us up, and then treated like dirt to install a snake of a manager. Watching him manage a team made me like them a bit, it was the same with Birmingham and Norwich.

Seeing Brighton as opponents now even with him as manager you take much more notice of the negatives, still don't dislike them if i'm honest.

Brighton's lush ye nah, have you been?

Yeah, it's a nice place, no question.

Watching the replay back I don't think Sels played on that tackle too much, did he roll around afterwards? He had to go to ground, if he tried to land on that leg the way it was it could have been shades of Alan Smith.

Watching the replay back I don't think Sels played on that tackle too much, did he roll around afterwards? He had to go to ground, if he tried to land on that leg the way it was it could have been shades of Alan Smith.

He did what absolutely every goalkeeper would have done. If it hadn't been the lad's second yellow nobody would even have mentioned it.

Guest firetotheworks

Good win, was enjoying it until Backeye colback came on, did his best to fuck it up, he should be covered in dogshit then hockled on.

[emoji38] Post of the day.

That was not Newcastle United. That has got to be the most professional performance I have seen from us in years, and I would say the best performance from us in years as well, and by that I don't just mean 4-5 years, I mean since SBR.

Our passing game was excellent, often there were time when it looked like a pass had been short but I believe this was done deliberately so our receiving player had to come for it and dragged 1 of their players with him and created space to free a man. We didn't create massive amounts of chances but we controlled the tempo, their movement etc, every time they made a pass it would go where we wanted it too.

At 2-0 we did a lot of passing, this streched them a little and let us retain the ball, without it they were unable to go down under every challenge and get the free kicks that the referee was handing out to them. This meant that Brighton had no way back into the game. A lot of our players passed and moved and created space for themselves as well as passes that changed direction of play. If we work on it a little more then even more creative passes and movements will start to happen.

I was very impressed today and I'm looking forward to getting to see the highlights and stats.