Steve Brute

LoveItIfWeBeatU

He said: "All the fans are like we are – we have to accept where we are. It’s as straightforward as that.

"My remit is to make sure that Newcastle stay and remain a Premier League outfit.

"That’s what I’ll try to achieve. That’s where we’ve been for the last three or four years.

"Of course, for Newcastle, in a lot of people’s eyes, that isn’t going to be enough.

"But that is where we are at the moment.

"We have to accept it and keep trying to move it a little bit forward."

When explaining the 2-0 loss to Man City, Bruce said: "We lacked a little bit of quality in the final third and have given the ball away for the second goal, but I couldn’t fault their effort, application or attitude towards the game."

"There’s been a lot of criticism of the way we limped out of the cup, so the one thing you need is a response.

"It was always going to be difficult coming here, but I couldn’t have asked for any more in terms of the commitment and attitude shown by them.

"I’ll let other people judge that.

"We had a bad week, but some of the mass hysteria, in my opinion, was unfair.

"A lot of it was not right, in my opinion. I’m probably going to say that, but that’s my opinion on it."

Pardew was bad man. Everyone knows sooner or later he would take us down, the squad he left was part of the reason why we did go down 18 months later.

The only thing is Pardew had lucky steaks where he would win 3,4, or 5 games in the bounce. Not through his tactics but just out of sheer luck of the fixture lists and momentum.

You saw what happened when that luck went at Crystal Palace and then WBA.

We don’t need to compare Bruce to Pardew, both were given the job because they were yes men, same with McClaren, the only other real managers Ashley has appointed.

The worst aspect about Bruce is that he pretends to be one of us when everyone knows that despite him coming from here, he’s not one of us. He’s a Man Utd fan, much like Bobby Charlton.

At the end of the day we don’t need to compare Bruce against any of our other managers, and I include Rafa with that. The stats all point to one way, the way we play points the same way, and if you compare him with other up and coming managers you can see how we can have it better.

Look at Southampton who are arguably a smaller club, or a southern version of us. They aren’t flush with money, their owner is absent, yet they have a decent academy and an ambitious manager.

Look at Villa who 2 and half years ago had Bruce and were us except in the Championship. They appoint a decent manager who knows what he is doing, keep a hold of their star player and invest well, look at how they are doing.

Look at Wolves, ok they may have connections with an agent who helps get them some of Portugal’s finest, but we should be able to compete with wages with them and could have employed a manager like theirs.

Look at Brentford. In the last 10 years they went from not having a pot to piss in, to having a set up where they constantly turn out good young player after another. They have an ambitious manager who is happy to use the players he’s been told too, and make it worse. They were unlucky last year not to come up, but despite selling 2 of their key players they still look like coming up, and their reserves beat our 1st team and everyone called when the draw was made.

Let’s look a bit left field.

I have already said about John Herdman, a Geordie who worked his way up from becoming an academy coach at Sunderland (who helped develop a young Jordan Henderson), has developed both the New Zealand and Canadian ladies teams, winning 2 Olympic medals and a gold PanAm Games medal. He now has Canada’s men’s team being one of the favourites to qualify for the World Cup.

Staying in Canada you have Bobby Smyrniotis who has worked as a coach in Europe, went back home to Canada and set up his own youth academy that has produced some of Canada’s young players. His academy was the catalyst for Canada forging their own professional Soccer League. He got the Forge FC managers job where he won them the 1st 2 CPL’s and had them playing free flowing attacking football. Why isn’t someone like him given a chance instead?

In Canada you also have Tommy Wheeldon JR who is a hybrid of Herdman and Smyrniotis. Coming from Liverpool he helped set up an academy in Calgary and the got the Calgary job where he has lead them to 2nd in their first season, actually finishing above Smyrniotis’ Forge FC, but losing in the play offs. His squad is less gung ho than Forge’s, but very organised.

I’m not saying any of those should be given our job, but it’s difficult to watch Bruce’s football and wonder why these young managers who have worked so hard and never had the opportunity at this level, then look at Bruce’s teams and realise the only reason why he keeps getting the job is because he once knew SAF.

Anyone one of those would offer much more than Bruce would in the role, and the same can be said for coaches elsewhere in the world.

It’s a closed shop for jobs for the PFM brigade man. It’s all the same agents and managers passing around their man, the retreads. It’s all crap. It’s all somehow tied back to what happened behind the scenes at our takeover - it’s never about the football club or city or the opportunity. It’s about the TV rights holders, the agents and sponsors, the fixers who grease the palms etc.

Football in the PL is a corrupt little cretinous environment. Our one shot of getting rid of the current owner and manager swiftly before this season was taken from us. And we’re stuck with this crap.