Other clubs' transfers

Greg

Just now, Nucasol said:

Pretty sure he’ll be turning out for Brighton tomorrow.

Thanks for wrapping him in cotton wool to keep him safe for Liverpool btw. Certainly helped clinch that CL spot for us at the cost of his new club. :indi:

19 hours ago, Kid Icarus said:

Genuinely always rated him. Not to this level though, fucking hell :lol:

Plenty thought he was awful during his time here . At the time I thought he was decent for a £3m player; an adequate player that would do a job but felt like I was in the minority. But even I didn't expect to ever see him turning up in the Spanish squad and being linked with Real Madrid. Fair play to him, made a great career for himself. 

12 minutes ago, maybe_next_year said:

Plenty thought he was awful during his time here . At the time I thought he was decent for a £3m player; an adequate player that would do a job but felt like I was in the minority. But even I didn't expect to ever see him turning up in the Spanish squad and being linked with Real Madrid. Fair play to him, made a great career for himself. 

Players are people too and just like any other people, many of them have difficulty adjusting to a new job foreign country where they don’t speak the language. For many years it was painfully clear that we put zero effort into helping our foreign signings adjust, which is certifiably insane when you consider that each represents a multi million pound investment.

22 hours ago, Kid Icarus said:

Genuinely always rated him. Not to this level though, fucking hell :lol:

I always felt like his issue was mentality/confidence. 

That team didn’t create much for the striker which meant they had to be clinical. That pressure meant he’d fluff some sitters, but also produce some tidy finishes (Chelsea at home, Spurs at home). I’d be curious to get his take on it.

1 hour ago, SUPERTOON said:

But but they made it so he was dropped against us so his transfer could go through without injury but it was actually us paying a Brighton team going for a European place to throw the game so we could rob them.

I wonder if Harry Kane has missed his chance of a move to a title winning club, there is only Man U and Chelsea now that would consider him IMO but it looks like both are moving on to other targets. I really like him but it looks like career is limping to an end.

I wonder if (should they sign him), this'll be a pattern for Wrexham's transfer policy moving forward. Like me on FM but with unlimited resources and a shit budget. Signing 36/7+ year old legends on short term deals