Other clubs' transfers

Greg

1 minute ago, The Prophet said:

If they get Kone too, that's some haul of midfielders.

Zero ceiling there apparently. Unlike us who have been handicapped by a set of financial handcuffs imposed by the most privileged clubs of the last 40 years.

7 minutes ago, The Prophet said:

https://twitter.com/jac_talbot/status/1666899924187766789

Mr Talbot seems to have got himself a source at Liverpool:

"Understand personal terms have been verbally agreed between Liverpool and OGC Nice midfielder Khephren Thuram.

The Frenchman, who has been on Liverpool’s radar since January, had been in advanced talks with the Premier League club over a proposed move, as we revealed, and now the two clubs have agreed a deal in principle, multiple sources tell us."

Aw man. He’s the one I wanted :( 

Just now, Kid Icarus said:

No reason to believe Talbot's reliable yet is there? Haven't seen anything that he's uniquely talked about end up happening 

Quite the opposite, he’s wrong about most things. (Probably be right about this because I don’t want him to be).

Mac Allister has become overrated since the World Cup, he’s decent but I wouldn’t put him near the top grouping of midfielders in the league.

Caicedo is far better of the pairing in the role he does.

1 minute ago, SUPERTOON said:

Quite the opposite, he’s wrong about most things. (Probably be right about this because I don’t want him to be).

He's been pretty good with anything Liverpool this summer. Generally speaking he's pretty average though. 

3 minutes ago, McCormick said:

Is he usually so forthright? For someone who calls themself a journalist you’d you’d want to give yourself an out for the sake of your reputation, no? 

He said arsenal had agreed a deal to sign Caicedo on deadline day in January and obviously that was rubbish 

27 minutes ago, Matt1892 said:

Most have been piggybacking off Romano with the Mac Allister to Liverpool story, he was giving daily updates on it.

Not allowed to credit Romano here - he's just a tap-in merchant with no sources.

Nah, completely disagree. We’ve just made champions league with a paper thin squad, following a year where we were favourites to be relegated for 90% of the season. Whether I like our owners or not, they have bought us with the intention of being one of the world’s biggest clubs and will back us financially until we get there. We have an incredible manager and will strengthen our squad this summer. Our transfer policy and approach is very good.

Yes, we’ll take a hit in the league this coming season as we deal with more games and travel by being in the champions league but this is not a one-off. We’re significantly ahead of schedule and it’s good that other teams are strengthening. I don’t want a shit league where we run it over in a few years time just because we’ve bought our way there 

7 minutes ago, Ketsbaia said:

Frustrating to see our Champions League buzz quickly turn into a realisation that it's probably a one-off because everyone is getting much better.

Lmao we havent signed anyone yet ffs. Give yer head a shake

4 minutes ago, Ketsbaia said:

Frustrating to see our Champions League buzz quickly turn into a realisation that it's probably a one-off because everyone is getting much better.

I wonder if we can ask UEFA to remove us and put us out of our misery?

20 minutes ago, Ketsbaia said:

We’re at a disadvantage due to FFP for now, but we’ll be in the mix for years to come. It’s a long-term project, let’s just be thankful we’re no longer no-hopers like we were 18 months ago (and half the league) :) .

Aye, we won’t be able to compete with the super league 6 consistently for about 10 years in financial terms because of FFP. 

Lets hope the set of cunts to magic up ant more rules which prohibit us further. 

We made champions league by shrewd signings and a brilliant manager getting the most out of what should never have been a top 4 squad. Other teams spent a fortune from much better starting points than us and we finished ahead of them. We are going to have a much better squad come the start of the season, too. Aye it's going to be hard but there should be no doubt or sense of disappointment in the direction we are heading. Have trust in the owners and manager. 

1 hour ago, Ketsbaia said:

You should get into talk therapy or something