Steve Brute

LoveItIfWeBeatU

Are the away fans still asking for him to "give them a wave" or has that died off already?

Hopefully not. He's already shit enough, let alone being distracted to wave at them.

Maybe this is the reason for the Willems/Ritchie farce?

:lol: - Luke Edwards is right. It is the fans fault.

That's terrifying!!  At one point I had to look at the date the article was written. With a few tweaks LT could reprint that in a couple of months word for word.

That is terrifying. A man who was clearly out of his depth in the top flight all those years ago selected to do it again now. It's sickening and will only result in tragic consequences.

Anyone with a modicum of football knowledge will have seen how woefully out of his depth Steve Bruce is at this level from our first two performances.

He clearly has no idea about tactics and game management. He is an old school manager in a new school division and he will be out-thought by every other manager in this league.

You simply cannot send a group of players out onto a PL pitch with nothing more than a basic shape and motivation in 2019. 90% of teams, including those newly promoted, will chew us up and spit us out regardless of whether our players are better than theirs or not.

In short, we're completely fucked!

I’m surprised how bad he’s been TBH, I thought he’d be able to at least make it look like he knows what he’s doing.

Being totally honest I am as well. I was clinging onto the fact that he has got a number of teams promoted from the Championship and that's not easy. I thought there must be some managerial nouse in that deformed head of his but the Norwich performance killed any hope of that.

I just think the pressure and toxicity of the situation is going to be too much. If he arrived quietly at a small club he might be able to use his old school methods to scrape together a few points. But he’s followed a world-class tactician into one of the most difficult jobs in Europe.

I’m surprised how bad he’s been TBH, I thought he’d be able to at least make it look like he knows what he’s doing.

I'm more surprised he's been able to steal a living in the game for the last 15-20 years as a manager. I never saw anything in him when Shepherd was trying to get him here as a manager other than he was a Geordie, but here he is, failing again and again, yet being hired and defended by the same old football experts.

I say I'm surprised, I'm not really. There's still plenty other dinosaurs knocking about in the game, and Ashley seems to have a soft spot for most of them.

Winning automatic promotion from the championship becomes more difficult each year.  Each year you could pick the promotion candidates fairly easy, any 2 from 5. Now it's any 2 from 10  . The quality of the relegated teams is so much higher and they come down with money to spare.  The crap managers like Fat Sam, Hughes, Pardew , Pullis etc are being overlooked more and more in favour of younger coaches.

I doubt Bruce could do it now against the managerial opposition out there which was proved  at Villa where he had the most expensive team in the championship.  I'm sure he is a nice guy but sadly he's thick and has no tactical nous whatsover and todays players soon see through that

It's mental isn't it. There can't be any other set of fans having to go on like this? Start of a new season hating everything to do with the club you support and wishing defeat. God I was buzzing when I see the Norwich result.

Imagine any Spurs fans popping on a NUFC forum for a pre match look and we are all desperate for a Spurs win and wanting 6 or 7 nils ffs  :lol:

Are the away fans still asking for him to "give them a wave" or has that died off already?

Hopefully not. He's already shit enough, let alone being distracted to wave at them.

Maybe this is the reason for the Willems/Ritchie farce?

:lol: - Luke Edwards is right. It is the fans fault.

‘On ye go Jetro I want you to g- ah they’re asking for me to wave *waves* - Jetro man where the fuck you going?’

A post on RAWK to cheer everybody up  :lol: :lol: :lol:

Quote from: Brian Blessed on August 18, 2019, 03:24:38 AM

Bruce is about to go the way of Pardew, this is his last job in football. About fucking time.

rafathegaffa83

RAWK Scribe

I don't think there is a manager in the PL more heavily reliant on a chequebook than Bruce and yet he gets hired again and again. It used to be said when he first started that he had a great scouting network/contacts, which was why he could pull out a few signings above the quality expected for his clubs. But even those are few and far between and some of those players like Maguire and Robertson only flourished after moving on.

What Bruce has shown throughout his career is a scattergun approach to transfers, which he won't be allowed at Newcastle. He's signed several players in the past only to cast them off six to twelve months later (Walter Pandiani, Luciano Figueroa, Marlon King). The latter almost joined Fulham prior to joining Bruce at Wigan, but Fulham were concerned about his legal history and his medical. Bruce signed him anyway for Wigan, doubled his wages and then jettisoned him on loan after 15 games before his legal troubles allowed them to cancel his contract.

Then there are the terrible swaps: £4.25m + Andy Johnson for Clinton Morrison. The latter was sold back for £2m two years later, while Palace sold Johnson for £8m+

Then there are the loss making and high wage/low impact signings:

- Paying £6m for Lee Cattermole

- Frazier Campbell for £3.5m rising to £6m (later sold for £650,000)

- Michael Turner for £5.5m (later sold for £1.5m)

- Asomah Gyan for £13m (sold for £6m a year later)

- Connor Wickham for £12m (sold for between £7m-£9m)

- Scott Hogan for £12m (now on loan at Stoke)

-Paying a combined £6.5m for John O'Shea and Wes Brown when every man and his dog knew they were finished. I also seem to recall he wanted Darron Gibson in this deal before he turned them down

- Abel Hernandez for £10m (later released by Hull)

- Alou Cisse for £4.5m (sold two years later for £300k)

- Olivier Kapo for £3.5m (released a few seasons later)

-James McFadden for £4.75m (released three years later)

- Gary McSheffrey for £4m (released three years later)

- Rowan Vine for £3m (sold a year later for £1m)

- Walter Pandiani for £3m (sold for £1m six months later)

- Luciano Figueroa for £2.5m (released four months later)

- Gary O'Connor for £2.7m (released fhree years later)