Steve Brute

LoveItIfWeBeatU

yes, the way he plays he should be great anywhere on the field as he can dribble past 2,3,4 players and get into dangerous positions. Just seems to work better for him out wide.

My own personal ball ache is that you watch how hard Wilson presses and harries and then you see ASM doing his "contribution" and it kills me. If he could raise his defensive "effort" 50% he would be outstanding.

That performance yesterday should be the ‘average’. If that becomes consistent then fair play. At the moment though they’re too isolated to show any signs of encouragement. If we go and do a similar job on Friday at a team and manager I really rate then I’ll start thinking about giving him a chance and think that maybe 21 years of management was just a blip and that 2 games are his new normal.

not sure i can remember a manager (certainly not one of ours) that has such a knack of playing teams "at the right time" as this cunt tbh

combine that with anomalies such as everton away last year, spurs away this season etc. and he'll probably keep circling the drain with us as long they keep giving him players of requisite quality

history suggests this luck runs out for him but alternatively has he ever taken over a better squad and been given the likes of ASM/Wilson/Almiron/Fraser etc.?  maybe he's just gonna keep chugging along forever :anguish:

That performance yesterday should be the ‘average’. If that becomes consistent then fair play. At the moment though they’re too isolated to show any signs of encouragement. If we go and do a similar job on Friday at a team and manager I really rate then I’ll start thinking about giving him a chance and think that maybe 21 years of management was just a blip and that 2 games are his new normal.

The second half display is what we are capable of if the players can drilled into working together with a clear plan. There is more than enough pace and threat up front and from wide areas to play like that far more often. Unfortunately it only seems to click when we play certain teams, and tbf, Everton had quite a few players missing yesterday.

I expect us to be out thought and outplayed against Southampton, and that will put things in a proper perspective. Although just Brucey's luck, sounds like Ings has a knee injury. :lol:

In researching the above post, I stumbled upon The Bleacher Report's "50 Worst Managers of All Time" - a curious compilation that strikingly doesn't include Wor Cabbage Heed...

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/1107736-50-worst-managers-in-world-football-history

That list includes people who've led sides to multiple cup finals, not sure they're all the worst in history.

Marcelo Lippi who has won 5 league titles, a Champions League and a World cup amongst other things is the 11th worst manager of all time apparently. Five of ours made the list.

In researching the above post, I stumbled upon The Bleacher Report's "50 Worst Managers of All Time" - a curious compilation that strikingly doesn't include Wor Cabbage Heed...

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/1107736-50-worst-managers-in-world-football-history

That list includes people who've led sides to multiple cup finals, not sure they're all the worst in history.

Marcelo Lippi who has won 5 league titles, a Champions League and a World cup amongst other things is the 11th worst manager of all time apparently. Five of ours made the list.

Steve McClaren's spell at NUFC wasn't even mentioned in the reasons he's the "7th worst manager of all time". Nor was the Toon mentioned in squibs of Ardilles, Souness and Gullit. We've hired 10% of their "worst ever managers" and we're mentioned once in passing under Roeder.

It's a weird list - and I posted it partly because of its very strangeness. If you're going to count Claude Anelka, then surely John Carver counts and is worse than anyone on this list. And the Lippi one, well...

It is just so bad.

Like if it was "50 worst managerial stints" I guess you could make an argument that his final Italy stint belongs on that list - it was pretty dire, they should've lost to us (New Zealand) ffs - but using that logic you need to put Brian Clough (Leeds), Bobby Robson (Fulham) or Del Bosque in Turkey on there.

This Tosser needs to fuck right off.

We make silly school boy errors which makes our players look like they are thick as fuck every minute of every game.

How the fuck he’s not recognising this and changing it is beyond me. Absolute fucking bellend this wanker, fucking cunt.

Extremely poor team selection today and should've changed it at half time right away, my brothers support other teams and i genuinely had to ask them if the managers of their team change the formation after they've won the previous game and their answer of "of course.." actually surprised me, because i'm used to our managers sticking to whatever worked the previous week even if it was a total fluke.

its obvious to most nufc fans bruce doesnt know how to get a team playing well,just basics like passing and holding onto the ball.I  hope his luck runs out  & those stats should be enough to see him removed