Emil Krafth

Nobody

I feel sorry for him. 

He's come into the team to replace an England international that managed to do more in three games than he has in going on three seasons. He falls into the same boat as Murphy for me. He did well today, but only by his usual standards. I was worried Cucurella would tear him a new one and I'm hopeful Manquillo can come back in soon. He's top of the list to get rid of in my opinion. He won't generate much for us, but he's not good enough defensively to make up for his lack of input in attack.

Too often we are writing off players only to be surprised, he was ok yesterday and I agree not top notch but give him credit , he was cheap and is trying his best .Good attitude from him . 

He's just another in a long line of players who have improved because of Howe and his tactics, he's still technically diabolical. Watch him revert to type soon as he leaves this summer. Really wouldn't get your knickers in a twist over Emil Kraft though.

He's our 3rd choice right back and I have no major issues with that for time being to be honest. Has his limitations but is performing to a higher standard than in the past, not quite the redemption arc of some other players and still needs improving on but I certainly don't hate him.

13 minutes ago, Dandy Man said:

He's our 3rd choice right back and I have no major issues with that for time being to be honest. Has his limitations but is performing to a higher standard than in the past, not quite the redemption arc of some other players and still needs improving on but I certainly don't hate him.

Love the redemption arc concept! 👍

Trying to think of players who would have had the steepest! 

They definitely seemed to target him and he did pretty well. Cucharella was brilliant and attacked all game.

Had 2-3 times where he easily could have taken the man and ball and put in an absolutely pathetic tackle, though. Still seems a bit hesitant at times.

I’d rather Manquillo plays when he is fully fit. 

When we did get forward, Krafth was making some excellent overlapping runs, which was clearly a tactic.

At the very least the lad grafts his arse off, hustles and does what his manager asks but yes quality is lacking.

I don't think he's a write off as PL player, just not with us.

He's always running after the ball or man in desperation, more than any other player. That shows his lack of positional awareness. 

Countless times a player was making a run and got in behind him because he didn't read the game quick enough to cover it off. Murphy didn't help much I front at times to be fair. 

We are carrying him at the moment and I feel Manquillo has proved time and again that he is the better option, so I'm surprised he didn't come straight in after his injury. 

I don't know why Manq wasn't playing yesterday. Winning team or not, if there's a marked difference between two players that play in the same position there shouldn't be a question that the inferior player should be replaced. It's the team that'll benefit overall at the end of the day.

I don't particularly hate this guy because he's been okay in some patches. I wouldn't say its entirely his fault his natural ability is well below the bar or the fact we're still looking at playing him.

Will fade into football obscurity when he leaves us just like Haidara, Bigirimana, Sammy Amoebi (list goes on and on) and all the other bang average lower midtable Championship quality players we have tried to sign as a "bArGaIn" during the Ashley era. Have a good life, thanks anyway and enjoy your retirement Ikea meatballs. I sure as hell am not going to remember you after you leave.

Edited by Amir_9

12 minutes ago, toon25 said:

I don't know why Manq wasn't playing yesterday. Winning team or not, if there's a marked difference between two players that play in the same position there shouldn't be a question that the inferior player should be replaced. It's the team that'll benefit overall at the end of the day.

Probably not 100% after his injury.

In the 1st half he gave the ball away a couple of times when we were pressing forward in attack. Simple balls too. Put us in a very difficult position to try and get people back to cover their subsequent attacks. Poor play.
Wouldn’t want to see him start for us again.

He's a more than adequate back up. He will never get the plaudits but has done a good job since coming into the team, despite his lack of quality.

Edited by Klaus