Joelinton

Stifler

6 minutes ago, Mazzy said:

Wouldn't be surprised to see him finish on double figures as well. What's the record for most number of players at one club finishing with 10+ goals. Can't be more than 4 surely.

2001-02

Shearer 27

Solano 12

Bellamy 14

Robert 10

2 minutes ago, Skeletor said:

2001-02

Shearer 27

Solano 12

Bellamy 14

Robert 10

I'm assuming that's all comps? I did mean just league games as I saw that we'd never had even 3 scorers with 10+ in the Premier League era.

2 hours ago, Mazzy said:

I'm assuming that's all comps? I did mean just league games as I saw that we'd never had even 3 scorers with 10+ in the Premier League era.

Yeah in the league Shearer was the only player in double figures. We’ve never had 3 players do it in the Prem, never mind 4.

The more I think about it, the more I think he might be our player of the season again you know? Yellow cards aside he's been more or less consistently brilliant and has added goals and assists to his game. 

Has to be between him, Schar, and Trippier for me. 

Edited by Kid Icarus

54 minutes ago, Kid Icarus said:

The more I think about it, the more I think he might be our player of the season again you know? Yellow cards aside he's been more or less consistently brilliant and has added goals and assists to his game. 

It’s nuts that you can say that, exclude Bruno, Pope and our joint top scorers and be making a valid point.

if ever there was a season for a collective award it would be this one and I bet we only get 1 max in the team of the seasons, either writers or players

57 minutes ago, Kid Icarus said:

Really harsh to not include Almiron. Joelinton is a hell of a shout though.

9 hours ago, Mazzy said:

I was actually looking at that this morning but didn't know where to post it.

This season is the first in our Premier League history where we have 3 players with 10+ goals.

Edited by kocunar

2 hours ago, huss9 said:

can our Brazilian friends let us know if his name is being put forward by journalists, fans etc over there for a national call up?

Do Brazilian fans even know he plays in midfield these days? Their dancing manager seemed pretty oblivious of Joelinton before he got dumped.

Quite honestly, my favourite player in years. He absolutely bullied Spurs, and his volcanic reaction after he scored showed it meant everything to him.

Thought I was way too old to have favourite players, but it turns out he's proved me wrong in that as well ?

6 hours ago, The Butcher said:

That first touch man. Christ on a bike 

His composure now compared to before is night and day. The head fake after he takes the ball and leaves LoLris for dead should not be overlooked as well. 

4 hours ago, huss9 said:

can our Brazilian friends let us know if his name is being put forward by journalists, fans etc over there for a national call up?

By a lot of fans yes and some journalists as well.

Do think whoever is the next manager is going to give him a chance (or at least has to) Has improved and developed his game further in the last few months. He’s showing more ability on the ball now and is becoming quite more confident with the offensive aspect of his game which was pretty non-existent before. His only real weakness is that he doesn’t have that great of a passing game and he’s more effective in open spaces as well, something the Brazilian national side rarely gets against defensive opponents. 

1 minute ago, Flip said:

By a lot of fans yes and some journalists as well.

Do think whoever is the next manager is going to give him a chance (or at least has to) Has improved and developed his game further in the last few months. He’s showing more ability on the ball now and is becoming quite more confident with the offensive aspect of his game which was pretty non-existent before. His only real weakness is that he doesn’t have that great of a passing game and he’s more effective in open spaces as well, something the Brazilian national side rarely gets against defensive opponents. 

He's also not the greatest striker of the ball, a lot of his goals are similar to yesterday's. Not sure he's cut out for international football, but he bosses the PL. Obviously for his sake I would love to see him get in the side and do well.

7 minutes ago, TRon said:

He's also not the greatest striker of the ball, a lot of his goals are similar to yesterday's. Not sure he's cut out for international football, but he bosses the PL. Obviously for his sake I would love to see him get in the side and do well.

He's always got that Norwich goal in his pocket, just needs to stay upright.

But him playing for Brazil would improve Brazil and make Flip happy so I have complicated feelings about all of this.

he's surely an asset in any NT squad. An option that you can bring in for 3 or 4 different positions if you need his particular skillset and physicality. His aerial ability either out wide or in the middle is massive and I wish we pinged more crosses to the back post when he plays left wing. There was one yesterday that Isak should've left for him and it could easily have been a goal. 

Edited by Smal

1 minute ago, Smal said:

he's surely an asset in any NT squad. An option that you can bring in for 3 or 4 different positions if you need his particular skillset and physicality. His aerial ability either out wide or in the middle is massive and I wish we pinged more crosses to the back post when he plays left wing. There was one yesterday that Isak should've left for him and it could easily have been a goal. 

I think this is one of the reasons Howe likes to play him on that left side.

There was another he was definitely going to head in that Porro just managed to flick away.