Sunderland

Kaizero

Will Sunderland Be Promoted from LEAGUE ONE? 0 = No chance 10 = Definitely  

643 members have voted

1. 1. Will Sunderland Be Promoted from LEAGUE ONE? 0 = No chance 10 = Definitely

This poll is closed to new votes

8 minutes ago, tommo said:

Even though he might well have turned out to be a complete disaster, the way this has been handled has been an absolute shambles.

Likely to be toxic as soon as whoever does get it has anything resembling a negative result.

[emoji38]

The reaction does seem deranged, but I'd been wondering why they were so desperate to hark back to Keane in the first place.

My theory is that they've been ignored for so long that they are desperate for any tiny bit of attention. They thought Defoe would bring that, but no-one cares. 

They also REALLY took against Downie saying they weren't newsworthy, and this seems to be the barb that stings them most.

So when Keane was asked about whether he'd take the job on TV, whilst commentating on another game a week or so ago, there was little short of jubilation.

"Mentioned on prime time Friday night telly, marra! That'll show Downie and all the mags we're not irrelevant no matter what they say!" was the gist of it.

Forgetting the fact that it's Keane who was the story, not them. No neutral could name their last 3 managers, for example.

And that "story", which is still more important than them anyway, amounted to some light hearted joshing with a fellow TV pundit and an ex-managerial failure.

12 minutes ago, Pilko said:

RTG is a hoot right now.

Their new fantastic owner who's just recently stopped growing pubes "KLD" - "is finished here now" according to one poster.

Loads saying "I'm done". Arguing and infighting and ITKs being outed as bullshitters.

Surely not, I'm sure not long ago they convinced themselves that they'd rather be owned by KLD and his "billions" and keep their "classy morals" instead of our bloody money 

1 minute ago, WarrenBartonCentrePartin said:

:lol: Turned them down, anarl. Not that they just didn’t offer him it. Even more delicious.

”But wuh pyewer luv yer, Roy!”

Keane would have interviewed them, grilled them on how much money he’d have to spend, saw the extend of incompetence, gave KLD’s dog a quick wank and got out of chicken town. 

I guess it's his reputation more than anything. Obviously a fantastic player, and now one of the more prominent pundits - if they can get him back into football, especially into League One, then it would kind of generally be considered a coup, and bring a bit more relevance to them in their predicament.

Feel for them like, imagine if we were languishing in league one and they’d just become the richest club in the world and looked like they were odds on to stay up after seemingly being nailed on for relegation. Anyone who keeps supporting them deserves both respect and pity 

Just now, Disco said:

Bit annoying in a way as it would’ve been hilarious and getting an actual manager rather than a TV caricature is probably a better long term strategy. Still lovely to see them fyewm though.  

Not with the names of the other managers being mentioned ?

The best quote I've seen on RTG in a long time :lol:

'I think this needs to be addressed. The thinking that he is a dinosaur, a hothead, a loose canon, is predominantly based on his playing days, and yes, back then, was probably correct.
He is 50 years old now, and has matured, both in his outlook, and his tactical ability and knowledge of the game.
People change with age. I joined the forces because if I hadn't I would probably have done time. Even in the Navy, I was permanently in the shit. Ffs, I hoyed a taxi driver into the water in Plymouth dockyard once, because he had no change for a tenner'

15 minutes ago, Pilko said:

Someone suggesting "seasons over, may as well let Defoe having a crack at it" on RTG :lol:

:lol: Tbf if I was unfortunate enough to follow them I'd probably be thinking why not at this stage. If they're going to be a shambles of a club why not get proper weird with it?