Miguel Almirón

Deuce

1 minute ago, Shays Given Tim Flowers said:

Was fine playing in a system. The system we have now? I don't know how we are actually supposed to shape up. 

You have two wide players Fraser and Asm who play high up the pitch and pretty direct. If they beat their man there's often no one in the middle. 

Because Shelvey likes to spray a ball early from deep are midfield are nowhere near the front three nor is anyone else. We have 0 presence in midfield if Joelinton isn't playing beast mode. There is no protection for the defence and our full backs often overlap but are seldom played in behind and even if they were there's nothing to aim at. 

Almiron doesn't fit into the way we are currently playing but I am not sure results would be any worse if he was an ever present. 

Always stuck up for the guy due to his run all day style, but no system or position can fix shooting like a 2 year old. 

4 minutes ago, The Merse said:

Why did he think that shooting there would be a good idea - he can't hit a cows arse with a banjo so what the hell is he doing - everybody is in the box - just knock it back in ffs

I've never understood that saying, if you saw a cows arse just there, would you think I must get my banjo

Just now, Disco said:

He was aye. Fraser stayed on the left. He looked miles off the pace.

Makes no sense playing him there. He has no right foot. It affects his decision making and the way he receives the ball. We have wingers who are just as compfortable on either wing so it makes no sense playing him there. When played cam or lw he’s actually been productive.

4 minutes ago, Gawalls said:

I've never understood that saying, if you saw a cows arse just there, would you think I must get my banjo

I believe it's in reference to the surface areas of the objects in question.

Guest reefatoon
5 minutes ago, joeyt said:

He plays like a competition winner

Too many touches, no right foot. I don't think he's got a single goal or assist this season

[emoji38] He really does. Runs around like a crab with a couple of invisible carpets under his arms, with that gormless perpetual grin on his face like he hasn’t got a clue what day it is. 

12 minutes ago, joeyt said:

He plays like a competition winner

Too many touches, no right foot. I don't think he's got a single goal or assist this season

8 goals and 3 assists in 96 appearances for us.

Has more yellow cards than goals for us.

Pretty much only does something once every 9 games, pathetic for an attacking player.

Edited by Fantail Breeze

1 minute ago, POOT 2.0 said:

I've never liked him. But never said as I can't be arsed with the "not his fault" brigade :lol: 

Maybe it's actually not his fault as he's always looked simple, what with that perma-grin. It was endearing for the first few games. But now I worry he's just stuck in the "I can't fucking believe I get paid to do this" mindset. 

Its not his fault hes shite