Mike Ashley (former owner)

Disco

?  

464 members have voted

1. 1. ?

• Takeover
    • Fakeover

Seen Norman Riley from True Faith has done a BBC interview saying "A lot of Saudi government policy, I find abhorrent, so if the deal goes through I will have to re-assess my relationship with the club, absolutely no doubt about it."

I really cannot get the mindset where you'll support the club with Ashley in charge for so long, and then re-assess with new owners. If reprehensible owners were an issue surely Ashley would have turned you away already?

People like the above will continue to go to the games, and get their name in fanzines etc, as it's not about morals for him, it's about selfishness.

Pretty much spot on.

They all talk about walking away, thing is they get more out of NUFC than they let on.

Wouldn't blame people for walking away (although I do think a lot of the people who are saying they would actually wouldn't) but I'm not going to. I've stuck with the club while Ashley has been in charge, I'd love to see a club that can actually compete at the highest levels. Supporters shouldn't be punished for supporting their club even if the owners are megacunts, and supporting your team doesn't make you complicit in what your owners do outside of football.

Seen Norman Riley from True Faith has done a BBC interview saying "A lot of Saudi government policy, I find abhorrent, so if the deal goes through I will have to re-assess my relationship with the club, absolutely no doubt about it."

I really cannot get the mindset where you'll support the club with Ashley in charge for so long, and then re-assess with new owners. If reprehensible owners were an issue surely Ashley would have turned you away already?

People like the above will continue to go to the games, and get their name in fanzines etc, as it's not about morals for him, it's about selfishness.

without derailing it back into a morality debate ashley is a saint in comparison to the Saudi goverment so it is a reasonable position to take imho

without derailing it back into a morality debate ashley is a saint in comparison to the Saudi goverment so it is a reasonable position to take imho

Exactly. Isn't the money essentially state funded wealth as well? I would be a lot more uncomfortable with this, if I didn't despise Ashley so much.

Wouldn't blame people for walking away (although I do think a lot of the people who are saying they would actually wouldn't) but I'm not going to. I've stuck with the club while Ashley has been in charge, I'd love to see a club that can actually compete at the highest levels. Supporters shouldn't be punished for supporting their club even if the owners are megacunts, and supporting your team doesn't make you complicit in what your owners do outside of football.

Clashing with your owners can be fulfilling and rewarding, but with Ashley it's not.  If these guys are ill-intentioned (or incompetent), unfurling tifos about human rights abuses or whatever would be more fun than chanting about Sports Direct being shit.

Someone from True Faith in talking bollocks shocker

I know I'll be straight back in, but you can't compare ashley with the Saudis like.  There will definitely be some people who will walk away if it happens.

Same here, and I can fully respect people who walk away. Although they should have done as soon as Ashley binned off Keegan tbh.

You do understand that not all bad things are the same? It's why murderers go to prison for longer than shoplifters.

Someone from True Faith in talking bollocks shocker

Tbf iirc he’s stopped going to home games and he’s only saying what quite a few people on here have already said

As much as I expect this to affect some people, this is nothing but virtue signalling from TF who are desperate to be seen as the real voice of supporters. Whatever happened to support the team, not the regime, does that suddenly change when your agenda does?

So a helicopter with no links to anyone involved has headed in the general direction of Newcastle but may be going elsewhere?

I'm in.

Fwiw Grim Ryder literally just tweeted that Danny Rose has just arrived at St James' to complete his deal, could well be linked?

So a helicopter with no links to anyone involved has headed in the general direction of Newcastle but may be going elsewhere?

I'm in.

Fwiw Grim Ryder literally just tweeted that Danny Rose has just arrived at St James' to complete his deal, could well be linked?

He drove.

As much as I expect this to affect some people, this is nothing but virtue signalling from TF who are desperate to be seen as the real voice of supporters. Whatever happened to support the team, not the regime, does that suddenly change when your agenda does?

Again, Norman has voiced his displeasure about Ashley and as far as i remember he hasn’t been to games and if he has he only goes away. You have to separate the writer and the fanzine. I’m sure not everyone at TF hold the same views. Michael Martin for example has completely walked away I think

The only thing sadder than people getting excited about a non-existent takeover

Is people getting on their moral high-horse (rightly or wrongly) about a non-existent takeover

Everyone knows the score and if people feel that strongly about it that's fine but ffs wait until something happens first. At this point you may as well throw Putin and Xi in there while they're at it. Even on the slim chance anything is still going on nobody but about a dozen people in the world know the planned structure.

The only thing sadder than people getting excited about a non-existent takeover

Is people getting on their moral high-horse (rightly or wrongly) about a non-existent takeover

Everyone knows the score and if people feel that strongly about it that's fine but ffs wait until something happens first. At this point you may as well throw Putin and Xi in there while they're at it. Even on the slim chance anything is still going on nobody but about a dozen people in the world know the planned structure.

:thup:

I'm in.

He drove.

Talented lad, not many footballers know how to drive a helicopter.

I'm in.

He drove.

Talented lad, not many footballers know how to drive a helicopter.

Not sure many pilots do either