Other clubs' transfers

Greg

2 minutes ago, Optimistic Nut said:

If he costs £100m, they'll not have to spend on that position again for about 10-12 years. He's worth every penny for me. 

He's 25 in January, so unless he can still tear up an down at 37....

1 minute ago, OverThere said:

He's 25 in January, so unless he can still tear up an down at 37....

I could see him doing it that long, he seems in good nick and like he'd look after himself. He's 10x the player Henderson is/was and he's still a big member of the England and Liverpool squads at 33. 

14 minutes ago, OverThere said:

With these fees, the most important man at NUFC is fast becoming Dan Ashworth and his ability to set up a scouting network and create an academy 

Always was. Well, him and Howe for improving players individually and making them more than the sum of their parts together.

4 minutes ago, GeordieDazzler said:

Are we reaching a tipping point with transfer valuation inflation? The bubble has to pop at some point. At this rate we’ll see the first half billion pound player in the next ten years.

Probably more clubs buying out of contract in future. Not all though.

50 minutes ago, GeordieDazzler said:

Are we reaching a tipping point with transfer valuation inflation? The bubble has to pop at some point. At this rate we’ll see the first half billion pound player in the next ten years.

I don’t think so given Neymar went for 180m was it? We haven’t had a transfer close since. 

120M for rice, but just the 100M if it includes a player too…

really need to cap evaluations and base them on games played, injuries, level of competition played in, team position, etc with nothing passed 100M valuation. Obviously same for salaries if they do care about equality in the game. 

6 minutes ago, brummie said:

The Saudi - Chelsea thing is dodgy as fuck.

I genuinely think this sort of thing plus concepts like multi club ownership will conspire to fucking ruin football.

It's not really. Saudi are trying to give their league more legitimacy & Chelsea have a lot of 'known' footballers they need to get rid of, they're not paying Chelsea extortionate transfer fees they're just offering the players mental wages as it's the only way they'll join. They paid £45m or so for Neves and they're paying Chelsea less than that for Ziyech, Mendy, Coulibaly & Kante is on a free.