Coronavirus in football

WarrenBartonCentrePartin

How could teams being promoted but no teams being relegated work? It would create a situation where even more games would need to be played next season. Also the league at the bottom of the pyramid would have less teams than usual.

Also if there is no relegation.  Liverpool are champions all but mathematically that will be confirmed after a couple games.  So the only reason the season is finished is financial and to decide champions league spots.  So 4-5 motivated teams.  14-15 teams with players who are playing for noting and potentially don't want to be there.   There will be some shocking results.  What a farce..

Brucey's time to shiiiiiine

I can't even see it being worth watching if it comes back anytime soon. No crowds, alot of meaningless games with so many teams safe and players who havent kicked a ball in a couple of months and probably can't be arsed with it all.

after watching SSN I think the season will be void. they won't be able to guarantee players safety and a number of clubs (hopefully us) don't want to play at a neutral venue.

How could teams being promoted but no teams being relegated work? It would create a situation where even more games would need to be played next season. Also the league at the bottom of the pyramid would have less teams than usual.

Also if there is no relegation.  Liverpool are champions all but mathematically that will be confirmed after a couple games.  So the only reason the season is finished is financial and to decide champions league spots.  So 4-5 motivated teams.  14-15 teams with players who are playing for noting and potentially don't want to be there.   There will be some shocking results.  What a farce..

Brucey's time to shiiiiiine

lol

probably twitter/facey bollocks but heard the idea is play all games at st. george's park and televise them all

players all sequestered off somewhere from mid may and come in for the matches etc. with season kicking off in june

central location makes sense mind, logistically

:dontknow:

fuck knows what the champo etc. will do like

Aye, I've had that come round, Gibbo on WhatsApp again probably but sounds like it could work.

Surely it's only safe to do so when there is a vaccine though? What's the difference between playing behind closed doors in June or September if there is no vaccine? If players are all tested pre match then surely there is zero risk to them?

probably twitter/facey bollocks but heard the idea is play all games at st. george's park and televise them all

players all sequestered off somewhere from mid may and come in for the matches etc. with season kicking off in june

central location makes sense mind, logistically

:dontknow:

fuck knows what the champo etc. will do like

Players could just say fuck that I’m not going to as football concentration camp for a month I want to be with my family.

As long as they are picking up their full pay, it's not a bad option for them. "Thanks but I think I'll give it a miss tbh".

Had on. They are talking about finishing the season, which I can understand from a financial point of view.

They arent actually considering having fans in the stadiums though right?

Had on. They are talking about finishing the season, which I can understand from a financial point of view.

They arent actually considering having fans in the stadiums though right?

Not till 2021 according to latest reports.

De Marco also said there was a "very big problem" regarding player contracts as "nothing is preventing them" from walking out if it expires before the season is completed.

"You could have a player playing for a club one week and a rival the next week," he said.

I very much doubt it. Even if the window is open by the time the season resumes I'm guessing only players registered in Jan will be allowed to play. If not the craic on, we'll have Bale, Coutinho & Cavani ready to make sure Bruce doesn't relegate us.  :lol:

I'm starting to think it might be scrapped at this point.

What I'm wondering as well is how will UEFA competitions work next season? Some leagues are acknowledging current standings while others are just wiping everything out. Maybe cancelled until 2021/22 so they can start fresh?

What I'm wondering as well is how will UEFA competitions work next season? Some leagues are acknowledging current standings while others are just wiping everything out. Maybe cancelled until 2021/22 so they can start fresh?

UEFA has stated that the leagues are to nominate their qualifying teams based on sporting merit, i.e. if they cancel the league and keep the current standings for who wins the league, the same would go for the teams qualifying for Europe. UEFA holds the right to disagree with the teams put forward by the national FAs in the event they obviously did not qualify on sporting merit.

UEFA has stated that the leagues are to nominate their qualifying teams based on sporting merit, i.e. if they cancel the league and keep the current standings for who wins the league, the same would go for the teams qualifying for Europe. UEFA holds the right to disagree with the teams put forward by the national FAs in the event they obviously did not qualify on sporting merit.

Interesting. It's the most logical way to do things in all honesty if no additional games will be played. Still, I can imagine some clubs piping up about selections, especially if that particular nation wiped out their standings.

:thup: Cheers that must've gone over my head at the time.

But also yeah for good. Just wondering if it ends up one of those things they understandably back down on due to Covid, then it just becomes the norm.