Your favourite ever Newcastle United goal

joeyt

Bob Moncur, first goal in the second leg of the Fairs Cup final against Ujpest. Took us from being on the verge of blowing a three goal lead to a position where the cup was ours unless we conceded another three goals.  Would probably have enjoyed it even more if I'd known that it would be the last proper trophy we'd win for 50+ years.

Impossible, but of the ones I saw as they were scored, off the top of my head:

Shearer 1-0 v Spurs (in the 7-1)

Shearer 4-3 v Leicester

Shearer v Spurs, FA cup semi

Robert 3-1 v Arsenal ("end of the London curse")

Nobby 4-3 v Leeds

Tiote 4-4 v Arsenal

Cissé breaking the laws of physics v Chelsea

Tino's goals v Barca are great memories too.

Obviously not a class goal, but have a soft spot for the Steven Taylor late winner away to Sheff Utd in 2007 (was a 2-1 win).

I'd been to like 11 or 12 away games over a number of seasons, and hadn't seen us win away.

So yeah, I celebrated that goal massively  :lol:

I've got a soft spot for the type of goal that involves no grace or finesse but is simply hammered as hard and as fast as possible towards the goal, to the extent that defenders and the keeper can't physically get in the way in time and it practically rips the net off before anyone can react....the best example I can think of is Oba Martins v Spurs, or Shola's 2nd against the mackems.

But for legendary status, and the general unforgettable vibe of the day, my all-time favourite has to be Albert chipping the 5th in. Sublime.

Bellamy v Feyenoord goes without saying.

Shearer's record breaker against Portsmouth was unbelievable, everyone going mad and cheering a goal for what seemed like forever.

Jonas v West Ham

Ben Arfa v Bolton

Cabaye FK v Man U

Mitrovic v Mackems

Its really hard to pin down a favorite. Do you go with Robert type screamers, important goals, or great team goals?

Ginola vs Ferencvaros sticks out in memory.

But a team goal in more recent times was Perez vs Ipswich.

A goal of pure skill and guile would be HBA.

One that sticks out for me is Peter Beardsley. Newcastle  3 vs 1 Aston Villa

February 95. His second and our 3rd, he looks like hes loosing his footing and its pure luck, Beardsley did this a lot though he had quick feet and skill, then he goes and ouside of the left foots it for a great finish under pressure. Its something Lionel Messi would do today and the world would know. 

A few from the 90s that haven't been mentioned:

Andy Cole's record breaker v Villa

Beardsley from the touchline v Norwich

Ginola v Sheff Wed on Sky

Ferdinand v Man Utd and Shearer's subsequent celebration

Tino's second v Barcelona

Of those already mentioned:

Kelly v Portsmouth - as a youngster in the family enclosure I used to sit on top of one of the concrete barriers. It was always a test to see if you could hold on and keep your balance when we scored, but I always seemed to manage it. Not for this goal tho. Got launched about 10 yards forward and couldn't see any of the last 10 mins or so. Great stuff.

Albert v Man Utd - can't elaborate on everything that's already been said. Majestic.

Some others:

Shearer v Arsenal - free-kick at home in the last game of the season (99-00). From miles out. Outrageous power.

Shearer v Man Utd - free- kick at Old Trafford. Got humped as usual but again outrageous power. Particularly liked the way Barthez in goal seemed helpless even though it was from so far out.

Ben Arfa v Villa - i'd say the one against Blackburn is the best goal I've ever seen live, but I loved this one. Absolute arrow. Then of course his description of it in his interview after.

Gazza v Palace(?) - may have the opponent wrong but it's the one with the bit of skill where he shifts the ball between feet to zig-zag past two players and then smashes it into top corner.

Probably forgot numerous Beardsley ones too.

Gazza v Chelsea at home in 87-88 (Gary Kely saved two penalties that day).

Beardsley v Brighton home 83-84.

Beardsley v Pompey away 83-84.

One of the first matches I went to - Remember Mirandinha also scored twice, and was refusing to go off when substituted, as he was on a hattrick.

Never seen any highlights of that match since. Even the guys on YT don't have any footage.