Steve Brute

LoveItIfWeBeatU

He keeps talking about Carroll and how good he WAS! Going to prioritise the cups and establish us in the premier league, gone full Ashley cliche! We were an established premier league club competing at the top of the table til Ashley arrived!

Didn't take long for SP to turn against Benitez, previously it had been well worth having Ashley to have him. Now his training methods are worse than Steve Bruce's. :lol:

I haven't turned against Rafa at all. I love the guy. I'm just saying that maybe just maybe the players weren't as keen on him as we were. That's all!

Or, at least, maybe there isn't as much to worry about moving forward as people think, if the players are impressed with Bruce and his team.

I guess what I'm saying is, you can't just condemn any player who has a positive word to say about Bruce, and I personally still think Bruce deserves some support. I do believe he has the club's interests at heart. Whether he is good enough to achieve what we want to achieve, I doubt, but I still think he deserves support.

Do you think it's even vaguely possible, even a 1% chance, that the players are saying they like the new manager and that he's better than the last one because every footballer says that about the new manager in every interview ever?

Or is it all genuine and 100% true this time, that the players believe Steve Bruce is a step up from Rafa Benitez?

Do you think it's even vaguely possible, even a 1% chance, that the players are saying they like the new manager and that he's better than the last one because every footballer says that about the new manager in every interview ever?

Or is it all genuine and 100% true this time, that the players believe Steve Bruce is a step up from Rafa Benitez?

Of course there's a likelihood that the players are wanting to remain positive. But I doubt very much that there'd be as many soundbites if the training was genuinely awful, or that his gameplans were bizarre etc.

I'm generally a very positive person though, so I appreciate I'm fighting a losing battle on here trying to convince anyone that everything is anything other than awful. The way I see it, there is still a lot to support there. Some good players that I grew really fond of under Rafa... they're still there. Plus a few exciting signings (two of which look really promising on first viewing). And I will give Steve Bruce some time to see whether he has any ability to get the best out of them. Life's too fucking short to be angry all the time.

Still love Rafa. Rafa should still be managing us.

Steve Bruce is a loser. Look at his record. Look at his statements in support of Mike and his lies about being in control of transfers.

Fuck Steve Bruce.

He also doesn't do tactics. This is going to get exciting as the season goes on, for all the wrong reasons if you want Ashley's club to do well.

Of course there's a likelihood that the players are wanting to remain positive. But I doubt very much that there'd be as many soundbites if the training was genuinely awful, or that his gameplans were bizarre etc.

I'm generally a very positive person though, so I appreciate I'm fighting a losing battle on here trying to convince anyone that everything is anything other than awful. The way I see it, there is still a lot to support there. Some good players that I grew really fond of under Rafa... they're still there. Plus a few exciting signings (two of which look really promising on first viewing). And I will give Steve Bruce some time to see whether he has any ability to get the best out of them. Life's too fucking short to be angry all the time.

Do you honestly think players would say anything negative about Bruce to the likes of NUFCTV or the clubs preferred media partners?

Honestly hope we're on the end of some Pardew esque hammerings this season cause Bruce is tactically inept. But hey the happy clappers should still be happy the lads putting a shift in.

Life’s too important to be taken for a mug year on year. None of us want to be angry. Maybe some but a lot I see is a lot of excitement that the football is back and that’s fair enough but along with that is a lot of dissonance exactly of the like mclaren was here.Thats been countered in some quarters that they’ll positive aspects and a discipline carrying over but the point there being that cornerstone was allowed to walk and along with that those methods. Football is fucking barmy. Imagine losing a headteacher at a school with a CBE and knighthood for turning a failing school round then binning him off and glibly expecting/blindly hoping for better/equal results. No other walk of life with the funding the PL has would tolerate this and hope for success.

The absolute scenes on the touchline and in the stands when a finally fit Carroll comes on in the 89th minute to pull it back 1-1 with Norwich after being outplayed most of the match. Local Hero echoes around the stadium, with Bruce giving the fans what they want, a wave, before giving an interview to Rio Ferdinand. Rio acknowledges the poor results so far this season due to not having that bit of luck you sometimes need down the bottom of the table. Bruce claims he's stopped the rot and today he saw the kinda graft and fight he wants to see from his side as Newcastle record their first point, 24 games into the season.

Fingers crossed this comes true.

Players know nowt, that’s why they need a great manager.

Having fun running about in training is all well and good, then you get hammered by anyone with actual tactics.

Pretty much. Rafa had a few players grumbling even during his time at Liverpool, not all of them like being confined to positions on the field and told where they can and can't run.

I don't have anything personal against Bruce even with his bent face, but I would like to hear someone make a convincing argument as to why he is a good manager. The players seem to like him isn't really enough.

I don't think our forwards will even touch the ball against Man City and Liverpool.

Doesn’t matter to most fans. As long as we have a go at teams like Norwich and Brighton, they won’t care seeing Aguero net his 8th of the game at sjp.