Allan Saint-Maximin (now playing for Al-Ahli)

Disco

I did feel at the time that Howe got this sub wrong, made sense at 1-1 but at 2-1 it always felt like a risk, I think Anderson on and possibly Joelinton going to the left would've made more sense. I guess he was anticipating Leeds leaving gaps but it never really happened. 

He did more in 20 minutes than Almiron did in 70 minutes but I don't see his thread bumped with this 'not good enough' and 'sell him' shite. Some people just have this weird fixation with ASM.

8 minutes ago, Andy said:

I did feel at the time that Howe got this sub wrong, made sense at 1-1 but at 2-1 it always felt like a risk, I think Anderson on and possibly Joelinton going to the left would've made more sense. I guess he was anticipating Leeds leaving gaps but it never really happened. 

Same. I thought he would have adjusted the substitutions based on the change in score line 

Another 10 mins or so and he would have won us the game.

Was starting to warm up and was rinsing the full back he was up against. Such a shame he over hit that last cross, but it happens.

59 minutes ago, KaKa said:

Another 10 mins or so and he would have won us the game.

Was starting to warm up and was rinsing the full back he was up against. Such a shame he over hit that last cross, but it happens.

I did much prefer HBA and I understand the frustrations with ASM’s constant injuries. 

But it feels like we are all doing what Pardew did with HBA, when it comes to ASM. Not getting something from him, despite only getting a 20-30 minute cameo and he’s always the scapegoat. Not the fucker that was on before him and also achieved fuck all from out wide in twice the amount of time. 

He’s an unpredictable, low percentage flair player. His game really hasn’t changed that much over the years. I don’t fully understand the shift in opinion with ASM. 

1 hour ago, Lush Vlad said:

I did much prefer HBA and I understand the frustrations with ASM’s constant injuries. 

But it feels like we are all doing what Pardew did with HBA, when it comes to ASM. Not getting something from him, despite only getting a 20-30 minute cameo and he’s always the scapegoat. Not the fucker that was on before him and also achieved fuck all from out wide in twice the amount of time. 

He’s an unpredictable, low percentage flair player. His game really hasn’t changed that much over the years. I don’t fully understand the shift in opinion with ASM. 

Well I was happy with him today. Thought he looked threatening.

If we had played with more urgency after we went up 2-1 and looked to get him the ball more, instead of starting to play as if we were seeing out a 5-1 lead, he likely would have tied things up for us.

7 minutes ago, Holloway said:

If he had a bit more fortitude I'd be fully on board 

If he gets 2+ semi-serious injuries next year i’m fully on board of letting him go. 

Edited by Displayname

8 hours ago, Pata said:

He did more in 20 minutes than Almiron did in 70 minutes but I don't see his thread bumped with this 'not good enough' and 'sell him' shite. Some people just have this weird fixation with ASM.

I wouldn’t be upset to see both upgraded in the summer.  I doubt we will, though.  

7 hours ago, Lush Vlad said:

I guess the change in system and success? We used to rely on him under Bruce, we barely picked up any points without him he was pretty much a one man show in a tactic less side. Now we are well drilled and successful and play as a unit. His flaws are a lot more noticeable and we rely less on his individual brilliance. When you are down the bottom you can afford the star player a run in the side to get sharp and back to his best but it's a lot harder when you're fighting for a champions league spot. 

Feel for him as he's trying to adapt and putting in effort but it's hard when he's constantly injured or unfit and having to make up for it in short cameos. 

Weird comments in here. He’s got to be starting in the remaining games if he’s fit. It’s a better balance for the team, he’s a genuine threat - even yesterday despite being off pace on a really heavy pitch. 

That Isak LW experiment needs to end. 

Also if they offside goal is given and we go 3-1 up the people that are desperate to jump on him all the time are saying absolutely f all about his performance. A Leeds equaliser shouldn’t shift the narrative.