Other clubs' transfers

Greg

We wouldn't pay the £48m asking price in 2017 when Jose wanted him. I can remember thinking it was expensive at the time but he wouldn't have done so much better than all our other failed wingers.

Perisic this is.

Edited by Froggy

Think if Sadio does leave, they should go for Bowen. He’s still (imo) slightly underrated and with a good few seasons at Liverpool he could become a bona fide star.

Harrison is another unheralded player that I think would excel for them.

Edited by McCormick

3 minutes ago, McCormick said:

Think if Sadio does leave, they should go for Bowen. He’s still (imo) slightly underrated and with a good few seasons at Liverpool he could become a bona fide star.

Harrison is another unheralded player that I think would excel for them.

I reckon they will go for Danjuma

Be interesting if Liverpool look to replace Mane this summer, or wait a year. By all accounts, Carvalho will be around the first-team next year and Salah has already said he’s got no intention of leaving as well.

Edited by TheInfiniteOdyssey

6 minutes ago, Ronson333 said:

Salah gets the headlines, but Mane makes them tick

Did fuck all yesterday. Despite having an outstanding season, Liverpool overall just seem a bit jaded on all fronts. They don’t have the resources to take on City at a squad level and it showed at end of season, they were spent despite still being an excellent side. Real didn’t have to be anything special to beat them, just calmer and more efficient.

Some of these need to leave, as much for the club as for themselves. The current “top coaches” have yet to really show they can maintain success long term.

I keep thinking of how bloody good Ferguson was at freshening things up, despite the almost ultra consistent line-ups over his time there.

1 minute ago, Ben said:

The good thing about Forest going up is that we should get rid of a few of our cast offs to them 

Thought of Lascalles sentimental return as soon as the final whistle went.

So Villa sign Coutinho for undisclosed but reported as £17m. Barcelona announce it at €80m. They paid €140 for him. Yet it will only show on their books as a €4m accounting loss. Football eh ? 

2 hours ago, LFEE said:

So Villa sign Coutinho for undisclosed but reported as £17m. Barcelona announce it at €80m. They paid €140 for him. Yet it will only show on their books as a €4m accounting loss. Football eh ? 

The original buy option when he first came was meant to be 30m euros.

Crooked fucks.

14 hours ago, Ben said:

The good thing about Forest going up is that we should get rid of a few of our cast offs to them 

I am hoping they waste a chunk of money on Keinan Davis.

3 hours ago, LFEE said:

Could you explain this a bit further? 

Do you mean that clubs lie about transfer fee's in order to get around FFP?

As I type this I remember some talk about Joelinton after he signed that there was no way we actually payed 40m for him.  

7 minutes ago, Joey47 said:

As I type this I remember some talk about Joelinton after he signed that there was no way we actually payed 40m for him.  

One of the reasons Barcelona wanted to get rid of Coutinho in a hurry was they were paying him a huge amount of money and they wanted to book the transfer fee before (I think) June, when their annual accounts closed.

Given that they are crooked fuckers when it comes to money, the more they book the Coutinho sale for, the smaller the gap between incomings and outgoings, and the more compliant they are 

Edited by brummie

3 minutes ago, Joey47 said:

Wouldn't surprise me in the slightest if Ashley would want to bloat the transfer fee in order to have less wriggle room with FFP compared to every other club being creative with it the other way around to be able to spend as much as possible :lol:

2 minutes ago, brummie said:

One of the reasons Barcelona wanted to get rid of Coutinho in a hurry was they were paying him a huge amount of money and they wanted to book the transfer fee before (I think) June, when their annual accounts closed.

Given that they are crooked fuckers when it comes to money, the more they book the Coutinho sale for, the smaller the gap between incomings and outgoings.

How can they get away with that so easily though? I know most people realise how much of a joke FFP is but Barcelona being allowed to get away with blatantly lying about player sales is absolutely absurd right?

1 minute ago, Conjo said:

Wouldn't surprise me in the slightest if Ashley would want to bloat the transfer fee in order to have less wriggle room with FFP compared to every other club being creative with it the other way around to be able to spend as much as possible :lol:

"40m on a brazilian striker for Brucey, that'll get those annoying fuckers off my back" 

2 minutes ago, Joey47 said:

How can they get away with that so easily though? I know most people realise how much of a joke FFP is but Barcelona being allowed to get away with blatantly lying about player sales is absolutely absurd right?

"40m on a brazilian striker for Brucey, that'll get those annoying fuckers off my back" 

It's nonsense.

It's like Man City selling the naming rights to their stadium and shirt sponsor for £70m a year  Absolute joke.