Steve Brute

LoveItIfWeBeatU

We could have Man City’s XI and be weaker all because of who the fuckwits in charge got in to replace Rafa. We are massively down on last season regardless of who replaces who as Rafa alone was what keeps NUFC up and up well. We are now back to Pardew FC and there is a good chance Bruce will be McClaren 2.0 and a 3rd relegation is coming. If not this season another under Bruce. 

I stole this from the transfer rumours where all the talk is about players and first XIs - but HTT has hit the nail on the head here. And it got me thinking about the theory that the players didn't like Rafa - there might be certain types of players who chided under constant instruction and video tactical sessions. They might well be happier running around an extra hour of five a side while Bruce writes an XI on a napkin.

Too bad our defenders won't know which way their opponent will go anymore, or why our flair players get marked out of the game week after week. When we're three down after twenty minutes, the players look to the dugout and see... a landed fish gasping for air.

If he has the front 3 fit and available and doesn't play them he's worse than I thought tbh.

If he has 2 to choose from Shelvey, Hayden & Longstaff and Shelvey plays he's even worse again.

I fully expect him to make both calls consistently, PFM shite.

If only Andy Carroll was fit for Sunday's game, what an event it could be to open the season. With a Geordie spine and led by a manager from Wallsend, it could be such an emotional start to the season. If Ashley had any sense he'd wheel Gazza out and have them all dancing to Fog on the Tyne before kick off.

If he has the front 3 fit and available and doesn't play them he's worse than I thought tbh.

If he has 2 to choose from Shelvey, Hayden & Longstaff and Shelvey plays he's even worse again.

I fully expect him to make both calls consistently, PFM shite.

Agreed.

The absolute scenes on the touchline and in the stands when a finally fit Carroll comes on in the 89th minute to pull it back 1-1 with Norwich after being outplayed most of the match. Local Hero echoes around the stadium, with Bruce giving the fans what they want, a wave, before giving an interview to Rio Ferdinand. Rio acknowledges the poor results so far this season due to not having that bit of luck you sometimes need down the bottom of the table. Bruce claims he's stopped the rot and today he saw the kinda graft and fight he wants to see from his side as Newcastle record their first point, 24 games into the season.

Without wanting to stoke your fires, are you going to add Hayden to the list too? He's done an interview on NUFCTV praising Bruce's influence and saying it's the fittest and most prepared the team has been for a season since he joined the club. Is he another one for your collective lists? Or is there actually something in what they're saying that might actually be true, as much as you hate it to be.

Without wanting to stoke your fires, are you going to add Hayden to the list too? He's done an interview on NUFCTV praising Bruce's influence and saying it's the fittest and most prepared the team has been for a season since he joined the club. Is he another one for your collective lists? Or is there actually something in what they're saying that might actually be true, as much as you hate it to be.

It's already been mentioned several times that we were already one of the fittest teams in the league. Running a bit faster isn't going to win us matches.

The Donnay Army are conditioned to turn against anyone who leaves the club. They used to mercilessly boo Andy Carroll when he played against us as he was a traitor and now he's back on low wages he's the best thing since sliced bread as it was Mike and Steve that brought him home.