Newcastle United 0-1 Manchester City - 27/12/17 - Post-match reaction from pg.26

Kaizero

Would rather have Rafa than Pep any day of the week.

With these players, yeah :lol:

Imagine trying to train these guys to play Pep's system man :lol:

Would actually have a high entertainment value watching that car crash :lol:

Pep after the first training session

http://www.aljazeera.com/mritems/imagecache/mbdxxlarge/mritems/Images/2017/11/29/5e302c9172a741569b2ef1d3497ca6d0_18.jpg

Absolutely no shame in that. We all know that we're lacking in quality but the heart and effort shown tonight was pretty fucking awesome IMO. Despite the losses recently, tonight showed that these players are behind the manager 100% and are fully committed to the gameplan whatever it is. Could have quite easily nicked a point at the end there.

Yes, they deserved to win. Yes, it was negative, defensive tactics for the most part. But had we been blown away early on there wouldn't have even been a chance of a point. We hung in there and gave it a real good go at the end. It was a far cry from what most of us were expecting from this fixture, and keeping it to a single goal might be crucial come the end of the season with so many clubs in the shit at present.

By the way the coverage on NBCSN was far more balanced from what it seems was heard on Sky.

Rarely see the point in just trying to sit back and defend and entire game.

An ok performance in the end with good cameos from merino and atsu. Aaron's and Murphy in particular have something there. The former isn't close to being match fit and the latter is looking  better each game and looks to be learning.

Shelvey had some sublime passes and some shit tackles and lack of tracking back. Same old.

Lots of hope we can stay up with glimmers of good performances. Counts for nothing when we aren't picking up any points though. Next two games are important.

Guest Howaythetoon

If we played like the first 35 minutes like that say against Man Utd which we ironically didn’t and away from home, people would be spitting feathers. The fact it’s Man City shouldn’t make it alright. After their goal we were much better and for Rafa I suppose anything but a hammering is a result and seemingly many fans. I don’t really blame the manager or players or fans though I blame this on Ashley for allowing us to become this type of club and team. Now for a takeover so next season we can give them a real run for their money.

See when you have a go at them... ;)

See when there's only a goal in it.

No see what it is when you actually do what you should have from the first minute. Get into their face and stop them from being in cruise control and having space to dictate  as they were. Can’t actually believe you’re saying that when for the other 75 minutes they could and should have been four or five it wasn’t the tactics that kept it at one nil it was city’s woeful finishing

With these players, yeah [emoji38]

Imagine trying to train these guys to play Pep's system man [emoji38]

Would actually have a high entertainment value watching that car crash [emoji38]

Pep after the first training session

http://www.aljazeera.com/mritems/imagecache/mbdxxlarge/mritems/Images/2017/11/29/5e302c9172a741569b2ef1d3497ca6d0_18.jpg

Crease every time [emoji38]

f*** off rafa. why wait till 60 mins.

9236e85ceebc97c1a321234ef2b2c69d.jpg

:lol: Aye, City clearly took their foot off and sat back which is why we were allowed to create chances. That was obviously the plan from the beginning too, or to catch them with a set piece  or something if we were still level. Basically just stop them from getting out of sight at any point.

We never 'played for a small loss', it was probably the best chance we had of getting anything.

If we played like the first 35 minutes like that say against Man Utd which we ironically didn’t and away from home, people would be spitting feathers. The fact it’s Man City shouldn’t make it alright. After their goal we were much better and for Rafa I suppose anything but a hammering is a result and seemingly many fans. I don’t really blame the manager or players or fans though I blame this on Ashley for allowing us to become this type of club and team. Now for a takeover so next season we can give them a real run for their money.

We've had good teams and got hammered off worse Man City teams since they had money.

Guest Howaythetoon

Woo hoo we won the defeat! Seriously first 35 can f*** off, the rest, I’ll accept. Much better second half.

But the first half approach made the rest possible.

Only because they didn’t put us away, had they... well! Let’s not kid ourselves here or get giddy over a 1-0 defeat.

Absolutely no shame in that. We all know that we're lacking in quality but the heart and effort shown tonight was pretty f***ing awesome IMO. Despite the losses recently, tonight showed that these players are behind the manager 100% and are fully committed to the gameplan whatever it is. Could have quite easily nicked a point at the end there.

Yes, they deserved to win. Yes, it was negative, defensive tactics for the most part. But had we been blown away early on there wouldn't have even been a chance of a point. We hung in there and gave it a real good go at the end. It was a far cry from what most of us were expecting from this fixture, and keeping it to a single goal might be crucial come the end of the season with so many clubs in the s*** at present.

By the way the coverage on NBCSN was far more balanced from what it seems was heard on Sky.

Aye.

And the rest is spot on too.

Absolutely no shame in that. We all know that we're lacking in quality but the heart and effort shown tonight was pretty fucking awesome IMO. Despite the losses recently, tonight showed that these players are behind the manager 100% and are fully committed to the gameplan whatever it is. Could have quite easily nicked a point at the end there.

Yes, they deserved to win. Yes, it was negative, defensive tactics for the most part. But had we been blown away early on there wouldn't have even been a chance of a point. We hung in there and gave it a real good go at the end. It was a far cry from what most of us were expecting from this fixture, and keeping it to a single goal might be crucial come the end of the season with so many clubs in the shit at present.

American coverage is always much better.

This is why this season feels nothing like the relegation seasons to me. All we lack this time is a little bit of quality. We have the manager and the players giving everything.

WTF?

[emoji38] Would be interested to see what Pep could do at a club where you have to fight a f***ing minotaur just to get to training.

[emoji38]

[emoji38]  [emoji38]

Absolutely no shame in that. We all know that we're lacking in quality but the heart and effort shown tonight was pretty f***ing awesome IMO. Despite the losses recently, tonight showed that these players are behind the manager 100% and are fully committed to the gameplan whatever it is. Could have quite easily nicked a point at the end there.

Yes, they deserved to win. Yes, it was negative, defensive tactics for the most part. But had we been blown away early on there wouldn't have even been a chance of a point. We hung in there and gave it a real good go at the end. It was a far cry from what most of us were expecting from this fixture, and keeping it to a single goal might be crucial come the end of the season with so many clubs in the s*** at present.

Aye.

And the rest is spot on too.

:thup:

I'm not sure how you can draw a negative from how we set up, I get you think we should have been more attacking from the off but against them that would have been terrible. As I've said a scuffed shot which our keeper should have saved aside there was nothing wrong with the game plan.

No complaints. Went in with every chance of getting slaughtered, came out with -1 on the goal difference and proof that if our players put their mind to it, they can defend. Think that's the most frustrating thing about this match; if our defence could focus like that in a game where we attack a bit more, we wouldn't have conceded half as many of the goals we have.

First match in twelve that Man City haven't scored two or more.

Rafa's an embarrassment. Good thing you can change up the lyrics of the 'fat Cockney bastard' song for 'fat Spanish waiter'. Get it started lads. He deserves it. Then we can get Bilic or Clement in and play proper football. :thup:

Guest Howaythetoon

Sky’s coverage is shocking and again it’s because of them why there is such a disparity between such teams so Neville can whinge all he likes. I dearly hope someone like Amazon blows them out of the water with the next tv rights.