Joelinton

Stifler

2 hours ago, madras said:

How has Fred been playing for the National team ?

Way better than in United, but he's clearly limited.

He helps a lot on the solid defense we have (it was his entrance replacing arthur that made our mid start to really work, him, Paquetá and Raphinha).

Edited by JNK

4 hours ago, Kanji said:

I’ll never understand international managers use of hierarchy when clearly some players are really really bad right now and are not performing. How does that suddenly change at an international tourney?

You have almost no time creating/implementing a system before a World Cup, even less so in this one. Players that have been part of the squad for longer understands the tactical system better. Say what you want about Brazil, but they play like a club side where the best player doesn’t always start.

Fred is the only really limited player In the starting eleven, and while I do feel like he should be benched, I can understand Tite. Fred has done really well at times alongside Casemiro, and unlike at Manchester he isn’t required to do anything offensively other than makings runs.

4 hours ago, Mountain said:

Bizarre isn't it, I assume he does some things off the ball that manager's like or maybe it's just the Man Utd factor.

Maybe he actually does a good job for Brazil. International football is different from the Premier League, it's usually played at a slower pace with more emphasis on possesion and less physical tussles in the midfield. Maybe Fred is considered a bit more reliable in keeping possession than Joelinton. Joe is perfect for the Premier because physicality plays a big part.

16 minutes ago, BennyBlanco said:

Checked out his and Joelintons stats this year. Joe is absolutely leagues ahead in terms of tackling, passing, assists, goals etc. 

Is that right though? Fred has played far less than Joelinton this season. Don’t think you can compare them unless it’s per 90 minutes. Either way, none of this matters for the national side. Hopefully Joelinton keeps improving and maybe one days gets a call-up. As for this World Cup, absolutely right call to leave him out. 

1 hour ago, Flip said:

Is that right though? Fred has played far less than Joelinton this season. Don’t think you can compare them unless it’s per 90 minutes. Either way, none of this matters for the national side. Hopefully Joelinton keeps improving and maybe one days gets a call-up. As for this World Cup, absolutely right call to leave him out. 

Oh he’s played three times as many games. Which in itself is another to pick him. Fred can’t even get into a very poor Man United midfield!

17 hours ago, Flip said:

Disagree with this. Although the system and players knowledge of this system is a factor, players form and general ability should definitely matter.

It's why a lot of people think Maddison should be starting for england, while Southgate is unlikely to even take him in the squad. 

Anyway, I agree that for Joelinton his form probably came a bit too late. Also as others have said, we don't really know if he fits in to a system that plays 2 holding midfielders as he has never played that role before. I personally think he could be a beast sitting next to a classic defensive midfielder like Casemiro. 

1 hour ago, Joey47 said:

Disagree with this. Although the system and players knowledge of this system is a factor, players form and general ability should definitely matter.

It's why a lot of people think Maddison should be starting for england, while Southgate is unlikely to even take him in the squad. 

Anyway, I agree that for Joelinton his form probably came a bit too late. Also as others have said, we don't really know if he fits in to a system that plays 2 holding midfielders as he has never played that role before. I personally think he could be a beast sitting next to a classic defensive midfielder like Casemiro. 

Not sure what you are disagreeing with. Maybe I should’ve made it clearer, but the team has been picked and Fred has been an integral part of a team that has lost three in the last 50 games.

I’m not Fred’s biggest fan, but people mention Big Joe at times as he had the ability of Bruno. Bruno is having a hard time breaking into the starting XI based on performances for the national side (even though I’m sure by game 3 he’ll be starting)

On 08/11/2022 at 17:54, TRon said:

Maybe he actually does a good job for Brazil. International football is different from the Premier League, it's usually played at a slower pace with more emphasis on possesion and less physical tussles in the midfield. Maybe Fred is considered a bit more reliable in keeping possession than Joelinton. Joe is perfect for the Premier because physicality plays a big part.

Very well-made point