Mike Ashley (former owner)

Disco

?  

464 members have voted

1. 1. ?

• Takeover
    • Fakeover

Is this a possible scenario? Rafa had two options, sign up on Ashley's terms and hope BZG takeover but be stuck with Ashley if the deal fell through or run down his contract then sign up under BZG if they do takeover?

Is this a possible scenario? Rafa had two options, sign up on Ashley's terms and hope BZG takeover but be stuck with Ashley if the deal fell through or run down his contract then sign up under BZG if they do takeover?

Nah, we are fucked bro.

Guest Open_C

People have tried getting angry and forcing him out. The Magpie Group tried really hard. People in general don't give a s*** for more than a week or two or three.

The only real victory, and I know this because I did it myself when hughton got bulleted, is a personal one and it's to just stop going.  Trying to convince others to do the same is a world of misery.

The FA need to step in and implement certain laws that can serve to protect its clubs from owners like Mike Ashley, or those that are making just as big a mess at other clubs further down the leagues. Things can't continue the way they are otherwise it's simply going to drive fans away from football.

11 years of putting up with lies, embarrassment, Ashley losing 2 tribunals against employees, asset-stripping and everything else he's done to us should show the FA that he's not a competent owner.

The silence from odin is defeaning.

Did you really expect Odin to know any more than the rest of us knew ffs man

And all we know until something official comes out, is the statement that has been made by BZG stating that proof of funds supplied, documentation signed by Ashley and BZG and that they are assisting with the Premier League process. Anything else currently is pure speculation and that's why we all should wait until something official does come out either way.

These processes are taking an awfully long time don't you think?  :lol:

It's not happening. Ashley was never wanting to sell.

And even if he did, new owners who don't want Rafa? I'm out.

Heard there is big news due tonight

Your mate is just another twat full of shite. If they are genuinely a journalist, the need to change career.

Fair play, like. This sort of ties in.

Apologies.

What are you doing ?

:lol:

Accepting that maybe, just maybe, for once, someone had a tiny clue that something was going on.

After an awful day, I'm just going to end my day with this tiny bit of hope regardless of what happening is obviously what Ashley and his buddies have planned all along.

I'm clutching a big pile of straws here but BZG might have been clever enough not to say or relate themselves with the Rafa situation. Some have said they might have their own man, perhaps Jose since he and Wenger were linked with us. Perhaps BZG didn't want Rafa, not because he ain't good enough but in their eyes, it might take time for him to get instant success (though I very much believe he would have won at least a cup quickly with us if he was given proper funds). BZG probably want quick success to at least portray themselves as worthy and as competitive as their counterparts over at City and their belief is getting someone like Mourinho or Wenger might grt quicker success both on and off the pitch rather than waiting for Rafa to build his empire and all with the training ground and facilities etc.

Again, I'm just trying to pacify myself here. They didn't want to commit with Rafa because he is a crowd favourite and should anything go wrong with his contract negotiations or their ideas does not match what Rafa wants, then they would have had a hard a tough task of sacking him off. They might still want Rafa, but if he decides he's off to China, then it makes it a lot easier for them to appoint whoever they want. They might have no issues replacing anyone who the club appoints after Rafa because it would still look bad on Ashley and his team who had knowledge that the club was being sold but still appointed someone gullible enough to replace Rafa.

I feel this BZG attempt to buy us is genuine and real and they have acted smartly by not putting all their eggs in one basket in relation to Rafa. Now we await whether Ashley sells up or moves the goalposts again. He could have made Newcastle fans even mors p*ssed by just announcing there is no takeover and the club will back Rafa's replacement as much as possible but he hasn't. Until this day, he has not commented at all about BZG unlike previously where he was vocal about Staevely.

Yes it might be his cunning plan all along but there is also evidence that this might be true. Some say another 6 weeks before anything gets going. I would wait these 6 weeks if it mean the fat c*** leaves. But that would leave an already shambolic pre season preparation even more disastrous. More to do with Ashley and his regime than any potential new owners.

Either way, we are already f***ed. Any good coming out of this fiasco will be a bonus for us. I'm done with the club when an official announcement confirms no takeover happening. Either from the club or from BZG. Before that, I'm going to cling on to the last hope I have. Cue those saying, give over man there is no takeover etc. I understand but let that last hope die with my love for the club as it did today with Rafa leaving us.

For the life of me, I do not understand what would make the job attractive to anyone. Who the f*** would want this job, now more than ever ?

Raise your profile for a couple of seasons then hopefully get the Watford job.

I wouldn't be surprised to see some positive stories regarding the takeover to appear in the next few days. Probably from the S*n or Luke Edwards.

Moves the debate on for a lot of fans to "I'll take Rafa leaving if we get taken over..."

I can't comprehend anyone wanting to buy the club but not Rafa. Fuck, Rafa was the main attraction for Staveley's group at least.

Heard there is big news due tonight

Your mate is just another twat full of shite. If they are genuinely a journalist, the need to change career.

Fair play, like. This sort of ties in.

Apologies.

What are you doing ?

:lol:

Accepting that maybe, just maybe, for once, someone had a tiny clue that something was going on.

Fair enough  :lol:

For the life of me, I do not understand what would make the job attractive to anyone. Who the fuck would want this job, now more than ever ?

Sacked by Christmas with your contract paid up in full.

Blame Mike Ashley then move onto the next  'destroy and exit'

What's not to love?