Steve Brute

LoveItIfWeBeatU

Well he can’t hide behind ‘it’s Benitez’s team’ now. He’s got an attack that’s cost about £100m and Fraser is probably in the £20m bracket too. He’s also seemingly made the choice to move from ball playing centre-backs to a more typical centre-back partnership. Needs a good start or he’ll be under pressure. Could see Howe here by the New Year if he has a poor start.

Well he can’t hide behind ‘it’s Benitez’s team’ now. He’s got an attack that’s cost about £100m and Fraser is probably in the £20m bracket too. He’s also seemingly made the choice to move from ball playing centre-backs to a more typical centre-back partnership. Needs a good start or he’ll be under pressure. Could see Howe here by the New Year if he has a poor start.

He could have a full team of players personally brought here by him, it's still not going to mean he knows how to create a functional team. To me he's always been the Pardew type of manager - defend deep and get some goals in the team and see what happens. I suppose that might be enough to avoid relegation, but it's not going to be good to watch.

This is why it's always good to let managers have the types of players they want, because the frauds can hang themselves out to dry quicker, without any excuses.

This is probably the best bunch of players he will have ever got to work with in the prem. It's all on him now, and there's nowhere for him to hide.

This is why it's always good to let managers have the types of players they want, because the frauds can hang themselves out to dry quicker, without any excuses.

This is probably the best bunch of players he will have ever got to work with in the prem. It's all on him now, and there's nowhere for him to hide.

He was hiding for most of the games after the restart, continuously contradicting himself in every press conference

As one example, after the Watford game, it was all "soft penalty decisions, nothing in it", pre-match for the next game "players weren't good enough" etc.

He'll never take responsibility, didn't at Villa when he had them 12th, one win in 9 in the Championship, after spending a fortune

Worst thing about it is the club will adopt the same strategy as with McClaren, persist with him until it's too late

We have a good enough squad with the incomings to push for top 10 IMO.

But with Bruce we will probably finish about 12th and he and most of our fans will be absolutely delighted with it.

We don't have a good enough midfield to get 12th, and our most important player won't be starting the season. We'll be bottom 5 all season.

Huge interview with Caulkin in the Athletic which I haven’t bothered reading yet!

Read it. Typical Bruce love-in from Caulkin.

He's only one step behind Edwards in his adoration of the bloke they love to drink with and call in favours from.

Bruce's back must be red raw from all of the cunts he's got scratching it.

Huge interview with Caulkin in the Athletic which I haven’t bothered reading yet!

He's only one step behind Edwards in his adoration of the bloke they love to drink with and call in favours from.

Just read it - I wonder which young managers ring him for advice!

Just read it - I wonder which young managers ring him for advice!

Fuck knows. Who's running Blyth Spartans these days?