Other clubs' transfers

Greg

Guest HTT II

Sterling gets goals, but he’s not a clinical finisher, if he was you’re looking at Mess/Ronaldo numbers, that’s what prevents him - for me - being genuinely world class. He’s a very very good player though and needless to say, I’d love him here at the Toon. A bargain at 35m!

Guest HTT II
1 hour ago, Froggy said:

I can barely contain my excitement for next season. A stellar transfer window so far.

Apart from the Barca Dutch lad who have yous been linked with and how many do you think you’ll sign and how much money is available?

No City fan doubts Sterling’s raw physical attributes: incredible pace and acceleration which create scoring opportunities. However, he is not a thinking footballer. He is reactive rather than proactive and panics whenever he has time to think meaning he almost always makes the wrong choice. Selling him now makes sense as once those raw attributes go he’ll be done as a footballer.

From the BBC.

1 minute ago, James said:

I’d put Man Utd as an outside bet for relegation presently 

I’d settle for finishing above them. Not as much of a stretch as it sounds. They only accumulated 57 points last season, must be worst haul in a lonnnggg time. We, under Howe (only including the 25 games from December to give a chance of some influence on results) averaged 1.68pts per game. That return would have given 64 points (enough for 5th place, last year) over a whole season. 

2 hours ago, HTT II said:

Apart from the Barca Dutch lad who have yous been linked with and how many do you think you’ll sign and how much money is available?

Apparently £200m available and we were to sign up to 6 players. :lol: De Jong will happen by the looks of things. 

Oh man ... well I think Nottingham Forest are going to be my second team next season. They look to be about to wrap up a deal for one of my favourite players on the Super Eagles, Taiwo Awoniyi from Union Berlin, for just £17.5 million. Think this is potentially a really great signing for them. He's a top guy and a really emerging player. In my opinion there is some Yakubu/Yekini potential with him.

Forest are also looking to wrap up deals for Moussa Diakhite and Dean Henderson. These are really decent singings for them. Their recruitment team seems to be really sharp.

4 minutes ago, Kid Icarus said:

I was alright with not getting Raphina if he was going to Barcelona or even Spurs, but Arsenal getting him is a strange one when they have Saka and Martinelli. We should be all over that™

Our fans would be fewmin that we weren't his preferred choice though. Unless they're willing to perform Seppuku in the centre circle at Eddie Howe's request, we shouldn't be interested.

12 minutes ago, Tiresias said:

You can bet that they would be lobbying to be excluded from relegation due to 'historic importance to the premier league brand' and that some media types would back them up

"This is about more than football, it's about your local community. There are people who've spent their whole lives going to this stadium, seeing the class of 92 and to have that taken away from them, it's just unfair. They don't deserve that and that's why I think someone has to step in and be the voice of reason here. For next season, make the Premier League a 22-team league, you get more games and you make sure these loyal fans don't lose out. It's a no brainer."

1 minute ago, The Prophet said:

Our fans would be fewmin that we weren't his preferred choice though. Unless they're willing to perform Seppuku in the centre circle at Eddie Howe's request, we shouldn't be interested.

Going to hate our (vocal) fanbase by the end of this season. 

8 minutes ago, Kid Icarus said:

I was alright with not getting Raphina if he was going to Barcelona or even Spurs, but Arsenal getting him is a strange one when they have Saka and Martinelli. We should be all over that™

The Edu connection has worked well for them on that one I think. I imagine he's got an inside track with the Brazilians.

22 minutes ago, Kid Icarus said:

Yep.