Steve Brute

LoveItIfWeBeatU

All he had to do after coming was sticking to the formula that worked for us under Rafa but the man is so proud that he insisted on going ahead with the 5-3-2 inspite of the 4-3-2-1 working so well for us previously. If it ain't broke, don't fix it, simple as. The fact that he changed it in the first place shows his ineptness and arrogance. Anyways, I'm glad it took him only 2 games to realise his formation wasn't working. I really thought it would take him 9-10 games to figure that out.

At least he wasn't too proud to change things formation wise. People crediting the win to Rafa are daft though. Let it go. He's gone. It's like when Keegan was booted all over again.

Let it go! The biggest disgrace in the modern history of the club thus cementing the fact that we're never, ever going to attempt to succeed under this owner! Get over it!

He definitely reverted to Rafa's tactics, which he should have done in the first place not banging on about "having a go and attacking football" because anyone smart would realise the team is drilled in Rafa's mould so don't rock the foundations when you first come in.

unless you have a specific idea and philosophy of your own, of course, which he absolutely does not :lol:

They'll be doing what they always do. None the general ex-players/managers/staff/media/etc seem to get the obvious point that regardless of whether Bruce is a Geordie or a 'nice bloke' he agreed to work for Mike Ashley, he took Ashley's shilling so in essence has become part of the overall problem. Everything he does is an endorsement of Ashley's regime and in the unlikely event that he achieves anything it will be tainted by the scum at the top. Bruce is either exceptionally naive or incredibly stupid if he really believes that people weren't going to see him as an Ashley yes man.

Obviously we've only had three games, but Pardew did this kind of thing to flatter to deceive as well didn't he?  Lose without threatening week in, week out against unimpressive teams, then now and again when the players motivated themselves without his intervention because they were playing Arsenal or Man City we'd pull an improbable win out of somewhere and that's all neutrals would watch or remember. 

He definitely reverted to Rafa's tactics, which he should have done in the first place not banging on about "having a go and attacking football" because anyone smart would realise the team is drilled in Rafa's mould so don't rock the foundations when you first come in.

Correct that was why the organising from Norwich to Spurs was like night and day.

Bruce ditched his Norwich formation+Shelvey and went back to the Longstaff & Hayden partership and the formation/team shape that we used last season under Rafa Benitez.

The majority of our team yesterday(Dubravka, Schar, Lascelles, Dummett, Ritchie, Longstaff, Hayden, Atsu, Almiron) are already so well drilled in 3-4-2-1 that drops to a 5-4–1 out of possession because of being drilled in it for a long time by Rafa Benitez.

It was obvious the organisation would be far better with the setup that most the team used last season and are already well drilled in.

My concern is when Bruce goes back to his Norwich formation.

I would have been very impressed if Bruce had of won it in his Norwich formation or playing expansive but he ditched it and went back to our formation shape that the majority of our squad were drilled in under Rafa.

He needs to just stick with Rafa’s Longstaff & Hayden partnership keep our defensive shape and play Almiron, Saint-Maximin, Joelinton in the Almiron, Perez, Rondon roles.

Then he should be fine.

So long as he sticks to that formation and doesn't start to tinker they should be fine. It'll be like Pardew, get some slim wins and get spanked a few times, he won't set his stall out dependent upon who they're playing and he won't have an answer to anyone that figures them out.

He's a smug, clueless, patsy cunt.

This from him today:

Hopefully that will shut a few people up a little bit. It’s been hard after two games to take the criticism

... is a great example of how he's his own worst enemy.

Rather than use it as a chance to maintain a dignified silence on it and just soak up the positivity of winning, he's effectively doubling down here.

He really is fucking stupid at times - why perpetuate the animosity? He's now just setting himself up for a fall if the next two games don't go so well.

That is exactly what he was like with us.

He's pathetic mind. I was actually quite relieved for him until I heard his interview. He's got such a victim mentality it just makes all the criticism he gets seem even more valid. I just can't see how the players are going to respect him over the long term. Being everyone's mate is going to wear thin pretty quickly. Just stop whingeing and talk about the game you pillock.

Guest neesy111

It’s going to be unbearable if he makes very few changes and we get through tomorrow and then beat Watford like.

Even worse from his supporters (I know a few).

It’s going to be unbearable if he makes very few changes and we get through tomorrow and then beat Watford like.

what do you mean unbearable. don't you want nufc to win games?

I don't want Sports Direct United to win games, no.

Guest neesy111

1 hour before kickoff to an important match and he watching the cricket

Should be nothing to do for a manager at this point id they've done their job properly.

:thup: