Steve Brute

LoveItIfWeBeatU

"We gave the ball away cheaply on both occasions and Leicester punished us. . .  It's something we have to improve on. . . . We just lacked that bit of quality in the final third. . . I can't fault the players' efforts. . . . I can't see there being much transfer activity in January if I'm being brutally honest and that will be the same for us probably."

Good compendium of Steve Bruce's Greatest Clichés.

Our fans wouldn’t say boo to a goose to him man, not a chance

:lol: Wow!

Not in the ground on mass, not a chance yet would they, nothing would be said .

I honestly think he'd be getting fucking slaughtered if fans were in the stadium.

Anyway...

Without the potential takeover, the club is dying a very slow death of a thousand cuts. The malaise will become so ingrained, it will be everywhere and nigh impossible to turn around.

We are not that far way from all of that now. The hope the Rafa built has long gone.

"There was nothing in it in the first-half in my opinion," Bruce said afterwards.

"Unfortunately we got caught giving the ball away high up the pitch, which is something we've been guilty of a few times. We know how good Leicester are on the break and we've been punished.

"I didn’t think we deserved to lose the game. We have to improve our final pass, which lets us down at times."

Here's a look at Newcastle fans made of the defeat on Twitter.

Evan Kiropoulos: Not sure how Bruce can come away from that feeling “we deserved to win.” #NUFC

Craig Barass : The man is on a different planet and must have watched a different game.

Nothing to see here, we move on

It’s getting tedious watching us constantly on the back foot in every fucking match we play.

Every fucking match , can you remember the last time in the league we went out and took a team apart?

It’s getting tedious watching us constantly on the back foot in every fucking match we play.

Every fucking match , can you remember the last time in the league we went out and took a team apart?

Emmmm... nope, sorry, you're going to have to explain what that is?  I recognise the words but don't know what they mean in that order.  ;)

thinks we didnt deserve to get beat......

It's a bit depressing to read that.

I watched the match and throughout, I found myself thinking that, although there would be absolutely zero validity in it as a statement, it was perfect 'reality distortion' territory for him, based on what we used to hear.