Steve Brute

LoveItIfWeBeatU

His quotes in full;

“All talks I’ve had over the last week or so have been positive and about improving the club and taking the club forward and let’s hope that this is just the start. It’s been quite hectic to say the least – it’s come out of the blue so quickly and before I know it I’m on a plane to China. It’s been a little bit surreal but I’m  delighted to be given the opportunity. I’m extremely proud and honoured to be given the position. To actually be sitting in the number one seat is quite a remarkable thing for me. I will try as best as I possibly can. I like to think every club has been in a better position after I took over – and that has to be the aim here. And just to be given a fair crack of the whip is all I ask. I’ve got a good group I’ve inherited and I’ve enjoyed working with them over the last few days. They’ve been very, very positive towards me and my staff. I’m sure they all got a lift seeing this lad walk through the door. It’s been going on for a little bit now, so to get him (Joelinton) is great for everybody. He’s got everything that a modern-day player wants. He’s big, strong and athletic, and of course he’s got age on his side too which is vitally important. He needs big broad shoulders for sure but he has that in abundance. Obviously now he needs a bit of luck along the way but he has the potential to be a top-class centre forward and we are delighted to get him here. Mike (Ashley) came in to wish myself and the staff that he hasn’t met before the best of luck. He met the new centre-forward. He took an interest in training and wished us all luck, which was good to see. I think it is always key to have a positive relationship. You need to get on with the people you work with – I am not really interested in what’s gone on before.

“So far he has been straight as a dye. I have asked him a few questions and I’ve got a few straight answers. We’re working hard to make sure we bring in one or two more. It’s rumbling on. Transfers, these days, seem to take an eternity because, obviously, they’re complicated. We’re doing everything we can. Lee Charnley is working every hour behind the scenes.

“Whether something is really, really close – I don’t think so, but I believe by the time the season kicks off we will have certainly one or two more players who can add to the squad. We know we need more…we don’t just want to settle for staying in the league. My aim is to keep improving. I know I have a big shoes to fill: whoever was sitting here was going to find it difficult. I’m from the city and Newcastle is always a result I’ve watched, certainly since I was a boy. I was deemed never good enough to play for the club; I had a chance a few years ago to manage the club that I regretted. This time I had to grasp it. I’ve come into it with my eyes wide open. I’m a resilient so-and-so and I just hope I’m given a fair crack of the whip and for the fans to give me a chance. I’m confident. I’m terribly disappointed by what’s happened at Sheff Wed. I thought I shook the hand of the owner. The pull of this club was too great. I couldn’t give up the opportunity.

There was no hesitation at all (when offered the job). No, no, no. Not at all. It would have been the easy thing to say no. Being at the stadium yesterday, even when it is empty, it was like goosebump stuff. At the end of the day, I am a Geordie and that is probably the reason I am sitting here. It could have been quite easy to say ‘Nah’ because I was aware of the problems, aware they wwere big shoes to fill. But I would have regretted it to give up that opportunity. Listen, I’m not going to speak about Rafa, but he’s ended up going and working in China… which is fair enough. It’s got nothing to do with me about ambition or the rest of it; my ambition was to manage Newcastle and take it forward. That ambition of mine has burned for a very, very long time. I’m delighted to be given the opportunity. I’m not going to be anybody’s yes man. I’m too long in the tooth for that. I’ve heard it said that I’m a puppet or not in charge of transfers or what have you, but I can only report on how he’s been with myself and he’s been straight down the line in the conversations I’ve had. That can only be a good thing. I’m not his bagman or anything else. I will certainly be my own man, I always have. And all I can ask is to be given a chance. Whoever was going to be sitting here would find it difficult, with the support (Rafa) had from the fans – it was quite phenomenal. Unbelievable. Whoever was sitting here would have big shoes to fill, but let me have a crack.”

No. Fuck off.

My personal view, I've always quite liked Steve Bruce. I don't think he's a very good manager (certainly a massive downgrade on Rafa), but I've always liked him as a guy. Nothing I've seen so far has changed that. I personally do believe that he has the club at heart (I know a couple of his close friends and he is definitely NUFC through and through... always has been). I don't blame him for taking the job... any NUFC fan who was offered it would jump at the chance thinking that they could make it tick again.

I just can't bring myself to be particularly angry at a guy who has fallen on his feet and taken a dream job. We all would have done it too.

I am an outsider so feel free to disregard this post.

Couple of points. Why is he is NUFC through and through a criteria to fill the most the important position in a 100 million dollar operation? This point is not just at Newcastle but at other clubs also. It also seems to be a common line to justify PFM appointments at other places.

I get it if the person has a unique connection, best placed to incorporate a style of football due to his past connection with the club like Guardiola or Keegan. Or the person can use his legendary status to make changes which other people cant, like Zidane. But otherwise, does it matter? Especially with someone as shit as a resume as Bruce. I am dreading the time, the calls for Gerrard to take over, start in the media.

If he is definitely NUFC through and through and has the club at heart, why did he manage Sunderland? It is not like he needed the money? He had opportunities to manage NUFC in the past which he turned down.

Steve Bruce might have a soft spot for NUFC, but let us be honest. He is here because at this stage in his career, no other club with even half the profile of NUFC in the premier league would touch him with a bargepole. That is the only reason. He probably cannot believe the fact that he is at a PL club. He also knows that even if he fails miserably, as long as he is being discussed in the media (which your club will ensure due to its profile), PFMs are like whac-a-mole, will pop up somewhere.

Bang on. Anyone falling for some sort of 'local lad' agenda is naive for a catalogue of reasons.

Well , now that the dust is settling on this one , my only hope is that bruce will turn agent bruce ,and will start calling ashley out in the near future over transfers , training ground improvements , paint etc and showing a bit of fight on behalf of the fans( a bit like rafa did) thus creating fury like never before and in turn driving the fat cunt out at long last.

He would be a fucking legend! I would personally build his statue.jeez this would be amazing!

Guest Howaythetoon

Steve Bruce is Steve Bruce through and through. If he was Newcastle through and through, he would still be at Sheff Wed. Rafa wasn’t a Geordie, but he got the club, city and fans to the point where just getting paid to keep Ashley’s gravy boat from sinking, would be tantamount to deceit and fraud, to the fans, the players and himself and his own staff. He gave too much of a damn to be that man, another Pardew or Bruce. He cared enough to walk away which would have hurt him and made him sad. Not even a Geordie and he showed more backbone, more pride, more integrity and respect for the club’s history, honour and standing than 99% of the people here in Newcastle who wouldn’t even walk away from buying a pie inside the stadium never mind one match. My pie comes with loyalty points, I can’t risk it.

Bruce is Pardew all over again, only he will care a bit more, try a bit harder, want to do more. And when he fucks up, no-one will be hurting as much as him, no-one will work harder to turn things around, it’s not his fault players are injured, aren’t trying hard enough. Lady Luck, rub of the green, everything and anything will be used to absolve him of any responsibility. The media will go easy on him as an Englishman, as a Geordie, as a good honest man, managing his boyhood team, his dream job.

Ashley will get some flack, recruitment will be blamed, players’ transfer fees will be used as wastes of money and so on.

Ashley will dodge all game flack and Bruce will be given all the time he needs as they have complete faith in him. Avoiding relegation will be heralded as success, Rafa’s top 10 will be used as a one off, overachievement and unrealistic. Clubs are spending 100m and more and not even finishing as high.

The nightmare will end only with a relegation or if Bruce gets offered more money at another PL club. Pardew all over again. 8 years or 2 or 4 or 1, nothing changes, just different names and faces, same old shit.

Rafa took responsibility for everything and held himself, his staff, the players and the owner and his cronies accountable and to task. On our behalf, our club and the people of Newcastle, the fans.

Fighting, demanding better, Newcastle through and through, one of us, someone for us to pin our badge to.

And Ashley let him walk, something Bruce will never do, he’d walk over hot fire and your dead body if Steve Bruce benefitted. He’s Bruce through and through.

I can forgive him though just as I can forgive the players, they aren’t here for the club, for us fans, for the city, they play for themselves, for their self interests, their careers. They owe us no loyalty, just clocking in and out and putting a reasonable shift in during work hours.

Bruce owes us no loyalty, he didn’t play for the club, he might be a local lad, but he’s not here for his people.

We’d be delusional if we thought otherwise.

As delusional as Rafa would have been to stick around under an influence of incompetence, neglect, sabotage, lies, deceit, fraud and false promises.

He’s loyal to none of that or money, ego, self promotion, big transfer budgets, European football, medals. He’s loyal to the game, his position, to the football club and it’s people, the fans. He’s Newcastle through and through, he’s Liverpool through and through, he’s football through and through.

Those left are loyal to themselves, their own interests, the owner and the wages he and his club pays and the product he’s selling.

Rafa was buying non of it and couldn’t be paid enough for his loyalty.

So he walked.

Who would have thought a middle aged Spaniard was more loyal to Newcastle United than the vast majority of supporters who if they were NUFC through and through, would have followed him out the door.

Loyal? To what, to who, for who, the players? The team? The club?

You don’t need a season ticket to support NUFC, or a replica shirt or anything. You just need to care. Fans can be loyal to no one man, be it Keegan or Shearer, or one team, be it Rafa’s or KK’s. That’s why when they come and go WE remain. We are loyal to NUFC, not trophies, star players, league finishes, divisions, fixtures, Cup runs, European football, entertainment.

Those that are left, those that remain, there is zero loyalty among them and therefore when a manager suddenly starts blaming everyone and everything for fucking up, don’t cry and moan, he’s just doing what’s natural, or when a player hands in a transfer request, refuses to play, is lazy or feigns an injury. Don’t cry and moan when anyone demonstrates where their true loyalties lie in all of this, manager, players, owner, because your own loyalty to Newcastle United, your club, the city, has been bought by Mike Ashley and don’t fucking dare complain about anything because you’re getting exactly what your money buys and so is Mike, his own football team with a lifetime of loyal customers.

You stay put, show some loyalty, after all, you’re Mike Ashley FC through and through are you not?

You aren’t Newcastle United through and through and never will be.

Good luck with your team and all the best for the relegation battle.

Guest reefatoon

By the time I finished reading that we had been relegated twice, taken over, promoted twice and won the champions league.

My personal view, I've always quite liked Steve Bruce. I don't think he's a very good manager (certainly a massive downgrade on Rafa), but I've always liked him as a guy. Nothing I've seen so far has changed that. I personally do believe that he has the club at heart (I know a couple of his close friends and he is definitely NUFC through and through... always has been). I don't blame him for taking the job... any NUFC fan who was offered it would jump at the chance thinking that they could make it tick again.

I just can't bring myself to be particularly angry at a guy who has fallen on his feet and taken a dream job. We all would have done it too.

Couple of points. Why is he is NUFC through and through a criteria to fill the most the important position in a 100 million dollar operation? This point is not just at Newcastle but at other clubs also. It also seems to be a common line to justify PFM appointments at other places.

I get it if the person has a unique connection, best placed to incorporate a style of football due to his past connection with the club like Guardiola or Keegan. Or the person can use his legendary status to make changes which other people cant, like Zidane. But otherwise, does it matter? Especially with someone as shit as a resume as Bruce. I am dreading the time, the calls for Gerrard to take over, start in the media.

If he is definitely NUFC through and through and has the club at heart, why did he manage Sunderland? It is not like he needed the money? He had opportunities to manage NUFC in the past which he turned down.

Steve Bruce might have a soft spot for NUFC, but let us be honest. He is here because at this stage in his career, no other club with even half the profile of NUFC in the premier league would touch him with a bargepole. That is the only reason. He probably cannot believe the fact that he is at a PL club. He also knows that even if he fails miserably, as long as he is being discussed in the media (which your club will ensure due to its profile), PFMs are like whac-a-mole, will pop up somewhere.

Part of the reason you dread the media calls for Gerrard for manager at Liverpool is because you know some numpties will go along with it because he is a local hero. It's a free pass basically.

Great post though, especially on the money about how Bruce was never going to turn it down considering how low his standing in the game was before Ashley handed him a lifeline.

So of the managers appointed in Ashley's reign

Keegan - went the sentimental route to try win fans over

Kinnear - joke of a man never had a job for years

Shearer - legend trying to stave off relegation last throw of desperate dice

Hughton - never had a managers job kind of fell into the role

Pardew - sacked by a league 1 club

Carver - never had a managers job before

McLaren - sacked by a championship club

Rafa - complete anomaly totally out of the norm

Bruce - so far down on his stock sacked by Villa and given a job by sheff wed championship material at best

That's some fucking record jesus christ man

So of the managers appointed in Ashley's reign

Keegan - went the sentimental route to try win fans over

Kinnear - joke of a man never had a job for years

Shearer - legend trying to stave off relegation last throw of desperate dice

Hughton - never had a managers job kind of fell into the role

Pardew - sacked by a league 1 club

Carver - never had a managers job before

McLaren - sacked by a championship club

Rafa - complete anomaly totally out of the norm

Bruce - so far down on his stock sacked by Villa and given a job by sheff wed championship material at best

That's some f***ing record jesus christ man

So out of touch they probably thought Bruce was one of us and we would lap it up.

never seen a bad post from this lad, always on the fucking money :thup:

Martin Samuel of the Daily Mail The Discman of N-O

A greedy, disgusting, snivelling patsy bastard who couldn’t dream of being a tenth of our former manger. A true cunt is one who shits where he eats. Ladies and gentlemen, Steve Bruce.

Martin Samuel of the Daily Mail The Discman of N-O

A greedy, disgusting, snivelling patsy b****** who couldn’t dream of being a tenth of our former manger. A true c*** is one who s***s where he eats. Ladies and gentlemen, Steve Bruce.

Yep he's the tipping point for me. The fat mackem manure fake Newcastle fan shithead is just  petrol to the flames

His quotes in full;

“All talks I’ve had over the last week or so have been positive and about improving the club and taking the club forward and let’s hope that this is just the start. It’s been quite hectic to say the least – it’s come out of the blue so quickly and before I know it I’m on a plane to China. It’s been a little bit surreal but I’m  delighted to be given the opportunity. I’m extremely proud and honoured to be given the position. To actually be sitting in the number one seat is quite a remarkable thing for me. I will try as best as I possibly can. I like to think every club has been in a better position after I took over – and that has to be the aim here. And just to be given a fair crack of the whip is all I ask. I’ve got a good group I’ve inherited and I’ve enjoyed working with them over the last few days. They’ve been very, very positive towards me and my staff. I’m sure they all got a lift seeing this lad walk through the door. It’s been going on for a little bit now, so to get him (Joelinton) is great for everybody. He’s got everything that a modern-day player wants. He’s big, strong and athletic, and of course he’s got age on his side too which is vitally important. He needs big broad shoulders for sure but he has that in abundance. Obviously now he needs a bit of luck along the way but he has the potential to be a top-class centre forward and we are delighted to get him here. Mike (Ashley) came in to wish myself and the staff that he hasn’t met before the best of luck. He met the new centre-forward. He took an interest in training and wished us all luck, which was good to see. I think it is always key to have a positive relationship. You need to get on with the people you work with – I am not really interested in what’s gone on before.

“So far he has been straight as a dye. I have asked him a few questions and I’ve got a few straight answers. We’re working hard to make sure we bring in one or two more. It’s rumbling on. "Transfers, these days, seem to take an eternity because, obviously, they’re complicated. We’re doing everything we can." Lee Charnley is working every hour behind the scenes.

“Whether something is really, really close – I don’t think so, but I believe by the time the season kicks off we will have certainly one or two more players who can add to the squad. We know we need more…we don’t just want to settle for staying in the league. My aim is to keep improving. I know I have a big shoes to fill: whoever was sitting here was going to find it difficult. I’m from the city and Newcastle is always a result I’ve watched, certainly since I was a boy. I was deemed never good enough to play for the club; I had a chance a few years ago to manage the club that I regretted. This time I had to grasp it. I’ve come into it with my eyes wide open. I’m a resilient so-and-so and I just hope I’m given a fair crack of the whip and for the fans to give me a chance. I’m confident. I’m terribly disappointed by what’s happened at Sheff Wed. I thought I shook the hand of the owner. The pull of this club was too great. I couldn’t give up the opportunity.

There was no hesitation at all (when offered the job). No, no, no. Not at all. It would have been the easy thing to say no. Being at the stadium yesterday, even when it is empty, it was like goosebump stuff. At the end of the day, I am a Geordie and that is probably the reason I am sitting here. It could have been quite easy to say ‘Nah’ because I was aware of the problems, aware they wwere big shoes to fill. But I would have regretted it to give up that opportunity. Listen, I’m not going to speak about Rafa, but he’s ended up going and working in China… which is fair enough. It’s got nothing to do with me about ambition or the rest of it; my ambition was to manage Newcastle and take it forward. That ambition of mine has burned for a very, very long time. I’m delighted to be given the opportunity. I’m not going to be anybody’s yes man. I’m too long in the tooth for that. I’ve heard it said that I’m a puppet or not in charge of transfers or what have you, but I can only report on how he’s been with myself and he’s been straight down the line in the conversations I’ve had. That can only be a good thing. I’m not his bagman or anything else. I will certainly be my own man, I always have. And all I can ask is to be given a chance. Whoever was going to be sitting here would find it difficult, with the support (Rafa) had from the fans – it was quite phenomenal. Unbelievable. Whoever was sitting here would have big shoes to fill, but let me have a crack.”

I think Ashley has been telling him what to say. Club propaganda at it's finest.

Even clearer Ashley's told him what to say now. They're both singing off the same hymn-sheet (KBA).

never seen a bad post from this lad, always on the fucking money :thup:

Yep, always worth reading his views. He gets it a lot more than some actual supporters of the club, that's the mad thing.  :lol:

Steve Bruce is Steve Bruce through and through. If he was Newcastle through and through, he would still be at Sheff Wed. Rafa wasn’t a Geordie, but he got the club, city and fans to the point where just getting paid to keep Ashley’s gravy boat from sinking, would be tantamount to deceit and fraud, to the fans, the players and himself and his own staff. He gave too much of a damn to be that man, another Pardew or Bruce. He cared enough to walk away which would have hurt him and made him sad. Not even a Geordie and he showed more backbone, more pride, more integrity and respect for the club’s history, honour and standing than 99% of the people here in Newcastle who wouldn’t even walk away from buying a pie inside the stadium never mind one match. My pie comes with loyalty points, I can’t risk it.

Bruce is Pardew all over again, only he will care a bit more, try a bit harder, want to do more. And when he fucks up, no-one will be hurting as much as him, no-one will work harder to turn things around, it’s not his fault players are injured, aren’t trying hard enough. Lady Luck, rub of the green, everything and anything will be used to absolve him of any responsibility. The media will go easy on him as an Englishman, as a Geordie, as a good honest man, managing his boyhood team, his dream job.

Ashley will get some flack, recruitment will be blamed, players’ transfer fees will be used as wastes of money and so on.

Ashley will dodge all game flack and Bruce will be given all the time he needs as they have complete faith in him. Avoiding relegation will be heralded as success, Rafa’s top 10 will be used as a one off, overachievement and unrealistic. Clubs are spending 100m and more and not even finishing as high.

The nightmare will end only with a relegation or if Bruce gets offered more money at another PL club. Pardew all over again. 8 years or 2 or 4 or 1, nothing changes, just different names and faces, same old shit.

Rafa took responsibility for everything and held himself, his staff, the players and the owner and his cronies accountable and to task. On our behalf, our club and the people of Newcastle, the fans.

Fighting, demanding better, Newcastle through and through, one of us, someone for us to pin our badge to.

And Ashley let him walk, something Bruce will never do, he’d walk over hot fire and your dead body if Steve Bruce benefitted. He’s Bruce through and through.

I can forgive him though just as I can forgive the players, they aren’t here for the club, for us fans, for the city, they play for themselves, for their self interests, their careers. They owe us no loyalty, just clocking in and out and putting a reasonable shift in during work hours.

Bruce owes us no loyalty, he didn’t play for the club, he might be a local lad, but he’s not here for his people.

We’d be delusional if we thought otherwise.

As delusional as Rafa would have been to stick around under an influence of incompetence, neglect, sabotage, lies, deceit, fraud and false promises.

He’s loyal to none of that or money, ego, self promotion, big transfer budgets, European football, medals. He’s loyal to the game, his position, to the football club and it’s people, the fans. He’s Newcastle through and through, he’s Liverpool through and through, he’s football through and through.

Those left are loyal to themselves, their own interests, the owner and the wages he and his club pays and the product he’s selling.

Rafa was buying non of it and couldn’t be paid enough for his loyalty.

So he walked.

Who would have thought a middle aged Spaniard was more loyal to Newcastle United than the vast majority of supporters who if they were NUFC through and through, would have followed him out the door.

Loyal? To what, to who, for who, the players? The team? The club?

You don’t need a season ticket to support NUFC, or a replica shirt or anything. You just need to care. Fans can be loyal to no one man, be it Keegan or Shearer, or one team, be it Rafa’s or KK’s. That’s why when they come and go WE remain. We are loyal to NUFC, not trophies, star players, league finishes, divisions, fixtures, Cup runs, European football, entertainment.

Those that are left, those that remain, there is zero loyalty among them and therefore when a manager suddenly starts blaming everyone and everything for fucking up, don’t cry and moan, he’s just doing what’s natural, or when a player hands in a transfer request, refuses to play, is lazy or feigns an injury. Don’t cry and moan when anyone demonstrates where their true loyalties lie in all of this, manager, players, owner, because your own loyalty to Newcastle United, your club, the city, has been bought by Mike Ashley and don’t fucking dare complain about anything because you’re getting exactly what your money buys and so is Mike, his own football team with a lifetime of loyal customers.

You stay put, show some loyalty, after all, you’re Mike Ashley FC through and through are you not?

You aren’t Newcastle United through and through and never will be.

Good luck with your team and all the best for the relegation battle.

Good Post.

I think the only thing you have missed is how clever Ashley´s people are in the selection of the new manager, knowing they have a great firewall to the possible backlash... Why did they pay 4 million when other much better managers were available? Why did they go for a manager with absolutely no category whatsoever? ...

because he was a Geordie they could easily spin on his arrival and use the homegrown ticket to avoid a complete and full backlash from the fans. Also, Knowing Bruce would come out spouting his love for the club and churning out soundbites to at least calm/connect (one of "our own"). You have to take into account that I suppose half of our fanbase isn´t media savvy and this lot are best placed to swallow the strategy in place.

I hope Rafa hits back today or tomorrow, just for the sake of those "out of the loop" or gullible enough to soak up the shi** that he came out with yesterday. It only takes a modicum of intelligence to weigh up the events over the last 12 years and come to the conclusion of who to believe...

As an outsider you've nailed it.

Fucking absolute moron. Why the fuck did he play some kids for the first half? Yeah we have a small squad but we have 2 games left to get some fitness into our players. Aside from those who are injured, as well as Almiron, and Joelinton, everyone who is supposed to be in his first team should have started today and played as much as they could.

The guy doesn’t have a fucking clue.