Steve Brute

LoveItIfWeBeatU

We have no chance of a trophy.

Not got past the 5th round of any cup competition in 12 years, there are league 2 sides with better cup records than us under Ashley and this stupid cunt thinks we have a chance of giving a cup run a go

Get fucked Bruce you utter fucking puppet we have no chance just like we have no chance of avoiding relegation

https://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/alan-pardew-newcastle-united-cant-5747224

They're similar to those quotes tbh, no need to say it and designed to downplay expectations and make his job easier.

Google "Pardew Newcastle can't compete" and check out the many, many instances where Pardew wanted to tell us who were bigger than us.

This is the first time Bruce has said it but it won't be the last.  And the other clubs he references will most likely get smaller and smaller.

I just don't think we need to vilify the guy for a fairly innocuous quote stating the obvious when there's so much more to go after him with.

It's not innocuous though. If you constantly tell your partner / kids that they're not good enough, they'll eventually start to believe you and will achieve less. He's telling a whole city they're not good enough. He wants us to want less for ourselves. That's the club policy - Accept less. It starts from what the manager says, he's the mouthpiece of the club.

Everyone should have aspirations. You should always try to get better, to improve, to be the very best you can. None of us should accept mediocrity, because the moment you do you're condemning yourself to just that.

What constantly telling? He said we can't win the league but we might be able to get a cup.

What do you disagree with in his statement?

What makes you think this is just about one statement? He's took on a job at a big club, don't you think he could have at least given an outline of what he expects to bring over the next season? What is it you think he will bring?

I just don't think we need to vilify the guy for a fairly innocuous quote stating the obvious when there's so much more to go after him with.

It's not innocuous though. If you constantly tell your partner / kids that they're not good enough, they'll eventually start to believe you and will achieve less. He's telling a whole city they're not good enough. He wants us to want less for ourselves. That's the club policy - Accept less. It starts from what the manager says, he's the mouthpiece of the club.

Everyone should have aspirations. You should always try to get better, to improve, to be the very best you can. None of us should accept mediocrity, because the moment you do you're condemning yourself to just that.

What constantly telling? He said we can't win the league but we might be able to get a cup.

What makes you think this is just about one statement? He's took on a job at a big club, don't you think he could have at least given an outline of what he expects to bring over the next season? What is it you think he will bring?

Because its the one statement being focused on.

I'm more pissed off at the petty comment about 12 people protesting. And how that come the season start everyone will be backing the team which shows a massive lack of any understanding to how a significant part of the fan base feels.

For me it was the casual and patronising way he's assuming there won't be a protest because Newcastle fans will always keep doing what they do, they'll show up. That's EXACTLY why Ashley is backing on and the very reason he bought the club rather than another one. Fans who are too loyal. He's been told to say it and like the spineless fat cunt he is he churns it out for Mike.

Also just reminded people that we were in the Championship 2 years ago so definitely don't expect us to be able to outspend any other team in the same division. Could have said we've spent about 23 of the previous 25 seasons in the PL, picking up big TV money most years for a quarter of a century but that one dip into the Championship means we're at a huge disadvantage to the rest of the division. It's a throwback to the pigshit Pardew used for 4 years. It's why he was hired and he's doing exactly what Ashley wants. Like a thick, timid little monkey performing for its owner.

Fuck Ashley, fuck Bruce and fuck the fans who swallow the lot.

Well change the narrative towards that statement then?

Becaue at the moment you're just talking about this one, saying that this one isn't worth talking about. Which seems kinda ironic. :lol:

FWIW I agree that the statement about 12 people protesting and that everyone will be back supporting us is abhorrent and worth being pulled up about, but that's him talking about an instant which is passed. Downplaying our expectations is probably now ongoing company policy, and whilst as a one-off not that worrying, I think people think it's probably not a one-off and will be back to the Pardew days of constantly hearing how difficult it's going to be to play the likes of Whitley Bay's under 12 girl's team.

For me it was the casual and patronising way he's assuming there won't be a protest because Newcastle fans will always keep doing what they do, they'll show up. That's EXACTLY why Ashley is backing on and the very reason he bought the club rather than another one. Fans who are too loyal. He's been told to say it and like the spineless fat cunt he is he churns it out for Mike.

Also just reminded people that we were in the Championship 2 years ago so definitely don't expect us to be able to outspend any other team in the same division. Could have said we've spent about 23 of the previous 25 seasons in the PL, picking up big TV money most years for a quarter of a century but that one dip into the Championship means we're at a huge disadvantage to the rest of the division. It's a throwback to the pigshit Pardew used for 4 years. It's why he was hired and he's doing exactly what Ashley wants. Like a thick, timid little monkey performing for its owner.

Unbelievably depressing how this isn't obvious for a massive percentage of the fanbase.

I'm more pissed off at the petty comment about 12 people protesting. And how that come the season start everyone will be backing the team which shows a massive lack of any understanding to how a significant part of the fan base feels.

It's you and Loki who are focusing on that one statement, by continually asking what's wrong with that statement. I've got no problem moving on from it and discussing Bruce's credentials on a wider basis.

All of it. Fuck off man if you seriously think they want to win a cup.

A fucking men.

A fucking men.

It's a classic business tactic. Undersell...over deliver.. oh wait we don't ever do that last part do we.

It's you and Loki who are focusing on that one statement, by continually asking what's wrong with that statement. I've got no problem moving on from it and discussing Bruce's credentials on a wider basis.

Someone has it as a signature and referred to it specifically which I was discussing. Its regrettably dragged on for several pages  :lol:

My point is that we have enough ammo without targeting a fairly innocuous comment. But yes let's move on

And what’s worse is some people are accepting the self-defeating patter and parroting the message further

It's not self-defeating. Its a fact that 15 or so teams have to deal with.

Howay man, it’s attempting to entrench a small club mentality so that we’re happy with our yo-yo club lot and I’m having none of it.

And what’s worse is some people are accepting the self-defeating patter and parroting the message further

It's not self-defeating. Its a fact that 15 or so teams have to deal with.

Howay man, it’s attempting to entrench a small club mentality so that we’re happy with our yo-yo club lot and I’m having none of it.

If that's your read then fine.

Bruce was asked what progress would look like and he rambled on for a bit before saying "Now if Hull can stay up, and get to a cup final, then I'm convinced that Newcastle...you know with that draw being lucky for you, you've gotta have a bit of luck along the way"

He's aiming to stay up as success, then can blame a tough draw when we get knocked out of the cups man. Joke of a man, and anyone defending those comments.