Other clubs' transfers

Greg

58 minutes ago, Disco said:

Burnley getting absolutely gutted. Ah well. 

Their squad was ancient at the end of last season, so far 8 players aged 29 or over have left, I hope Kompany can replace them though cos I've backed them to come back up 

48 minutes ago, The Prophet said:

It'll be interesting to see where Cornet ends up. £17.5 million is a good price.

Feels like he is a backup option for a few clubs if they don’t get their number one target, ourselves included.

6 minutes ago, Ben said:

Their squad was ancient at the end of last season, so far 8 players aged 29 or over have left, I hope Kompany can replace them though cos I've backed them to come back up 

They've already signed 4 players and brought in some kid on loan for Man City. Seems a bit of a moneyball reset going on but building a team in the Championship as a relegated PL side is very doable - even with their financial problems.

On 09/07/2022 at 23:29, Nobody said:

Definite downgrade on Targett, IMO. 

He's coming to be back up to Digne, which Targett - and it was good that he was that honest about it - didn't want to do.

Massive respect to Targett for that.

57 minutes ago, brummie said:

He's coming to be back up to Digne, which Targett - and it was good that he was that honest about it - didn't want to do.

Massive respect to Targett for that.

Aye fair play to him. He is way too good to be second choice like 

14 hours ago, KaKa said:

I have no idea why you keep arguing, when you clearly have not seen Eze play. The majority of his career he has played either in the number 10 position or on the left (like the link below shows), and his play style is similar to Grealish. He is never a Yaya Toure or Gerrard type midfielder like you said previously, it's nonsense. He can play in a midfield three though, and probably will start out replacing Gallagher in there this season, but they will lose out on the defensive pressing and tenacity Gallagher provided in that position, as Eze just doesn't get stuck in the same way. He is more of an attack minded player.

https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/eberechi-eze/leistungsdaten/spieler/479999

I saw the vid and he's got a lot more skill than I thought. Gerrard and Yaya did play as a 10 for a number of years, though. I see Grealish as primarily a winger tbh where as Eze has a lot more dynamism to his game. 

Edited by Astroblack

1 hour ago, Solitude20 said:

Nottingham Forest has spent 70m in the window so far. They are doing some work there. Can’t say I wouldn’t be sad if they outspend us in this window :D

I hope they stay up, to be honest. It's been nice having Leeds back. 

Their manager is pretty decent too so I think they may surprise a few teams. 

Think Brentford might have second-season syndrome, Bournemouth look poor, Southampton haven't strengthened enough yet for me.