Steve Brute

LoveItIfWeBeatU

Guest covmag

:yikes:

I was reading an article from Louise Taylor after Bruce was sacked by Sunderland in 2011 where he was labelled a dinosaur manager because he was averse to modern technology and tactics. I decided to look at the managers Bruce was competing against for him to have such a damning label attached to him.

The managers in the Premier League in 2011 and I have included managers from the previous season - Wenger, Ferguson, McLeish, Kean, Di Matteo, Moyes, Jol, Dalglish, Mancini, Pardew, Lambert, Hughes, O'Neill, Rodgers, Redknapp, Martinez, Warnock, McCarthy, Villas Boas. Houiller, Holloway, Coyle, Hodgson, Hughton and Allardyce.

The managers in the Premier League this season - Guardiola, Klopp, Pochettino, Lampard, Emery, Solskjaer, Silva, Rodgers, Nuno Santos, Dyche, Hodgson, Wilder, Smith, Potter, Howe, Farke, Hasenhuttl, Gracia and Pellegrini.

Look at the difference in quality of manager between when Bruce was at Sunderland nearly 10 years ago and now at Newcastle. In 2011 it was full of pfms and excluding Wenger and Ferguson barely a handful of those managers are in top jobs at the moment. A few of them are either struggling to get work or have been filtered down to the lower leagues while others probably wouldn't be considered for a job at other Premier League clubs. Lambert when he first arrived on the manager scene was seen as an exciting young manager along with the likes of Coyle yet now they are probably only good enough to manage a decent League 1 team.

Then look at todays managers in the Premier League and even midtable teams have managers like Pellegrini that would have been good enough to lead a Premier League team to challenge for the title during Bruce's time at Sunderland. All these managers nowadays or the vast majority of them are all in touch with the modern game in terms of tactics and taking into consideration the importance of science and data for preparing their teams for the season with Bruce being the exception.

The point I'm making is Bruce is going to be so out of his depth at Premier League level next season. He might just about get by if Benitez's methods don't wear off too quickly, but I just can't see him lasting a full season similar to McClaren. He has no business managing a Premier League club especially when you look how he struggled to get Villa out of the Championship despite all the money and quality he had at his disposal. It wouldn't surprise me even with more spent Bruce will struggle to get half the points Benitez managed to get the last 2 seasons.

Great spot, though we knew he’s shite, food for thought and together with toxic crowd, poor squad and a fat cunt at the helm it all makes for failure.

Failure we can spot but a super dooper businessman can’t, no wonder the cunt will go bust soon.

Absolutely deserve one another

I was reading an article from Louise Taylor after Bruce was sacked by Sunderland in 2011 where he was labelled a dinosaur manager because he was averse to modern technology and tactics. I decided to look at the managers Bruce was competing against for him to have such a damning label attached to him.

The managers in the Premier League in 2011 and I have included managers from the previous season - Wenger, Ferguson, McLeish, Kean, Di Matteo, Moyes, Jol, Dalglish, Mancini, Pardew, Lambert, Hughes, O'Neill, Rodgers, Redknapp, Martinez, Warnock, McCarthy, Villas Boas. Houiller, Holloway, Coyle, Hodgson, Hughton and Allardyce.

The managers in the Premier League this season - Guardiola, Klopp, Pochettino, Lampard, Emery, Solskjaer, Silva, Rodgers, Nuno Santos, Dyche, Hodgson, Wilder, Smith, Potter, Howe, Farke, Hasenhuttl, Gracia and Pellegrini.

Look at the difference in quality of manager between when Bruce was at Sunderland nearly 10 years ago and now at Newcastle. In 2011 it was full of pfms and excluding Wenger and Ferguson barely a handful of those managers are in top jobs at the moment. A few of them are either struggling to get work or have been filtered down to the lower leagues while others probably wouldn't be considered for a job at other Premier League clubs. Lambert when he first arrived on the manager scene was seen as an exciting young manager along with the likes of Coyle yet now they are probably only good enough to manage a decent League 1 team.

Then look at todays managers in the Premier League and even midtable teams have managers like Pellegrini that would have been good enough to lead a Premier League team to challenge for the title during Bruce's time at Sunderland. All these managers nowadays or the vast majority of them are all in touch with the modern game in terms of tactics and taking into consideration the importance of science and data for preparing their teams for the season with Bruce being the exception.

The point I'm making is Bruce is going to be so out of his depth at Premier League level next season. He might just about get by if Benitez's methods don't wear off too quickly, but I just can't see him lasting a full season similar to McClaren. He has no business managing a Premier League club especially when you look how he struggled to get Villa out of the Championship despite all the money and quality he had at his disposal. It wouldn't surprise me even with more spent Bruce will struggle to get half the points Benitez managed to get the last 2 seasons.

There are far more ambitious appointments being made by championship clubs. Giving the job to Bruce is nothing more than a piss take by Ashley, and those who are deluded enough to think he should be given a fair chance will change their tune soon enough as this season looks like being a repeat of the Mcclaren era.

I was seriously expecting a hipster no namer from Germany or France or Gio. The Bruce thing boggles my mind because it directly contradicts what he said about Rafa in terms of quality. His reasoning for Bruce is the line of thought of a psychotic idiot.

I was seriously expecting a hipster no namer from Germany or France or Gio. The Bruce thing boggles my mind because it directly contradicts what he said about Rafa in terms of quality. His reasoning for Bruce is the line of thought of a psychotic idiot.

He was apparently 11th choice tbf :lol:

He was apparently 11th choice tbf :lol:

Aye if you believe that shit.

Shearer reckons Rafa was worth 15 points a season. I reckon Dubs is worth 12, so if he goes that's 27 points less next season so relegated by Xmas.

Well done Mike

Rondon & Perez too.

Relegation seems to be the target this season.

I think its part of the advertising strategy.

Lots of headines and publicity when we go down.then if we come back up after 8 month another load of publicity (like a brand refresher)

Id imagine the new expensive player(s) will have watertight contracts with big buyouts which will keep them at the club if not met.thus maintaining a 'quality' championship squad .

Come on.. everything in life is cyclical..it wont be long before tactics and sports science isnt hip and more. Bruce will be ahead of the game and a revolutionary. He is like Tom Hanks in big.. "i dont get it"...  i love it, make him executive. That's just the out the box thinking we need.

What's funny is that for all the goodwill from British football journalists, none of them have yet done an article which describes what makes Bruce a good coach.

Unless being a nice friend to the players is reckoned to be a winning asset.

Im interested to see how big our injury list gets this season .

after this last 3 yrs it can only deteriate through either badluck ,or poor training/conditioning /player motivation.

It will remind us all how shallow our squads really are.

No contingencies whatsoever , because it doesnt matter.

Aye it’s a return back to normalcy. Injuries and bummings before we show up.

aye wait til the give him a chance brigade get a look at a few 5-0's and so on...they'll be crying into their microwave paellas

Looking at the fixtures in the first couple of months, we could be well on the way to shipping 20+, lose Dubs and I’d say the odds shorten dramatically 🥺

From .com

If there was a positive for him here though, it was the favourable reception afforded to him by the travelling support: pro-Bruce chants louder than anti-Ashley vocalising and the only mention of a certain Spaniard coming from Bruce himself in his post-match quotes.

Grim

From .com

If there was a positive for him here though, it was the favourable reception afforded to him by the travelling support: pro-Bruce chants louder than anti-Ashley vocalising and the only mention of a certain Spaniard coming from Bruce himself in his post-match quotes.

Grim

Urgh

Will miss the strong finish to the season we always had under Rafa. The regime he had players working under meant that after an invariably tough start and a disappointing Christmas, we always looked as though we had that little bit extra in the tank come February. We could give anyone a game then.

Will Bruce be sacked if he’s predictably shite? Or will MA risk sticking his investment on ice in the champo until wor Brewcie can bring them back up?

From .com

Grim

That is the grimmest and most despairing thing I've ever read about our fans

Guest Yerdas El Savon

Not surprising though, is it? People who still go to games are the 'support the team, not the regime' fans. They'll do what they can to support the team and manager.