Other clubs' transfers

Greg

11 minutes ago, toon25 said:

There's no plan whatsoever for buying players there either.

Another shit club that seemingly has a magic money tree

You always get so wound up over other clubs buying players man :lol:

2 minutes ago, KaKa said:

For fucks sake man it’s a web forum for posting whatever bollocks comes to mind. Why are you so averse to people making posts?! It is of no consequence to you.

Go overthrow a government or something, you clearly don’t like it here. 

The Trossard thing just feels like he’s looked for the earliest excuse to ‘fall out’ with the club and chuck a tranfer request in after a good WC showing, he knows there will be takers now.

Edited by Nine

Trossard had a "extend contract by 1 year" clause by the club that was recenly activated.

In his position - that has zero upside. He can't go easily to a bigger club for more money in the summer. Brighton aren't even paying him more money per week. It was stupid for him and his agent to have signed it... I think it only had a 1-way clause that the club could activate it - he couldn't activate it if he went to shit.

So they're going nuclear. Which I understand. But it's ugly.

I can see them reaching a written compromise. Promise he's sold in the summer at X figure for example. But going full nuclear also makes sense - wants to join Eddie's revolution. Get him on the bench - keep Miggy, Joe & ASM motivated. That's suddenly a nice 4 wide options.

Edited by The College Dropout

1 minute ago, TheInfiniteOdyssey said:

Trossard immediately improves the squad, he’s versatile and we’d get him on a good deal now all parties have burned their bridges.

Absolute no-brainer for us, if we’re still interested.

I still reckon they want £30m.

At that price point.... I want Maddi boy or...... ZAHA.

Trossard seems the best tactical fit mind.

35 minutes ago, toontownman said:

Seems like Mykhaylo Mudryk will be at Arsenal soon. Romano saying they are close to the terms.

Who does he replace in their starting line up? Both Martinelli and Saka seem to have the wing spots cemented

Just now, joeyt said:

Who does he replace in their starting line up? Both Martinelli and Saka seem to have the wing spots cemented

A thing called depth.

Long-term he takes Martinelli's spot - i think is the idea. In the short-term, it takes responsibility off Martinelli and Saka.

When they wanted a goal against us - they had nothing trusted on the bench.

Arsenal are serious about being serious.

48 minutes ago, KaKa said:

44 minutes ago, SEMTEX said:

For fucks sake man it’s a web forum for posting whatever bollocks comes to mind. Why are you so averse to people making posts?! It is of no consequence to you.

100%

Wind it in Kack

45 minutes ago, SEMTEX said:

Why do you think I have a problem with his post? I just found it funny. Besides, why don't I get to post whatever bollocks comes to my mind?

7 minutes ago, joeyt said:

Too many purples! 

Arsenal don't have the squad depth yet, they are fucked if Saka or Martinelli gets injured when Smith-Rowe has been injured a lot. 

7 minutes ago, joeyt said:

Martinelli is pretty class though and only 21. Interested to see how they plan to keep all 3 happy

Think it gives them a bit more flexibility as Martinelli can also play upfront I believe. He's also typically been quite injury prone so think it makes sense on the whole.

Man City never have too much of a problem having multiple high class players (and grealish) for every position lol. They are competing on almost all fronts, there will be plenty of chances to stake claims on positions, if the player doesn't grasp that they can fuck off to saudi arabia with an interview with piers morgan apparently. I think sometimes the character of players is revealed in these situations and if they have a problem with it they probably don't have a place at a club that wants to challenge for the title. They can fit in just below sure but highest level of course the club has very high class competition and you aint gonna play every game.