Joelinton

Stifler

Worrying already how unimpressive Joe is, likes a whinge and a stroll about. Hoping its because its early days but i`m not so sure, think i`m with Rafa on this one. Even melt face couldn`t wait to get Carroll on. 

He did have one really impressive moment today; brought it down fantastically well then fed the move which led to Shortstaff's effort which clipped the bar. High ball, over the right shoulder, awkward height - but got it under control with Berbatov levels of finesse. Didn't notice much else, like. Who knows how good he is.

He needs protecting and his confidence boosting. If Carroll can stay fit it will help. Predictably Joelinton will be on the bench soon but that is not necessarily a negative. There is really nothing that comes through the middle to help him. He doesn't look capable of being the game changer we need up front and the team isn't confident or playing well enough to help him out.

We have seen he has the tools but is as predicted not the finished article.

Worrying already how unimpressive Joe is, likes a whinge and a stroll about. Hoping its because its early days but i`m not so sure, think i`m with Rafa on this one. Even melt face couldn`t wait to get Carroll on. 

He did have one really impressive moment today; brought it down fantastically well then fed the move which led to Shortstaff's effort which clipped the bar. High ball, over the right shoulder, awkward height - but got it under control with Berbatov levels of finesse. Didn't notice much else, like. Who knows how good he is.

Maybe its a dip in form or working with Bruce, he seemed quite promising pre-season and the goal at Tottenham was good.

Carroll was worse if anything, although he did get one header in on goal. I don't think Joelinton is enjoying the amount of long high balls he's expected to fight for, looks to be much happier when he gets the ball to his feet.

Carroll was worse if anything, although he did get one header in on goal. I don't think Joelinton is enjoying the amount of long high balls he's expected to fight for, looks to be much happier when he gets the ball to his feet.

Joelinton is not the type of player Brewcie thinks he is - and he doesn’t seem to be cottoning on at all.

Having watched the first few games I doubt Joelinton will never ever be as good as Rondon was.  He just looks like a raw Andy Carroll to me and why on earth Carroll gets the reception he does when warming up or coming on is embarrassing, you'd think it was Messi coming on and not some failed injury prone centre forward from 10 years ago

He simply does not get enough of the ball in dangerous attacking positions because we don't really create many chances. We also play hoof it up to him when that is clearly not his style. He does win a decent number of headers and did fairly well considering he was up against Harry McGuire.

He simply does not get enough of the ball in dangerous attacking positions because we don't really create many chances. We also play hoof it up to him when that is clearly not his style. He does win a decent number of headers and did fairly well considering he was up against Harry McGuire.

One question mark over him is his desire to get into goal scoring positions. Not sure if that is coming from him, or how we are set up at the moment, but he needs to be getting on the end of crosses if he expects to score goals.

He has a number 9 on his back, I'll give you that.  He has no idea what hold up play is, does not run the channels enough or clever enough to run them and his movement in the opposition box is non existent hence he will never be a natural goalscorer.  Just my opinion like ( oh, and Rafa's).

He has a number 9 on his back, I'll give you that.  He has no idea what hold up play is, does not run the channels enough or clever enough to run them and his movement in the opposition box is non existent hence he will never be a natural goalscorer.  Just my opinion like ( oh, and Rafa's).

Afaik Rafa only said no due to the fee, rather than not rating his ability or potential.

Afaik Rafa only said no due to the fee, rather than not rating his ability or potential.

Correct, he said he was a good player with potential but only rated him as £20m which prompted Ashley to claim he offered the difference out of his own pocket

Agree with this, certainly not good enough to lead the line by himself anyway. His hold up play is poor, he's not going to consistently win long balls in the air but alternatively he's not sitting on the shoulder of the last defender either waiting for a ball clipped over the top or to press/pounce on errors when they have the ball. The tactics and lack of service clearly aren't helping him either and you've got to wonder what actual instructions he is being given by the coaching staff as he looks lost at times like he's not sure what position to take up.