Other clubs' transfers

Greg

Guest HTT II
13 minutes ago, Froggy said:

No mentions of Van Nistelrooy? 

As I’ve said, he was deadly in front of goal, but he wouldn’t be in my top ten either. Ole for a bench warmer mind, he was quite prolific and underrated as a striker too. 

17 minutes ago, Froggy said:

No mentions of Van Nistelrooy? 

Has to be a top 10 striker of all time. People talk about Vardy, but van Nistelrooy scored 20+ in 4 out 5 seasons in the PL and the one he didn't he only played 17 games. Scored loads in the CL as well didn't he? 

2 hours ago, Pokerprince2004 said:

Probably just outside the top 10 for me but been a grest striker definitely. 

Shearer, Henry, Aguero, Kane, Rooney, Suarez, Van Persie, Drogba, Wright, Cantona

10 straight away who would be above him. He's probably in a list just below along with Cole, Ferdinand, Fowler, etc

He means more to the PL than Suarez. 

In terms of ‘legendary’ he’s top 10 for me as a striker. His impact on this league can only be rivalled by a few. I’m not just talking ability. Even half the players I would rank above him in terms of ability, couldn’t do what he did with Leicester.  I think RVN has the same amount of league titles and FA Cups as Vardy in stronger teams. 

Edited by The College Dropout

1 hour ago, Flip said:

Has to be a top 10 striker of all time. People talk about Vardy, but van Nistelrooy scored 20+ in 4 out 5 seasons in the PL and the one he didn't he only played 17 games. Scored loads in the CL as well didn't he? 

I believe he didn’t do enough for the team. Too selfish. Teams had to be setup for him to score. I don’t think it’s a complete coincidence that RVN was at Man United for the weakest period of SAF’s last 15-20  years at Man Utd. Never came close to being in a CL winning side either. 

Take out penalties - is his record substantively better than the primes of Cole or Ferdinand?

On 20/08/2022 at 05:53, Pokerprince2004 said:

Probably just outside the top 10 for me but been a grest striker definitely. 

Shearer, Henry, Aguero, Kane, Rooney, Suarez, Van Persie, Drogba, Wright, Cantona

10 straight away who would be above him. He's probably in a list just below along with Cole, Ferdinand, Fowler, etc

Shearer, Henry, Aguero, Kane, Salah, Rooney, Vardy, Drogba, Van Nistelrooy, Cole.

To me, he is right in the middle of the top 10 with Torres, Fowler, and Wright just missing out. He is just a bit below the genuine elite - Shearer, Henry, Aguero, Kane. He normally stays out of everyone's top 10 list because at his peak, he lacked the global profile of Shearer or Henry, the charismatic goals, larger-than-life celebration, etc. But in terms of effectiveness and contribution, he stands up to everyone. Particularly in their later years, Shearer and Henry needed a system or other people's legs to carry them. But Vardy was one of the strikers who did not expect others to put in the graft for him, he did it. Rooney, I think was the other striker like that. So those players will always have lower goal returns but that should not make their contribution any less valuable. 

Edited by rgk_lfc