Allan Saint-Maximin (now playing for Al-Ahli)

Disco

Poor guy gets kicked to fuck every game. If anyone deserves a couple of games off, whatever the reason, it's him. Ill, injured, just bruised and knackered, whatever. Let him rest and get better.

Can't believe the mentality of the people on here who want to make that some kind of irredeemable personality flaw. He stuck with us through years of Bruce and never caused any bother, never asked to leave when he had every right to as he was head and shoulders above anything here. Absolutely convinced he'll be desperate to stay now and see what we can do with money.

To be fair, I thought the way this was handled going into West Ham was the correct way. Keep it close to the chest so the opposition will have him in his mind, whether he plays or not. He may well be injured but why broadcast that?

I changed my stand. If he continues to make daft decisions, like instead of playing a simple pass he chose to dribble past three players in our own half, then we should get a replacement this summer.

I have to admit I was a tad underwhelmed with him today. 

He just didn't look physically right. It was like he came on having already played a game in the morning. I hope he can figure out whatever has him like this.

3 minutes ago, Numbers said:

The fuck is wrong with this kid at the minute, didnt even go over to applaud the fans at full time.

He doesn’t unless he stole the show and gets all the plaudits. Most defeats he just sulks off.

He played like someone who was sulking because they didn’t start and was asked to come on and defend, imo. 

He’s a wonderful player on his day and I suppose wanting to win and be the best isn’t the worst character trait in the world.

Since his storming Everton performance he’s had a stinker vs Villa and two poor cameos off the bench. He’s so inconsistent but that’s why he’s playing for us and not Man City.

Guest reefatoon

All the talent in the world, but man, the rolling around on the ground drives me mad. He went down and we were under pressure, we managed to win back possession and Targett had the ball, looked up to play it forward and the soft fucker was still on the floor [emoji38] So Targett just had to put it forward. Get up man and get on with the game! Doesn’t matter who the player is, I really can’t stand rolling around for fuck all. So infuriating 

I would swap him for a Raphinha type guy in the summer in a heartbeat. We can now win games without him in the team and he was really frustrating today I think. We need a more consistent rapid winger in the summer. He needs to go somewhere where can be the talisman player of the team.

Needs to work harder. Great talent but equally just as lazy. We played a triggered press. Everyone does it but him.

It had no bearing on the game but he walks back if he loses the ball and rarely closes down.

Team > Player has been the big thing of late and he just wants to be the star.

I really want him to be part of our team for years to come but I'm not sure he wants to work on his weaknesses tbh. Sadly.

I'm sure he'll now go any score a hatful vs Everton and I hope he does but he needs to stop the sulky shit and work.

Edited by Oregon_Geordie

16 minutes ago, papo said:

I would swap him for a Raphinha type guy in the summer in a heartbeat. We can now win games without him in the team and he was really frustrating today I think. We need a more consistent rapid winger in the summer. He needs to go somewhere where can be the talisman player of the team.

Raphinha is a brilliant player but if you ask Leeds fans they'd tell you exactly the same thing about him. He's been poor and sulking for months until today.

2 hours ago, Oregon_Geordie said:

Needs to work harder. Great talent but equally just as lazy. We played a triggered press. Everyone does it but him.

It had no bearing on the game but he walks back if he loses the ball and rarely closes down.

Team > Player has been the big thing of late and he just wants to be the star.

I really want him to be part of our team for years to come but I'm not sure he wants to work on his weaknesses tbh. Sadly.

I'm sure he'll now go any score a hatful vs Everton and I hope he does but he needs to stop the sulky shit and work.

Said to me fatha sat next to me when he came on against Brighton that there was a clear gameplan in place, particularly as they were getting back into it and the biggest risk is whether or not he'll decide to become part of that or do his own thing. It's less concerning when he starts, but as a substitute, particularly when we're losing, you don't know what you're going to get.

Very accurate the post and quoted post above for me. Our squad is more than the sum of its parts at present and there's only one 'bad' apple at present and it's not Shelvey.

I like ASM, he's mint crack, he's a massive talent, and he can be a real superstar, but he won't ever reach the heights he's capable of without addressing his flaws, and the sad thing is, his flaws should be easily addressed, because it largely centres around attitude and mentality. 

Edited by Heron

It's always like this for a few matches until he picks up form and all is temporarily forgotten. :lol: 

I agree he is frustrating af, like when he got surrounded by three players on the break where he could have made an easy pass to Bruno, straight in front of him, but decided to go for glory. He had 3-4 of those situations last game as well. Hard to tell if it's because he wants to take them on, or if he just doesnt look up so he knows where his options are.