Other clubs' transfers

Greg

I think Liverpool might be underestimating the global fanbase that Salah brings them btw. They’re literally the most supported English team in the Middle-East purely because of Salah (The CL win helped as well). It’s not an exaggeration when I say that they’ll lose millions of fans should he leave.

3 minutes ago, McCormick said:

I think Liverpool might be underestimating the global fanbase that Salah brings them btw. They’re literally the most supported English team in the Middle-East purely because of Salah (The CL win helped as well). It’s not an exaggeration when I say that they’ll lose millions of fans should he leave.

Please happen, Jarrod Bowen is the man to replace him apparently 

10 minutes ago, McCormick said:

This is the thing with this Saudi league. A lot of fans are going to follow the players, especially if they are targeting the best players like they are.

More top South American and African players and those regions are all going to be on board to support their countries top players.

I'm in Turkey just now and they are very excited about the Saudi League, they respect Saudi very much ( something to do with Storks ?) But they would love Salah to go there and play.

8 minutes ago, cookidge said:

I can fix Liverpool with three transfers and a budget of 100m.

Mitoma - £100m
Shelvey - £0
Gary Taylor-Fletcher - £0

Salah plays right, Mitoma plays left.

Ornstein?! Does that mean there's something in this. I do hope so. 

13 minutes ago, toontownman said:

Salah to Saudi. I expect them to get 60m for him and klopp will complain about injustice.

"The ceiling is caving in on us. These clubs like Newcastle and Man City are open air."

4 minutes ago, The Prophet said:

Hope this is the beginning of the end of FFP, Saudi clubs not signing cast offs but prime targets of European clubs. If European teams want to stay at the top they’ll push for FFP restrictions to be lifted.

Edited by SAK

Even putting aside the fact I'm gay, I don't think if I was a footballer I could be tempted to live in Saudi Arabia. I know the idea is to earn several careers worth in a year or so but even still living there would be hell on earth.

1 minute ago, Skeletor said:

Even putting aside the fact I'm gay, I don't think if I was a footballer I could be tempted to live in Saudi Arabia. I know the idea is to earn several careers worth in a year or so but even still living there would be hell on earth.

Wouldn't be surprised if most aren't regularly training so living in Dubai doesn't make things difficult. 

1 minute ago, Skeletor said:

While I certainly agree that it would be extremely difficult given your sexuality, I don’t think it would be hell on earth for footballers. Some of them are devout Muslims, some come from insane poverty which we can’t begin to understand, some will just enjoy sunshine and living in new lush buildings like living in a holiday resort. It has genuine appeal to people - I don’t personally feel the appeal, but I get it fully. And that’s before the nuts money is thrown in. 

3 minutes ago, Skeletor said:

It's 45 degrees there over the next few days, that should be be perfect for an exciting, high tempo game of football.