Various: Mike Ashley in talks with Sheikh Khaled bin Zayed Al Nehayan

Kaizero
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

The fact it's taking so long makes me think the aim isn't to do a man city. If the aim was to splash the cash we wouldn't be at a stand off for so long over £50m or whatever.

It’s been said on numerous occasions that it won’t be a Man City style ownership.

It's also been said numerous times, just because (if) they have a lot of money why should they pay more than something is worth? You don't buy a £250k house for £300k because the current owner is being a t***, no matter how much money you have.

I once bought a ticket for a gig that was only worth £50 for £75 off eBay, because I had the money and really wanted to go to the gig. Supply and demand.

As far as we're aware the only demand is coming from PCP. Not even the richest person in the world would want to pay an extra 50m for something when they are bidding against themselves.

PSG paid Neymars €222m release clause? Surely that's at least 50m more than he's worth, and i don't think anyone else was bidding.

The fact it's taking so long makes me think the aim isn't to do a man city. If the aim was to splash the cash we wouldn't be at a stand off for so long over £50m or whatever.

It’s been said on numerous occasions that it won’t be a Man City style ownership.

It's also been said numerous times, just because (if) they have a lot of money why should they pay more than something is worth? You don't buy a £250k house for £300k because the current owner is being a t***, no matter how much money you have.

I once bought a ticket for a gig that was only worth £50 for £75 off eBay, because I had the money and really wanted to go to the gig. Supply and demand.

As far as we're aware the only demand is coming from PCP. Not even the richest person in the world would want to pay an extra 50m for something when they are bidding against themselves.

PSG paid Neymars €222m release clause? Surely that's at least 50m more than he's worth, and i don't think anyone else was bidding.

Because Barcelona wouldn't sell for anything less than that.

I'd love it if we did a Man City, don't understand why some don't. The morals behind some of the sources of wealth over in the Middle East perhaps?

Though I'd take just competent business people who may not be the richest but allow the club to at least try and maximise its potential. However the main thing is getting that fat fucking cunt out of our club.

It's about maintaining your identity. Man City certainly haven't kept theirs.

Are any of their supporters complaining? Genuine question. I know it's easy to take the traditional supporter line, but they are a massive worldwide club now, winning trophies with the whole of English football wanking over the football they play. I wonder how many of their fans are wishing it was like the old days?

I'd love it if we did a Man City, don't understand why some don't. The morals behind some of the sources of wealth over in the Middle East perhaps?

Though I'd take just competent business people who may not be the richest but allow the club to at least try and maximise its potential. However the main thing is getting that fat fucking cunt out of our club.

It's about maintaining your identity. Man City certainly haven't kept theirs.

Are any of their supporters complaining? Genuine question. I know it's easy to take the traditional supporter line, but they are a massive worldwide club now, winning trophies with the whole of English football wanking over the football they play. I wonder how many of their fans are wishing it was like the old days?

Haven't got a clue if they are connected or not, but the fact that they are struggling to sell out the Etihad surely isn't a good sign?

Whoa, haven't checked this thread since late afternoon and suddenly everybody is convinced it's happening and it's just a question of will we do a Man City or not... What's happened in the meantime? Anything concrete, or has somebody slipped LSD in the water supply in the North East tonight?

That's an entirely different scenario and not really relevant. There is no release clause for the club, there is no deadline to buy/sell clubs, and (presumably) Ashley wants to sell the club. Also there are a number of complicating factors, most notably the fact that the value of the club could be cut in half in five months for what is, from a business perspective, an arbitrary reason.

If I had to guess I'd say the two sides aren't 50m apart in isolation. I'm guessing it's more a gap in valuation with certain clauses attached or not, which makes this pretty complicated.

Whoa, haven't checked this thread since late afternoon and suddenly everybody is convinced it's happening and it's just a question of will we do a Man City or not... What's happened in the meantime? Anything concrete, or has somebody slipped LSD in the water supply in the North East tonight?

Everyone is excited cause there's only 10 days left of Ashley

Everyone is excited cause there's only 10 days left of Ashley

LSD it is then :lol:

I think it'll happen but it may be in the summer but it sounds like PCP won't up their offer and Ashley won't yet sell for that, one will blink, but I am not totally convinced it's inevitable that ashley will sell, he is way too petty not to consider refusing completely even after all this work has gone in. I also don't buy that it has gone through and is being kept secret, that seems fantasy to me. If it had gone through they'd be doing transfer business in a hurry to shore up their investment.

Could literally give a f*** if we "do a Man City" - I just want us to at least be putting out a competitive team with a winning mentality. I want to see us do some damage in the cups too.

??? So you don't want us to "do a Man City"?

It's not at the top of my wish list, no.

I honestly want us to just go out there and have a good chance to win, a winning mentality, and a squad I like.

Guest firetotheworks

It's basically impossible to "do a Man City" these days anyway, even if we had nigh on unlimited funds, we'd still compete with two more clubs that have infinite funds that are far ahead of us, plus the likes of Liverpool, Man United and Spurs that are all capable of spending more than we could hope to get from PCP.

Of course it's possible. Man City 'did a Chelsea' after all.

Completely different landscape when they did it. The money that we would have to spend to "do a Man City" would be astronomical, just look at what PSG have to spend to compete at the top in the CL.

That reads as possible to me. The Saudis would be the ones to do it.

We're talking literally billions of pounds, of course it can happen, I just don't think it's very plausible.

So not impossible then. :iamatwat:

I said 'basically impossible', so left myself a tiny window there ;)

Anah, I was just being a dick, sorry. ;)

According to Caulkin.. Id prefer this way.

https://twitter.com/CaulkinTheTimes/status/951136912353488896

Chelsea were in a massive amount of debt at the time of being sold and were pretty much about to go bust without the takeover, I think qualifying for the Champions League saved them a little bit of time.

Man City's owner had been arrested and had to let go of his assets, even then the deal took time, it just didn't play out in public. PSG, there is no telling how long the takeover took, like the first 2 and unlike ours, the takeover wasn't publicly known about as and who it was happening. The people who spout the stuff as seen in the first post have no idea about how the deals for the other clubs came about and have no idea how big business deals work.

According to Caulkin.. Id prefer this way.

https://twitter.com/CaulkinTheTimes/status/951136912353488896

That's absolutely what I want.

Yep, no need for any more than that with Rafa at the helm. Bit of flexibility when needed in terms of signing players and stuff but otherwise steady progression would be great in comparison to the last decade.

Putting the high-roller clubs aside, which PL clubs have genuinely good ownership? Owners willing to invest, those who don’t treat their supporters like shit, etc.

Brighton, Huddersfield, Burnley, Bournemouth I would say.

Leicester and Watford are maybes.

Putting the high-roller clubs aside, which PL clubs have genuinely good ownership? Owners willing to invest, those who don’t treat their supporters like shit, etc.

Liverpool, Stoke, Brighton, Palace, Hudds, Leicester. Doesn't account for bad managerial decisions though.

Liverpool, Stoke, Brighton, Palace, Hudds, Leicester. Doesn't account for bad managerial decisions though.

Spurs would surely be at the top of the list?

Putting the high-roller clubs aside, which PL clubs have genuinely good ownership? Owners willing to invest, those who don’t treat their supporters like s***, etc.

And yet Liverpool fans want rid of FSG for some reason.

Liverpool fans love a moan. It's not in their nature to be happy with stuff