Miguel Almirón: club in talks with Saudi club over possible sale (Downie)

Deuce

6 hours ago, Emotic said:

You don't see it on slo-mo replays, but the corner routine that led to Wilson's second goal was magic. Miggy materialises on the touchline, Trippier passes it to him, Miggy brings it back inside a little while Tripps runs towards him at first but then dinks to the right whilst Miggy does that backheel. The replays only show the final ball to Wilson. But it was a clever, and very slick move.

Almiron offers so much more to the way we play than just his outrageous goals - his relationship with Trippier and Bruno is almost telepathic. That's what great coaching does.

When everyone was celebrating Bruno ran back to the halfway line and was pointing at someone on the bench (Tindall?) as if to applaud them for coming up with the routine.

51 minutes ago, SteV said:

When everyone was celebrating Bruno ran back to the halfway line and was pointing at someone on the bench (Tindall?) as if to applaud them for coming up with the routine.

Think it was Purches. He does the set piece training. 

6 minutes ago, pedro111 said:

MOTD Comms said his goal was a deflection???

I actually thought so too, but was confused as the flight of the ball seemed so sweet. So not sure basically, and especially not sure if it had much of an impact.

Biggest difference for me is that he is now not playing the safe option after missing/fucking something up. He's now confident enough to keep trying things when it doesn't come off. It's noticeable he's also not cutting back onto his favoured foot everytime he was played in, which was a big issue previously with me. Obviously Howe will be instrumental in this, but the fact that his support in play is usually coming from Trippier and Bruno is massive also. 

Edited by et tu brute

It's definitely done him a world of good having Tripps and Bruno in the side, some of the one-two's he plays with Bruno are telepathic and Tripps always generates an option for an easy pass and/or to give him more space. Irrespective of that, he embodies exactly what this new style is all about with the constant effort and pressing. Battling against himself for goal of the month is still a bit out of the blue but noones more deserving of the plaudits it's generating than he is

Tell you something - Jacky Grealish has got to muster up some hidden reserves of mental fortitude to not be affected by the endless ribbing he will receive for his comments. Never heard of a backfire so profound and so delicious.

2 hours ago, Emotic said:

Tell you something - Jacky Grealish has got to muster up some hidden reserves of mental fortitude to not be affected by the endless ribbing he will receive for his comments. Never heard of a backfire so profound and so delicious.

If he had any brains or class, he would've done some sort of video by now sending himself up, clipping the goals and saying Miggy had really stuck his comments up his arse or somesuch.

Personally, I'm happy he keeps quiet, as I think it keeps Miggy burning. Hattrick at the Etihad anyone? :)