Steve Brute

LoveItIfWeBeatU

Guest chopey

Can't wait for his "if you score 3 goals we'll score 2 tactics" to come into effect and I hope Shearer doesn't give him an easy time on MOTD because it's his mate.

Pretty sure Dyche will be here at some point under Ashley :lol:

Can’t imagine him being too happy with the transfer policy though. He’ll not be able to make such inspirational signings as Jay Rodriguez and Eric Pieters  :lol:

Guest chopey

He will. I think he’ll say he’s got an impossible job. He hasn’t, he’s just shite.

He warned him off, I hope its more I told you so.

He will. I think he’ll say he’s got an impossible job. He hasn’t, he’s just shite.

He should still be able to make a fist of it. The team is only Perez & Rondon for Saint-Maximin & Joelinton different. Almiron and those two should be able to manage 25 between them? It’s firmly on Bruce if he can’t do anything with the team. 15th-16th should be the minimum he should achieve.

He should still be able to make a fist of it. The team is only Perez & Rondon for Saint-Maximin & Joelinton different. Almiron and those two should be able to manage 25 between them? It’s firmly on Bruce if he can’t do anything with the team. 15th-16th should be the minimum he should achieve.

Don't know if that's tongue in cheek, but for all the fancy tricks and flicks in the new front three, I am not sure that will translate into actual goals. Seems eerily similar to the McClaren season when we had Mitro, Perez and Wijnaldum promising so much.

I'm not so worried about going us forward, while we have decent defenders a lack of Rafa sorting out our defence gives me chills.

Yep. Which is why Bruce should still get stick from the media if he does shit. I think there’s still coaches out there who could have got results with these players. It’s only really a better RWB and CM now from a lower mid-table starting XI.

I'm not so worried about going us forward, while we have decent defenders a lack of Rafa sorting out our defence gives me chills.

Yep. Which is why Bruce should still get stick from the media if he does shit. I think there’s still coaches out there who could have got results with these players. It’s only really a better RWB and CM now from a lower mid-table starting XI.

Aye, reckon we are only a couple of players from having a squad good enough to stay up.

That front three you mentioned scored more than the front three last season. McClaren wasn’t good enough to do anything as a team, same way Bruce won’t be able to.

Could be. I think Rafa's strength is in getting more from a team than the sum of it's parts. I have no idea what Bruce is about even after 20 years as a manager. That might just be me, but I suspect it's more likely because he's done nothing to show he can fashion a team into any particular style. He's another Mark Hughes isn't he?

The club is s**** while Ashley is owner, but I could probably watch a few matches on the tv even if someone like Van Bronckhorst or Arteta were manager and were given the signings Bruce has been given. It was exciting under Benitez seeing the revolution of the squad with changes in tactics and team shape and we might have saw something like that under Arteta. However under Bruce it will be a mess and it will be like the Pardew days where he hopes individual quality will bail him out when the team is in trouble.

I think Bruce is going to do worse than McClaren because he is less suited to the position of head coach than McClaren was. It shows how s**** Bruce is as a manager when he thinks one of the hardest working teams in the league last season need to run more to improve themselves. I actually don't blame McClaren as much for the club being relegated a few years ago compared to other fans. He should have never been given the job in the first place, but there were just too many holes in a very unbalanced squad after years of under investment after the 5th place season that he was always going to fail. Bruce has at least the foundations Benitez built, but he is just not capable of coaching the talented players he has at his disposal now.

The whole player signing thing is just fucking bizarre to me. It’s absilutely nonsensical, and entirely stereotypical, of that fat cunt to get in some players with promise, and yet steadfastly refuse to invest in a decent manager.

The whole player signing thing is just fucking bizarre to me. It’s absilutely nonsensical, and entirely stereotypical, of that fat cunt to get in some players with promise, and yet steadfastly refuse to invest in a decent manager.

At the end of the day he is fucking clueless about football and always has been. He is a stubborn twat. All the other obvious cuntishness aside, its about who he can get on with and have a pint with and causes him no hassle without challenge.

That front three you mentioned scored more than the front three last season. McClaren wasn’t good enough to do anything as a team, same way Bruce won’t be able to.

Is that really true btw? Joelinton and Maximin scored more goals than Rondon and Perez last season?

Is that really true btw? Joelinton and Maximin scored more goals than Rondon and Perez last season?

No

Guest neesy111

Not sure how your getting 25 goals from them 3, 15-20 I would say.

These signings are a fallacy. They've clearly been in the pipeline for months and I'd wager that they have absolutely nothing to do with the progression of the football club. We were always getting Joelinton and, given that they have the same agent, presumably ASM as well.

It's not as if the fallacy even exists either, really. Of the squad, as it stood in May, none of the gaping deficiencies have been addressed; they've just replaced like for like and we're still relying on players who we brought in for a season in the Championship.

Still can’t get my head around this appointment. :lol:

Any Head Coach with a bit of potential or track record, while I still wouldn’t go back to SJP, I’d at least be watching not wanting us to get thumped every week. Would be good seeing how this new attack pans out, whether it’ll be either Ba & Cisse or Rivière & Cabella.

Bruce’s best tactic might be just to try and shut up shop and hope Almiron, Saint-Maximin & Joelinton are good enough.

I’m looking forward to our 12% possession against Chelsea with sky telling us how well we defended and heaping praise on Bruce making us more solid.