Steve Brute

LoveItIfWeBeatU

passion & quality are very different

Rafa has a cold approach to players Steven Gerrard will attest to that. Apparently the training ground is a happier place with Bruce. Rafa isn't really a players manager where as Bruce is but invariably there the worst ones

Guest Yerdas El Savon

God I hate him. Has there even been a manager so hated before he's even took a competitive game!?

Rafa at Chelsea

Big Sam at Everton

Rafa has a cold approach to players Steven Gerrard will attest to that. Apparently the training ground is a happier place with Bruce. Rafa isn't really a players manager where as Bruce is but invariably there the worst ones

I'm normally happier at parties than at work. Guess where I'm more productive though?

God I hate him. Has there even been a manager so hated before he's even took a competitive game!?

Rafa at Chelsea

Big Sam at Everton

Allardyce at West Ham too.

Fuck me, man. Just go and find something else to do. Being a WUM is so pathetic :lol:

Rafa at Chelsea

Big Sam at Everton

McLaren at Newcastle

Nah, most people were happy to give McClaren a chance after Pardew/Carver

Rafa at Chelsea

Big Sam at Everton

McLaren at Newcastle

Pardew at Newcastle

Fucking absolute moron. Why the fuck did he play some kids for the first half? Yeah we have a small squad but we have 2 games left to get some fitness into our players. Aside from those who are injured, as well as Almiron, and Joelinton, everyone who is supposed to be in his first team should have started today and played as much as they could.

The guy doesn’t have a fucking clue.

There'll be plenty of opportunities to express foam-flecked rage, this is just a pre-season friendly, not worth getting that wound up about. :lol:

I was reading an article from Louise Taylor after Bruce was sacked by Sunderland in 2011 where he was labelled a dinosaur manager because he was averse to modern technology and tactics. I decided to look at the managers Bruce was competing against for him to have such a damning label attached to him.

The managers in the Premier League in 2011 and I have included managers from the previous season - Wenger, Ferguson, McLeish, Kean, Di Matteo, Moyes, Jol, Dalglish, Mancini, Pardew, Lambert, Hughes, O'Neill, Rodgers, Redknapp, Martinez, Warnock, McCarthy, Villas Boas. Houiller, Holloway, Coyle, Hodgson, Hughton and Allardyce.

The managers in the Premier League this season - Guardiola, Klopp, Pochettino, Lampard, Emery, Solskjaer, Silva, Rodgers, Nuno Santos, Dyche, Hodgson, Wilder, Smith, Potter, Howe, Farke, Hasenhuttl, Gracia and Pellegrini.

Look at the difference in quality of manager between when Bruce was at Sunderland nearly 10 years ago and now at Newcastle. In 2011 it was full of pfms and excluding Wenger and Ferguson barely a handful of those managers are in top jobs at the moment. A few of them are either struggling to get work or have been filtered down to the lower leagues while others probably wouldn't be considered for a job at other Premier League clubs. Lambert when he first arrived on the manager scene was seen as an exciting young manager along with the likes of Coyle yet now they are probably only good enough to manage a decent League 1 team.

Then look at todays managers in the Premier League and even midtable teams have managers like Pellegrini that would have been good enough to lead a Premier League team to challenge for the title during Bruce's time at Sunderland. All these managers nowadays or the vast majority of them are all in touch with the modern game in terms of tactics and taking into consideration the importance of science and data for preparing their teams for the season with Bruce being the exception.

The point I'm making is Bruce is going to be so out of his depth at Premier League level next season. He might just about get by if Benitez's methods don't wear off too quickly, but I just can't see him lasting a full season similar to McClaren. He has no business managing a Premier League club especially when you look how he struggled to get Villa out of the Championship despite all the money and quality he had at his disposal. It wouldn't surprise me even with more spent Bruce will struggle to get half the points Benitez managed to get the last 2 seasons.