Steve Brute

LoveItIfWeBeatU

We simply have too many defensive players playing too deep. The midfield two are constantly out numbered, and also have no options ahead of them. It results in them being pressed with extreme confidence by the opposition. This argument of us not being able to defend without 5 is ridiculous, we can't defend with 5. We've gone so defensive we've nullified our own defence. Last year the defenders would step out to intercept through balls and start us moving again. Now they all back off constantly.

We simply have too many defensive players playing too deep. The midfield two are constantly out numbered, and also have no options ahead of them. It results in them being pressed with extreme confidence by the opposition. This argument of us not being able to defend without 5 is ridiculous, we can't defend with 5. We've gone so defensive we've nullified our own defence. Last year the defenders would step out to intercept through balls and start us moving again. Now they all back off constantly.

we should remember we were also poor for a long stretch last season and the season before, but from late dec/jan onwards everything clicked and you're exactly right with this it's so frustrating

2 x outside CBs as deep lying playmakers carrying the ball out and playing the passes, frees up the 2 x CMs to make space for a short pass if they want it which in turn drags opposition "defenders" out of position, which in turn allows us more space to move into...we then natually move higher up the pitch as a team because we're not stood in lines pelting it up to a lone striker

how in the name of fuck a man like bruce who played and has 20 years managerial experience couldn't watch a few videos and work this out himself is staggering

On Steve Bruce getting the Newcastle United job

Simon Jordan: "We had our challenges but Steve is a brilliant manager, and I'm a major advocate of his because I know what he is.

0:00

0:44

Bruce bemused by 'strange' Joelinton stat

"When you get this [negative] narrative about 'he's this or that' I know what he was - even when we fell out, I knew what he was, that was why I was disappointed to lose him.

"He's got an opportunity at Newcastle United which has earnt.

"Clubs like Hull have been peripheral clubs - he's now at a moderately big club, I'm pleased for him, and he's a really good manager."

Alex Bruce: "I was delighted.

"Everyone knows he's a Newcastle fan, a Newcastle lad, and he's fulfilling his dream.

"He's enjoying it. He has good and bad times - obviously, it depends on results.

"He's not very happy after the result on Sunday (vs Arsenal) but he's got two big games coming up - Palace on Saturday, and fingers crossed he can get a result."

RELATED ARTICLES

Newcastle United's Allan Saint-Maximin reacts after the final whistle during the FA Cup fourth round replay match at the Kassam Stadium, Oxford.

TV pundit reckons he's got the perfect solution to sorting out Joelinton's goal-drought

Steve Bruce urges the scrapping of international friendlies or one of the cups to ease schedule

On Steve Bruce showing he's not a puppet

SJ: "When you meet Steve, you know why he was the captain of Manchester United - because he's exudes leadership, and quality that they needed as they were emerging and went onto dominate.

"Going into Newcastle, I know he wanted this job for a long time and I know back in the day there was an opportunity for him to take it but because of the situation at Palace, and Birmingham - the opportunity came around too early for him.

"It was because of the accusations of him bouncing around too many clubs. He got the job on merit.

"What his job inside Newcastle is, given the backdrop of toxicity towards the owner, was to manage his relationship with Mike Ashley, and deliver a team that doesn't portray Steve as a puppet.

"He came in after Benitez, who as far a Newcastle fans are considered can walk on water and can do no wrong - so it was a challenge, but it never came across my thoughts that he wasn't going to take that challenge and make it work."

On why the Arsenal isn't a game to judge Steve Bruce on

SJ: "There is still some work to do but if you look at that team, and the way it plays for him, if you look at the commitment on the pitch - this 4-0 result, it wasn't a 4-0 game.

"It was really poor defending for the first two goals, which Steve will probably take great umbrage to.

"It's the next game which you will judge Newcastle on, not the 4-0 defeat to Arsenal."

Simon Jordan was the same wanker who paid £4m to take Pardew off our hands. He might do the same with Bruce the way those quotes are coming across. No doubt he and BFF Big Mike will do alright out of it somewhere along the line, even if both clubs sink like a stone.

Extremely kind run of fixtures ahead of us prior to the Man City game in mid-April. I can see us winning at least three from six (starting with Palace); job done, six-year contract for Bruce, living the dream.

It's classic Ashley's NUFC to spend top whack on a striker, who doesn't score goals.

Real questions need to be asked of what the fuck the scouting network has been doing.

Network feels a bit grandiose for us [emoji38]

Does anyone know why we signed him?

Sell for a profit seems very unlikely.

Get the transfer record monkey off Ashley's back once and for all, and even better on a waste of money so they can justify never doing it again?

It's ridiculously cynical to think like that but everything's about the PR with these cunts.

They'll probably stop spending money on players, spend a few quid on the training ground and say "You asked, Mike listened".

Taking a big money gamble, that didn't pay off, isn't my issue. My issue is that...

1. Theres something very dodgy about it.

2. The club will use this as an excuse not spend big again.

3. They weren't prepared to pay half that on a proven player.