Steve Brute

LoveItIfWeBeatU

“I left half my first team out and we got our backsides kicked,” said Bruce. “I thought ‘what’s the point of that?’"

what in fuck is this shit?

Bring it on. "Yeah, I let the team vote on the starting XI and we got our backsides kicked. I won't be doing that again."

The actual full story isn't that bad and is probably a sentiment we can agree with.

And Bruce says he learned a valuable lesson six years ago while in charge at Birmingham, when he rested half his first team for a tie at Blackpool, who were then in League One, and saw his Premier League outfit dumped out of the cup at the first hurdle by the Seasiders.

"I left half my first team out and we got our backsides kicked," said Bruce. "I thought 'what's the point of that?' "I can understand why the top teams do it, because of the sheer number of games they have to play, but for everyone else in the Premier League this competition is an opportunity to try and win some silverware.

He's talking about a lesson he learned from doing it.

Should he not be aware that Hull's reserves are not as good as Arsenal's?

You're right, he's Satan and I hate him and wish he'd die for saying that he made a mistake playing a weakened team and learned from the experience.

Ah hayte him sooo merch.

Well it's not reasonable, if he's not savvy enough to realise that the big teams can drop players for cup games but if you're managing Hull you might get beat, then he's idiotic.

Was Rafa idiotic then?

“I left half my first team out and we got our backsides kicked,” said Bruce. “I thought ‘what’s the point of that?’"

what in fuck is this shit?

Bring it on. "Yeah, I let the team vote on the starting XI and we got our backsides kicked. I won't be doing that again."

The actual full story isn't that bad and is probably a sentiment we can agree with.

And Bruce says he learned a valuable lesson six years ago while in charge at Birmingham, when he rested half his first team for a tie at Blackpool, who were then in League One, and saw his Premier League outfit dumped out of the cup at the first hurdle by the Seasiders.

"I left half my first team out and we got our backsides kicked," said Bruce. "I thought 'what's the point of that?' "I can understand why the top teams do it, because of the sheer number of games they have to play, but for everyone else in the Premier League this competition is an opportunity to try and win some silverware.

Fair do's.

I'd still like him to come out with lunatic statements on the regular...

Whoever it was then. Makes no ends to me. And no Rafa is not idiotic

He played weakened teams in the cups, must have been too stupid to realise we'd get knocked out by your logic.

All Bruce has said is that it's better to go full strength and give it a go in the cups, a sentiment echoed on this board every cup tie we play.

The cause isn't helped by faux outrage at every utterance the man makes, he's already given us plenty of ammunition. Denouncing every word he says in some bizarre online competition over who can get the most angry takes away from the real issue.

Our best starters and subs atm.

Dubravka

Schär  Lascelles  Lejeune

?                                              Willems

Shelvey  Longstaff 

Maximin    Joelinton    Almiron

Subs: Darlow, Dummett, Fernandez, Ki, Hayden, Ritchie, Muto, Gayle, Manquillo, Yedlin, Atsu

Could be worse.

But i would like us to ship out - some would need replacement this window obviously!

Clark, Lazaar, Yedlin, Manquillo, Atsu, Murphy, Ritchie, Gayle, Aarons, Colback

Whoever it was then. Makes no ends to me. And no Rafa is not idiotic

He played weakened teams in the cups, must have been too stupid to realise we'd get knocked out by your logic.

Every manager does it.

Watford made 11 changes when they played us and got to the Final.

We only made 5 changes yet it was Watford with 11 changes who were the ones that took it serious and went “all out for a Cup run” :laugh:

No they just won a few matches with loads of changes.

Our best starters and subs atm.

Dubravka

Schär  Lascelles  Lejeune

?                                              Willems

Shelvey  Longstaff 

Maximin    Joelinton    Almiron

Subs: Darlow, Dummett, Fernandez, Ki, Hayden, Ritchie, Muto, Gayle, Manquillo, Yedlin, Atsu

Could be worse.

But i would like us to ship out - some would need replacement this window obviously!

Clark, Lazaar, Yedlin, Manquillo, Atsu, Murphy, Ritchie, Gayle, Aarons, Colback

Have a feeling Almiron will be a regular sub this season. Cant see bruce trying to wedge our best 3 attackers in the team at the expense of graft and proper footballers in the centre of the park.

Bruce plays 352 and will probably change to 532 when it suits.. I doubt you will see Almiron and ASM in the same team unless subbed on late.

Yep.

It’s imperative we go 4-3-3 especially against the weaker teams. What’s he gone pre season?