Allan Saint-Maximin (now playing for Al-Ahli)

Disco

3 minutes ago, Sima said:

Fair shout.

Don’t get me wrong I think it’s mental but I do sort of see the point when it comes to selling the league to prospective fans. 

You’d expect a bit more for Maxi mind even if he is a bit injury prone.

As an aside I didn’t realise Al Ahli weren’t even in the top flight last season. One of the few Saudi clubs I’d heard of too. Was going to say you could bung a few will be met bonus clauses in to bring in some £ in the next couple of years, not that you couldn’t do that anyway.

He’ll be a miss like. Absolutely electrifying player.

30m is not great business for someone of his talent. But I don’t think the club are being straight up about FFP.. I just don’t think Howe rates him for the style he wants us to play and can use it as an excuse to flog.

So Maxi for Barnes is a straight swap pretty much.

Not too happy about this one.. love Maxi 

12 minutes ago, Disco said:

Don’t get me wrong I think it’s mental but I do sort of see the point when it comes to selling the league to prospective fans. 

You’d expect a bit more for Maxi mind even if he is a bit injury prone.

As an aside I didn’t realise Al Ahli weren’t even in the top flight last season. One of the few Saudi clubs I’d heard of too. Was going to say you could bung a few will be met bonus clauses in to bring in some £ in the next couple of years, not that you couldn’t do that anyway.

He’ll be a miss like. Absolutely electrifying player.

If it is going to be that price, I'm glad it's overseas.  

I'd be spewing if he went to the likes of Brentford, Villa, Fulham or West Ham for that price

A bit gutted he is leaving like. Love him when he's on form, really noticed him being less selfish back end of last season, obviously under instruction from Howe. 

Some of the stick he used to get was unreal at time's "just pass it man!!!" 

The thing is, know one knows if this is a terrible or brilliant idea until we see who comes in and how they perform. 

we won’t know until the end of the new season. The major difference now is that he’s not going just because we sell the silverware. 

I'm glad he's not going to a Premier League club but I hope this is the only time we push the Saudi transfer cheat code button; it's a bit ugly. 

Agree that £30m seems quite low given the destination, but no one on these shores nor in Europe was stumping that amount up for a sicknote so I don't think we can really grumble. I assume we're selling him for a price that works for us because there's no reason for us to be short-changed here. 

All the best, Maxi. Credit to you for: ploughing a very lonely furrow in the Bruce years; for exciting some fans, particularly young ones; for putting up with ridiculous flack from the more braindead corners of SJP; and for the many glistening moments. Good player - sad that he never really fulfilled his potential and wish him all the luck in the world over there.

I think its a bit telling that the best offer for him comes from Saudi Arabia, not good. I know some of us (me included) rate him highly as he gave us some great edge of seat moments at a dire time for the club but would have imagined there would be at least some solid interest from another European club if he was up for sale. I understand his fitness record hasn't been great recently but he is in the prime of his career, there is no reason why he would not have turned it around if given a chance either here or at another European club.

I know people mention Neves but that bloke was actively all for that move as money for his family being driving factor and motivation. I can't imagine ASM really wanting to go to Saudi Arabia (not that he wouldn't want to insure his family's future) but for actively stating wanting to stay and do great things with this club.

Edited by Amir_9

6 hours ago, Scotty66 said:

All the poor fuckers that got his name on their new top [emoji38]

Gonna miss him. 

Ordered one from DHGate a couple of weeks ago for the bairn as he was adamant he wanted his name

Did try to warn him that he might leave but he wouldn't listen, he's going to be gutted 

I'm fine with this (assuming the price is decent). Let's just get it done and we can bring a couple of players in and stop talking about him constantly. 

If this allows us to get Kvichia or Barnes and Livramento it's worth it 100%.

2 minutes ago, KDT said:

Like Keegan selling Cole because he had a plan, if Cole scored 5 goals per season rather than 40.

And if Cole wasn't a starter and didn't go for a record fee.

Its more Kelly/Peacock. One a cult hero the other our best player for the 2years prior but neither guaranteed a start anymore

Edited by Wolfcastle