Other clubs' transfers

Greg

6 minutes ago, Joey47 said:

Wonder if this changes anything for Joao Felix leaving, seeing as they take up similar positions on the pitch.

Nah. Felix has fallen out with Simeone. Doesn’t change a thing. 

23 hours ago, AyeDubbleYoo said:

I think the problem for me is that they’re obviously not implementing a comprehensive recruitment process that has the main objective of making the team as good as possible. 

If they were, they would have a mixture of players from all over. 

Also seem to be restricted to Portuguese speaking managers, which is a problem for similar reasons.

If it just so happened that all the players they signed were Brazilian or Portuguese, then OK.  

Aye. The club has become a player market/frm and a cashpoint for a powerful agent.

Letting go of the likes of Coady, Saiss, Gibbs-White and replacing them with Portuguese speaking or Mendes players feels like the final coffin. They seem to have a decent academy and are bringing through a few prospects but I understand why Wolves fans will feel out of touch with the club. There's also a serious lack of ambition. Stay in the league - hoard average Portuguese players, become a springboard for the better Portuguese players

1 hour ago, The College Dropout said:

Aye. The club has become a player market/frm and a cashpoint for a powerful agent.

Letting go of the likes of Coady, Saiss, Gibbs-White and replacing them with Portuguese speaking or Mendes players feels like the final coffin. They seem to have a decent academy and are bringing through a few prospects but I understand why Wolves fans will feel out of touch with the club. There's also a serious lack of ambition. Stay in the league - hoard average Portuguese players, become a springboard for the better Portuguese players

That was us a few years ago but with french players...

16 hours ago, The Butcher said:

Looks like Messi is staying at PSG.

At least it’s not MLS. Personally I would’ve liked to see him go win a title in a new league, but no one will pay him like PSG. It’ll be great to see him take Cristiano’s CL goals record anyway.

2 hours ago, ponsaelius said:

It'll never happen because he seems to want to maximise his income but a spell at Newell's would be amazing. Especially now he has fully won over the Argentine public.

I have no knowledge of their football but would joining one team not possibly annoy fans of rival clubs?

Or would having the goat in their league just supersede that?